Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 08-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #71
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Sometimes I question Jay's "true car guy" cred. Lots of huh? moments.

Still huge congrats to GM and even 23 mpg, wow!
Old 08-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #72
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
Man, that thing looks real nice on the street.
Thought the same thing and meant to write it but forgot to. An aggressive stance for sure. There is nothing poseur looking about it as opposed to other wannabe "track cars" on the road. Going to be intimidating on the track for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK454 View Post
It will be interesting to see how demand and sales play out... at 60 to 70k, there are a lot of other interesting and tempting track toys out there: C7 Z51, used C6 Z06s and Grand Sports, Cayman S, 911s, M cars, Lotuses, SRT10s, and more.

It will also be interesting to see what the ratio of garage-queen-still-in-the-factory-plastic Z/28s to tracked Z/28s ends up at.
Yeah, it is always sad to me to hear of the bubble-wrappers getting their unappreciative hands on cool cars and packing them away for the sake of speculation. Pathetic really. As a car guy, I want to use the product as the creators intended. The whole never been rained on, never touched by human hands or looked at with an angry glance car ads just nauseate me. Here's a big FU to any of you jackwads reading this.
Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #73
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
Thought the same thing and meant to write it but forgot to. An aggressive stance for sure. There is nothing poseur looking about it as opposed to other wannabe "track cars" on the road. Going to be intimidating on the track for sure.

Yeah, it is always sad to me to hear of the bubble-wrappers getting their unappreciative hands on cool cars and packing them away for the sake of speculation. Pathetic really. As a car guy, I want to use the product as the creators intended. The whole never been rained on, never touched by human hands or looked at with an angry glance car ads just nauseate me. Here's a big FU to any of you jackwads reading this.
U mad bro?
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #74
Zfatuated

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
U mad bro?
Only directed towards the bubble-wrappers reading the thread.

Cars are for driving...

Old 08-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #75
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:

If it's an unlimited build, who cares? I think despite Jay's comment there will be as many as wanted.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #76
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Only directed towards the bubble-wrappers reading the thread.

Cars are for driving...

FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #77
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
LoL ....... WoW, more then a ZL1 and North of $56,500 ........ Maybe folks are correct, this car looks like it will be a $70,000 Camaro the more we hear about it, insane but cool ...

By the way, let's be honest ...... who will really be racing this car on a consistent basis, like the car was originally designed for ??? I'm not talking about 1 or 2 races a year or even 3 events .... And is the car under warranty when raced or if something malfunctions ?
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #78
HeritageLS

Drives: 2012 1LS Camaro (Victory Red)
Jay Leno reviews 2014 Z/28 Camaro - August 12 [video]

This car is perfection

If only the lower models could rid themselves of that ugly chrome strip like the Z28 was able to sneak past without. Great job GM
HeritageLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #79
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeritageLS View Post
This car is perfection

If only the lower models could rid themselves of that ugly chrome strip like the Z28 was able to sneak past without. Great job GM
Yes!
What chrome? The eyebrow that's part of the RS package?
Old 08-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #80
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:

That is OK, they probably think you are nuts for driving the damn thing.
Laissez-faire
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #81
Zfatuated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
If it's an unlimited build, who cares? I think despite Jay's comment there will be as many as wanted.
Of course I hope you are right but the quote from the Jay/Al video is

Jay: "The cool thing is they're only going to build about, what, 1500 of this a year?"

Al: "That's right, yup..."

Some of you guys know way better than I do, from past GM/Chevy experience, if Al is prone to being agreeable in these interview situations or if he would have said something to the effect of "No, we plan to build as many as the market has appetite for". What is his past track record of sticking to interview claims?

If their conversation is to be taken at face value, Chevy decided to do a limited edition after all. Or it's constrained by capacity to hand build the engines. Or both. Hey, it's all just mental masturbation. I've got no opinion which way it will go and will just wait, with my March dated, signed, MSRP buyers order and see what shakes out.

We'll know soon enough, in TWO WEEKS! Right?

Sorry, couldn' t resist...
Old 08-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #82
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post
I just wish an LS7 was part of that list.

you can buy any engine from Chevy, the even give you warranty, so you can buy the LS7 or even LSA, LS6 if your wallet is enough big :P
Old 08-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #83
Zfatuated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
That is OK, they probably think you are nuts for driving the damn thing.
Laissez-faire
You are right of course. And I'll pay for it when I eventually do sell, "He tracked it! Waaaa! It's ruined! Waaaa! Gimme a 75% discount because you tracked it!". I'm so over that crowd...haha.

No one asks the question: what's the value of a frequent Z/28 induced dopamine and endorphin high? Priceless, I'd contend. Certainly far more than than whatever the bubble wrappers will ever make in "profit", when corrected for inflation. Seems that minor issue is always conveniently overlooked. If you are honest with yourself, cars aren't investments no matter what anyone will try to tell you. Or what you tell your wife...

PS- I take some solace in seeing a new BOSS 302/S (that's the Ford parts dept sold race car, for those who don't know) went for less than MSRP at the Reno Barrett-Jackson. Sold for $75k as I recall, new ones sold for $85/$89k depending on 3-way shocks or not. So maybe the bubble wrappers have less interest in specialty track cars and don't muck up the market for new Z/28's. It's not a direct comparison for the Z/28 so not sure how applicable my assumption might be.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #84
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
I like how they quickly moved past the tail lights on the walkaround.....lol! All in all its a nice looking ride. I would buy it and DRIVE IT LIKE I STOLE IT!!!!!!