Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 09:59 AM   #589
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Right back at ya. Since I never said that. Oh and yes I know, just stay out of the Mustangs threads if I don't like it. Well, this will be my last post in any Mustang related thread. At least until I forget I said this.
Pwomise
Old 05-18-2009, 09:59 AM   #590
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Thanks snizzle.

I tend to agree. 40-60 hp is significant but not hard or even that expensive. If a GT owner wants to be neck and neck with the SS Camaro it won't take a ton of effort. Certainly not Forced Induction.

In reality, big picture, the cars are comperable. Not equals, but comparable.

Why is this so hard for all us to understand?

"Normal" bolt-ons will do the trick. Headers, CAI, Cats, Tunes, Ignitions and the like. I don't know a lot about DOHC engines, but I'm guessing there are aftermarket cams. but that is about as advanced as you'd need to go IMO.
I will agree with this statement. Well said. The cars are comparable, but not equal. A few bolt on's will sway the out come one way or another.

The true meaning to this is that the big 3 AMERICAN muscle is back ! So now whether you wear a bow tie, run the blue oval, or go mopar, we are all handing the rice their proverbial rice bowls !!!

So go big 3, go American muscle !
There is no replacement for displacement.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:02 AM   #591
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
I will agree with this statement. Well said. The cars are comparable, but not equal. A few bolt on's will sway the out come one way or another.

The true meaning to this is that the big 3 AMERICAN muscle is back ! So now whether you wear a bow tie, run the blue oval, or go mopar, we are all handing the rice their proverbial rice bowls !!!

So go big 3, go American muscle !
There is no replacement for displacement.
You have just become my favorite Ford guy... Next to my Brother-in-law.

You sir, are a shining example of what our friendly rivalry should be.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:19 AM   #592
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluch View Post
i don't mind it. But my order is:

1. Camaro
2. Challenger
3. Mustang
My order is:

1. GT500
2. Challenger SRT8
3. Camaro SS
4. Challenger R/T
5. Mustang GT
Old 05-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #593
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
So saying this, what magazine said the mustang is struggling to get to 14's ???

I remember seeing mid 13's from most. I rather have real drivers out there. Real guys are buying these cars and driving them...mag drivers are good for...well reading.
the comment was the the mustang was stugging to BREAK 14, NOT to get 14's. road and track got 13.8....thats the only number that i have quoted in this thread (i think) and i didnt pick that because it was the slowest, the link was provided by some one else because they liked how it was layed out, and that they test both the camaro and mustang
Old 05-18-2009, 10:58 AM   #594
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock36 View Post
It's like this...the guys you see struggling for that 13.9 (on a good track with decent air) in a Mustang GT are the same kind of guys you will see struggling for a 13.5 or better in the new Camaro SS on that same track (which will happen, and probably even by some people on this forum).

Lets not be be victims of a confirmation bias.
yep
Old 05-18-2009, 11:04 AM   #595
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28orSs View Post
do you plan on running you stang when you get it?
I don't know with my job free time is few and far between now. So it all depends on if I get more free time by then.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:04 AM   #596
Camarofan123

Drives: None
Yeah I don't think it matters what brand of musclecar you have. Having competition makes it more fun. Whether you have a Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, or a Charger, you are owning A musclecar. I just wish all the hate would stop like the names rustang, scumaro, and whatever names they call the dodge musclecars. What some people fail to realize is that in a way, every musclecar is tied together, even though they're different brands with different engines, suspensions, exteriors, and interiors, so those people should respect eachother and be glad there's more than one musclecar around. Plus competition can create better sales for all 3 brands of musclecars. Chrysler and GM are close to going bankrupt which means the musclecar days may soon diminish. Therefore, we would only have the mustang. Not everyone wants a mustang, so with no other selection, people would become bored of the mustang, and it's sales would diminish.

I'm just saying that you shouldn't hate on different brand musclecar owners, they don't
have to like what you like, they have their own personal preference, but don't hate on them for it, just be glad they're buying a MUSCLECAR.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:10 AM   #597
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarofan123 View Post
Yeah I don't think it matters what brand of musclecar you have. Having competition makes it more fun. Whether you have a Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, or a Charger, you are owning A musclecar. I just wish all the hate would stop like the names rustang, scumaro, and whatever names they call the dodge musclecars. What some people fail to realize is that in a way, every musclecar is tied together, even though they're different brands with different engines, suspensions, exteriors, and interiors, so those people should respect eachother and be glad there's more than one musclecar around. Plus competition can create better sales for all 3 brands of musclecars. Chrysler and GM are close to going bankrupt which means the musclecar days may soon diminish. Therefore, we would only have the mustang. Not everyone wants a mustang, so with no other selection, people would become bored of the mustang, and it's sales would diminish.

I'm just saying that you shouldn't hate on different brand musclecar owners, they don't
have to like what you like, they have their own personal preference, but don't hate on them for it, just be glad they're buying a MUSCLECAR.
Hear Hear !
With that though......MUSTANGS RULE !!!!

Hehe, and so do you other guys. It is a great day that we will see modern muscle all at the tracks again. Good times, good times.

I know one of my good buds will be getting a Maro....Its always fun pulling up to the spot and having the big muscle part the sea's of imports.....
Old 05-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #598
ArcAngel

Each car has it's pluses and minuses. For me the decision came after driving all I looking at what amenities I really wanted and which car had the most pros for me. In the end it was the Stang. But that doesn't mean I hate the others quite the contrary if I could own all 3 I would
Old 05-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #599
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
http://www.motorauthority.com/report...us-50l-v8.html

a little info on the dev of the 5.0 L
idk if its old or not
Old 05-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #600
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Here's how it would work for me.

Camaro5
69 Camaro
GT 500
G8 GXP
Chally
3rd Gen Camaro.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #601
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
One of my neighbors has a baby blue one (yup...wtf?) and it's ok...not a fan...I can take a pic if requested.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #602
ArcAngel

I think that's slightly outdaed not to to old ^^

Closed Thread