Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 01-21-2011, 03:46 AM   #1
Blacky

Drives: Camaro 2010
Thumbs down Factory Reproductions 22" Replica wheels

Long story but i only would like to tell that I bought wheels from Factory Reproductions and I only can put them into a trashcan.

End of the last year I bouhgt a set of wheels from an Ebay auction from Factory Reproductions. I bought a set of 9x22" and 10x22" wheels and additionally I had to pay a lot of money for shipping to germany, taxes and duty (more than 3000 Euro in total)

Some weeks later – suprise at the wheel shop: They told me that the wheels are new but they are not centered - the wheels are crap.
They balanced them with weights of more than 160g. After a test drive I really got angry. The car is shaking like a whashing machine. The steering wheel is shaking and if I am driving the car like this further damage at the car is highly probable.

After many emails to Factory Reproductions (they said i should use a Hunter balancer - what I have done with no better results) I sent them some videos I have made of the wheels on the balance machine. Since then they do not reply my mails.

My last chance was a „wheel-doc“. They told me that my the wheels are irreparable in an extend that it is impossible due to an shipping accident. It has to be it a result of a manufacturing error.

More then 2000 Euro went down the drain (wheels only)- i have only one good wheel and three are crap.

Thank you Factory Reproductions

here The Vids again, i can show more of this Vids , have more than one from each wheel

Last edited by Blacky; 01-21-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Blacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
trunto
Low Rider

Drives: Black Mamba (2011 2SS/RS)
wtf??

Anyone else bought there? That sounds pretty shitty!
trunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #3
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Man, this makes me so angry when people get treated like this. I'm not sure what recourse you have, but may all the good karma come your way so you can find a resolution. I am really sorry this has happend and hopefully NO ONE will buy their JUNK!
If possible, email them this link to this thread to show them all the bad publicity they are gonna get.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
I've got 20x9 Factory Replica's on all 4 corners and don't have any problems. Of course I bought mine from Discount Tire, so if I did have any problems they would take care of it. Sucks that the EBAY seller won't make it right. Dispute the transaction.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
customkingz.de

Drives: GM / Chrysler / Dodge
Problem is, they don't even think of answering him, cause he is far away in Germany. They got the money and sent him trash.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #6
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Ooooo, that's not good at all....

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:42 AM   #7
Blacky

I think customkingz is right, that's a perfect example of how to rip off a customer abroad, struggling to get his money back due to the distance and different legislations.
Seems to be the perfect way, to make some money on stuff that usually would have found it's way to the junkyard.

Gotta start saving up again, hoping to get some decent wheels next year, best case....

Last edited by Blacky; 01-21-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Blacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #8
Styx

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
That sucks, I was looking forward to get these in chrome.
Styx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #9
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
Here is a suggestion.... may not work or have the ability to, but its worth looking into.

Look for the local news channel that is in the same city as Factory Repros and see if they have a "trouble shooter reporter" or somebody that citizens can file their complaint with and they'll go to the business with camera in hand and put em on the spot explaining the reason why they are there.

Trust me, it works.... We have 2 local news channels and they both have these reporters and they get crap fixed and money refunded quickly. If nothing else, the news channel will put it all over the TV about them being a horrible company to deal with.

Just my .02 Sorry this has happened to you.
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #10
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
complaint thru ebay
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:18 AM   #11
customkingz.de

Drives: GM / Chrysler / Dodge
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
Here is a suggestion.... may not work or have the ability to, but its worth looking into.

Look for the local news channel that is in the same city as Factory Repros and see if they have a "trouble shooter reporter" or somebody that citizens can file their complaint with and they'll go to the business with camera in hand and put em on the spot explaining the reason why they are there.

Trust me, it works.... We have 2 local news channels and they both have these reporters and they get crap fixed and money refunded quickly. If nothing else, the news channel will put it all over the TV about them being a horrible company to deal with.

Nice idea, Blacky should do so.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:48 AM   #12
trunto
Low Rider

Drives: Black Mamba (2011 2SS/RS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post

Great idea mate
trunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #13
Venom83

Drives: Opel Vectra I500
Wohhow what an Bad story, have really think Factory Reproduktions is an fair company, but this it really the hardes thing i have read , i was shokked to see the videos, the wheels are really Crap
hope the Best for you

in germany , so an Campany would direktly closed , because they risk the Life of evere person in the Car

Venom83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:49 AM   #14
Blacky

not only You must be shocked, i was shokked after drifing with these wheels , after drifing 10 minutes you have no feeling in you fingers.

here i have upload an Video from the other rear wheel (left side), not so extrem like the right side but you can see its an radial runout. Have alot of this Vids, and you must think this are the NEW Wheels never mounted on the Car