Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #533
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchKargo View Post
This has got to be one of the most ridiculous waiting games I've ever seen.

14 pages and 532 posts later.

The majority of us want an "SS" emblem we can put on our stock grill not the Heritage!

We have heard for months it is coming! LOL!

The sad thing is we have no options to turn too.

So we will just have to sit back and wait and be held hostage, but I have to say if approval has been made then the approved vendor has really dropped the ball for those of us wanting a stock grill emblem.

Otherwise if I'm totally wrong and I can get one for my STOCK GRILL immediately, please let me know, I will buy one asap and shut my pie hole.

Clutch

aka: "Mr Pessimism"
You cannot get it anywhere. If it were approved I guarantee Terry and Sparks would have this available. This GM approval process for this item is out of control. It's not that big of a deal GM, why the hell are you making this so difficult to get to market?????????????

Having said that. I can't wait to get mine.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #534
ClutchKargo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
You cannot get it anywhere. If it were approved I guarantee Terry and Sparks would have this available. This GM approval process for this item is out of control. It's not that big of a deal GM, why the hell are you making this so difficult to get to market?????????????

Having said that. I can't wait to get mine.
So you are verifying that it has not been approved by GM yet for production??
Solo Mach XL CatBack w/ J Pipe - Texas Speed LT Headers - 3M Nano-Carbon Polyester Tint 20% - 3M Crystalline 90% Tint on Windshield - Azentek Smart Mirror w/Back up Camera - CAI Intake - ADM Scoop - APEX Washer Tank Kit - PowderPro Ported & Polished TB
ClutchKargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #535
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Quote:

It's not that big of a deal GM, why the hell are you making this so difficult to get to market?????????????

+1x10^6
Old 03-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #536
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Based on Starman's post(about 15 to 20 posts back), an email from Terry that said. "I know everyone is tired of waiting, but we must play by GM's rules" Yes, I would say this is GM that is causing the delay.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #537
Rich1

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Camaro Hot Red
Rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #538
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Based on Starman's post(about 15 to 20 posts back), an email from Terry that said. "I know everyone is tired of waiting, but we must play by GM's rules" Yes, I would say this is GM that is causing the delay.
damnit, let us of have the 5th gen style center SS emblems now GM.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #539
ClutchKargo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
damnit, let us of have the 5th gen style center SS emblems now GM.
I second the motion.

All in favor "Say Aye!"

Solo Mach XL CatBack w/ J Pipe - Texas Speed LT Headers - 3M Nano-Carbon Polyester Tint 20% - 3M Crystalline 90% Tint on Windshield - Azentek Smart Mirror w/Back up Camera - CAI Intake - ADM Scoop - APEX Washer Tank Kit - PowderPro Ported & Polished TB
Old 03-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #540
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

AYE
Old 03-14-2011, 07:01 PM   #541
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
AYE... but I just gave up and bought a heritage grille. lol

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #542
ClutchKargo

Keep the "Aye's" coming!!!

GM are you hearing/Seeing this we have some momentum started here.

Let Our Voices Be Heard!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #543
tsparksred

Drives: 2010 Camaro
We've seen that you all have noticed the larger Heritage Grille Emblem. Thank you to those who have ordered.

For those anxiously awaiting a stock grille emblem, we're going to be sending in our final production version to GM at the end of next week. It then goes to review which can take up to 14 business days. If all goes well...we should be able to start taking orders at that time. So far, they've approved everything we've submitted to them without alteration but obviously there are no guarantees.
The stock grille emblem size (actual SS dimensions) will be the same as the Heritage Grille which is 6.4" long x 1.25" tall.
We hope to have the approved part by CamaroFest but either way we'll have an example available to show you.

We look forward to seeing you in Arizona!
tsparksred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #544
starman

Drives: 2010 SS - LS3 - CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsparksred View Post
We've seen that you all have noticed the larger Heritage Grille Emblem. Thank you to those who have ordered.

For those anxiously awaiting a stock grille emblem, we're going to be sending in our final production version to GM at the end of next week. It then goes to review which can take up to 14 business days. If all goes well...we should be able to start taking orders at that time. So far, they've approved everything we've submitted to them without alteration but obviously there are no guarantees.
The stock grille emblem size (actual SS dimensions) will be the same as the Heritage Grille which is 6.4" long x 1.25" tall.
We hope to have the approved part by CamaroFest but either way we'll have an example available to show you.

Great Scott! It's happening!

Injen Long-tube CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, Eagle Eye Headlights w/HIDs,
Sparks SS emblems, Unrestricted Motorsports Gen1 Spoiler, Vossen CV3 Wheels, Nitto Invos (275/40-20)x4

starman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #545
ClutchKargo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsparksred View Post

Terry,

Sounds great!!

Will your stock "SS" emblem pop right in the stock grill with no modification?

Thank you for getting back to us.

I look forward to your next communication from GM after you submit your final production version, please keep us informed.

We would also love to see pictures as well as soon as you are able to show them to us.

Thanks,
Clutch
Old 03-14-2011, 11:11 PM   #546
tsparksred

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchKargo View Post
Terry,

Sounds great!!

Will your stock "SS" emblem pop right in the stock grill with no modification?

Thank you for getting back to us.

I look forward to your next communication from GM after you submit your final production version, please keep us informed.

We would also love to see pictures as well as soon as you are able to show them to us.

Thanks,
Clutch
No modifications necessary. Will bolt on from the backside.

We'll post pictures just as soon as we can.
tsparksred is offline   Reply With Quote