Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
No Vararam Impression

Alright guys, so my car is going in for quite the list of warranty fixes so I took off my intake before storage. Now performance wise, the car only had a VR and SOLO exhaust.
Remember that lag in throttle response, and how the TB is the cure for it? Well I never got one, knew I needed one but never noticed how bad the lag was until I drove around without the Vararam.
With my Vararam, I feel like the car was a beast, throttle response was great. Never noticed how well it cured the lag for me.
Driving with out it feels like the car is towing ten thousand pounds, the lag is terrible and makes me want to buy the Vmax TB right away.

So my impression of getting used to the car without the VR intake is that it SUCKS. Plain and simple, the lag is terrible.
Cant wait to put my VR back on and install my Black Iceolator which is currently sitting in front of me begging to be installed. The next two mods that should be coming next month is the Vmax Tb and RX Catchcan (yes I know I really need one badly)
After that, a tune and I think ill be happy for now, but smokes SC LLT is really making my heart rate go up.

Anyways just figured i'd give you guys my impression of how much it sucks to go back to stock after being spoiled with the Vararam
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
I did it also last year when I was having my VR hydro dipped! Very bad lag even with the M6! And I could tell the engine seemed like it was choking till the ECU relearned!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
nickruta

Drives: 2010 black camaro
yup i have the vararam intake and the solo performance exhasust with j pipes too and its just sick. I love the added power and and sound and ive past 600 miles on them and it seems to keep getting better and better.
nickruta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I did it also last year when I was having my VR hydro dipped! Very bad lag even with the M6! And I could tell the engine seemed like it was choking till the ECU relearned!
Yeah its actually pretty damn sad, I was like this is 300hp, sheesh! lol cant wait to have it all back together
I cant imagine how your going to feel rolling with 500 crank hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickruta View Post
yup i have the vararam intake and the solo performance exhasust with j pipes too and its just sick. I love the added power and and sound and ive past 600 miles on them and it seems to keep getting better and better.
Best combo! The SOLOs just sound better and better, til this day, it has been the best mod I have ever bought and it will never change
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 03-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
acceleration is a blast, worth every cent

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
larryt1026

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT
what warranty fixes? the quite the list part troubles me...
larryt1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
ewynn9

Drives: IOM 1LT/RS
I can't wait to get my Vararam installed. Still wait for it to arrive. Hope to get the isolator in the next couple of months.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #8
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryt1026 View Post
what warranty fixes? the quite the list part troubles me...
Wednesday she goes to the dealer for the third time for heated seats
Speakers are blown and my bass is never more then two
New buzzing sound coming from what I think is the heater core
My rpm gauge was malfunctioning in November. Waiting for it to reproduce itself and that's about it for now. She's had the loose pressure plate problem fixed before. There's more. Just can't remember them
Old 03-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #9
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
the TB makes a difference you will love it.
i want that isolator but later on once i get some more exterior mods done.
i think the only thing i have left will be the catch can and then all performance will be put last.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #10
Adrenaline12

Drives: Synergy Green 2SS
its post like this about the Vararam intake that still have me waiting for the 2012 version to come out...Has any one heard any thing I was told back in January that they'd have it out by now
Adrenaline12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #11
ffnva40

Drives: Silver 2012 Camaro LS w black rims
OK, fellas. i need some help.. I just found out the vararam doesnt fit the 2012 model so they suggested Roto-Fab. What do you guys think? I already have the Solo-Cat back. Also what is this "TB" you guys are talking about? Sorry , I'm kind of a newbie to the mod world.. but I'm getting addicted already!! Thanks for your help
ffnva40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #12
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
TB means throtle body. It's attached between your intake tube and your intake manifold.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #13
gjarzabek009

Drives: 1LT
you didnt need to take off your mods. speakers and ac/heating are covered under your bumper to bumper warranty not powertrain.
-VMAX Ported TB
-Maces 25mm Insulator
-Ported Intake manifolds (soon)
gjarzabek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:03 AM   #14
TJ91

Yeah but our dealers around here are d***s and have voided warranties for intakes so didn't want to take the chance.
As for those who are on the fence, I'm a skeptical guy by nature but the VR truly makes a difference. Just be sure to give the car learning time
For you LFX guys, I'm not sure how Vararam wil get aroud that damn radiator cap. Hopefully they find something for you guys. Try emailing them to get some updates and to show them your interest. Hope you guys can get a VR for the LFX. Think that combo will be great