Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #71
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
If they reduce the weight (on the zeta2 platform) ~4-500lbs then you would complain about the price. That kind of reduction don't come cheap.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:00 PM   #72
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
+3

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:14 PM   #73
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
If they reduce the weight (on the zeta2 platform) ~4-500lbs then you would complain about the price. That kind of reduction don't come cheap.
Hardly, yes performance comes at a price and a 50k to 60k is standard for a car of this nature. It would still be under the 75k the ZO6 is at currently. That's what I would expect to see, so complain no I don't think so.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #74
KSCamaro

Drives: Still Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
Same old same old....
The history of the Z28 alone, holds a special place for a lot of enthusiasts. When the 2010s came out, I wanted a Z28 over an SS for nostalgic reasons and nothing else. At the time, I didn't care how much the Z28 would have had for power compared to the SS. When the car was introduced however, and we learned that the wouldn't be a Z28 for 2010, I grabbed an SS, knowing that the 2010 is and would be a special car to own in years to come.

Some need to own the biggest, meanest, fastest beast on the streets. Others long to get back a piece of history. Some are lucky enough to get both.
There's always a faster car out there...
KSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #75
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
As far as weight goes, Zeta is heavy, period. However, Alpha is only a few years off...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #76
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
For me I was not waiting for a Z28 or ZL1. I want my lego SS now and were I can build it my way. Waited over 1 year for the dove tail, thank you GM for finally releasing it, now another year for the Extractor hood. Yeah I know they say it will not fit an ordinary SS but we will see what it takes to adapt it. Aftermarket guys HINT HINT if you can get one that looks the same sooner.

On the Z28 would be nice if they did a LS7 version. However, isn't the SSX that debuted close to what a Z28 may be?
Old 02-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #77
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCamaro View Post
There's always a faster car out there...
so we should just settle for the slowest car? If we all thought that way, Kia would not be able to keep cars on the lot.

Some of us just like to stay with the lead pack or at least not get left too far behind.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #78
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
so we should just settle for the slowest car? If we all thought that way, Kia would not be able to keep cars on the lot.

Some of us just like to stay with the lead pack or at least not get left too far behind.
Well put.

A kia with a blower that would be like some of the RAT FINK pictures of the past...mind drift oops
Old 02-24-2011, 07:10 AM   #79
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
No source, it's a gut feeling I'm getting from all the postings I'm seeing up here.

I don't even know what that means. All I'm saying is the pecking order will be:

ZL1
Z28
SS
LS and LT

Of course I could be wrong, but only if GM take a serious financial turn downwards. They keep healthy, it will happen.
I can understand the actual set up: LT, SS , ZL1. I can see what kinda customer is targeted by these 3 cars.

But a Z28 between a SS and a ZL1 ... who would be the target? People wanting big power but not that much?
I can understand LT: I want the car but don't need a strong engine
I can understand SS: I want the car and a good engine for a reasonnable price
I can understand ZL1: I want the strongest engine around

But a Z28 between the 2? Would it sell? Who would buy?

Last edited by Punk_rider; 02-24-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Punk_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #80
CRChevy
MARO MAN

Drives: Orange 2010 Camaro 2RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
I can understand the actual set up: LT, SS , ZL1. I can see what kinda customer is targeted by these 3 cars.

But a Z28 between a SS and a ZL1 ... who would be the target? People wanting big power but that much?

But a Z28 between the 2? wiould it sell? Who would buy?
AMEN ,

Chevy is goinna hype up the zl1 and want to sell it ... Mustangs have always had a bunch of trims but Chevy isn't goinna hypt the ZL1 and then offer something like 5k less with a different engine it just doesn't make sense.

That's like the Challenger adding another v8 it doesn't make any sense the Z28 is never coming out and I guess these guys are goina have to keep waiting...
Old 02-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #81
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post

But a Z28 between a SS and a ZL1 ... who would be the target? People wanting big power but not that much?

But a Z28 between the 2? Would it sell? Who would buy?

Me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRChevy View Post
AMEN ,

Chevy is goinna hype up the zl1 and want to sell it ... Mustangs have always had a bunch of trims but Chevy isn't goinna hypt the ZL1 and then offer something like 5k less with a different engine it just doesn't make sense.

That's like the Challenger adding another v8 it doesn't make any sense the Z28 is never coming out and I guess these guys are goina have to keep waiting...
I believe the new Z/28 will be announced in the next 12-18 months.
One thing, please! please! please!!! don't put that ugly ass hood on it.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #82
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post

I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:20 AM   #83
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I, too, hope we see something VERY soon. Since most of the parts are already in place (at least the way I think Z28 should now be), I don't think we're too far from seeing something. HOWEVER - I think we're definately not going to hear anything official until ZL1 has been on the streets for a little bit. What - we didn't see ZL1 for something like 6 months after the ragtop was announced, no? Maybe it was longer than that, lol; I can't remember...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #84
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post
[/B]

Me!!

One thing, please! please! please!!! don't put that ugly ass hood on it.
May I ask why? or what for?

Out of wanting badly a z28 badged amaro, what are gonna do with this car?

I mean, do you really need or want a car that is powerful but not that powerful, light but not that light?

I mean, I feel like a Z28 as described is just something like an el camino: both a coupe and pick up, but actually none of them.

I mean, is there such a gap in perf and usage between ZL1 and SS that we need a Z28?

(the fact I don't understand doesn't mean i'm laughing at your ideas, just willing to understand)