Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #85
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
obviously you must have read something I didn't. because I read they aren't doing a 600+ hp camaro. . . but I've also read that the plans for the z28 are being harder to come to pass because of cafe. that isn't a no that's just it's pretty much we might have to consider a plan B. or think really hard how we can make up for the negative mpg of the CTS-V, ZR1 and a HiPo camaro. take it how you want. I did get the message there wasn't a 600+hp camaro. so no faith. . .
i didnt he said making it hard not impossible
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #86
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
lutz said no 600 hp camaro. doesn't mean no 550 hp camaro. lol take it how you want.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:38 PM   #87
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
With all do respect, and not just talking to you.

What is the Difference between an ass and a butt?

People keep finding loop holes to the Z28 not being dead.

It's not dead, it just not going to be supercharged.

It's not dead, it just put on hold. In all reality it is dead.

And yet people continue to keep faith! This is the exact reason they

need to build the Z28, where else can you find this passion GM!
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #88
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
I'm having a hard time understanding why GM can't meet the 35MPG Corporate Average. They're already getting rid of all those gas guzzling SUVs that no body wants anymore anyway. Get the Hummer off their corporate average by moving it to a separate company as those things are so pase' anyway, and they should be good to go. Let the high performance vehicles have their time in the sun and drop the dead weight of the SUV. Move to some form of crossover for those who want SUV style but with better fuel economy.
First they need a car with a 35MPG rating...... I even think the Aveo is only rated at 34MPG, then they need several cars with it, and then they need to sell a kabootle of them...Just to be able to keep a camaro alive...
Old 09-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #89
shank0668

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 View Post

wtf no one said it is dead whered you get that?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #90
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:

and i bet you were one of the ones that said the camaro is dead and never coming back. but that last part is very true. and with all due respect you are wrong.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:51 PM   #91
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Quote:
wtf no one said it is dead whered you get that?
I am just saying that if it is dead, people are so passionate about it that they refuse to believe it. That even if all signs including fbodfather, point to a less than likely return of the Z28 for what ever reasons, that we gravitate toward any thing that may leave the door open for a return of it. Example; It not dead it just wont be supercharged, or it going to be hard not impossible!
Old 09-04-2008, 06:53 PM   #92
shank0668

Quote:
I am just saying that if it is dead, people are so passionate about it that they refuse to believe it. That even if all signs including fbodfather, point to a less than likely return of the Z28 for what ever reasons, that we gravitate toward any thing that may leave the door open for a return of it. Example; It not dead it just wont be supercharged, or it going to be hard not impossible!
cts-v???
Old 09-04-2008, 06:55 PM   #93
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Quote:
and i bet you were one of the ones that said the camaro is dead and never coming back. but that last part is very true. and with all due respect you are wrong.
Yes I was one that said it was dead. Not to piss anyone off. I was just saying what the evidence supported, what I have heard from reps and such. Just look above my aviator and other post, I want a Z28 just a as bad as anyone. I am as human as the next guy; Mind says it is dead, heart says other wise.

No one is right or wrong, ther are no facts to back any of us speaking our mind.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:58 PM   #94
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT!!!!!
Fbodfather said it's hard to see it coming with how they planned. That means it's still a very good possibility just not how they planed.

I swear you nay sayers are pissing me off. how many times have I had to put up with the camaro isn't even coming back from my friends and look what's happening now?!?!?!? I sometimes want to reach through the computer and smack some of you because that's exactly what you are trying to do. you are trying to piss people off. and well you're doing one fine good job at it.

I respect that you don't want a z28 and couldn't care less. and to me some of you don't even know or much less care what it stands for to some of us. but (I'm doing everything in my power not to swear up and down here) there has been no official word as to the Z28 NOT coming back. Right now it's a program that's under review. I have been reassured that the people at GM do not want to see the Z28 gone. That means they are going to do whatever it takes to get us a damn Z28. And one that will sell and compete with the competition. so quit telling me how things are. or I'm going to tell you where to stick it.

RANT OFF
Old 09-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #95
shank0668

Quote:
Fbodfather said it's hard to see it coming with how they planned. That means it's still a very good possibility just not how they planed.

I swear you nay sayers are pissing me off. how many times have I had to put up with the camaro isn't even coming back from my friends and look what's happening now?!?!?!? I sometimes want to reach through the computer and smack some of you because that's exactly what you are trying to do. you are trying to piss people off. and well you're doing one fine good job at it.

I respect that you don't want a z28 and couldn't care less. and to me some of you don't even know or much less care what it stands for to some of us. but (I'm doing everything in my power not to swear up and down here) there has been no official word as to the Z28 NOT coming back. Right now it's a program that's under review. I have been reassured that the people at GM do not want to see the Z28 gone. That means they are going to do whatever it takes to get us a damn Z28. And one that will sell and compete with the competition. so quit telling me how things are. or I'm going to tell you where to stick it.

RANT OFF
i agree!!! besides gm will pull something out the sleeve!!!! and i am 99 % sure itl be faster than a gt500. they will do it I am keeping my faith
Old 09-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #96
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Quote:

RANT OFF
I do want it, and I want it bad. I think you are missing my point. I was speaking of the passion, how people see through the negative, for the good.
But, i think your a little blinded by anger.

An any regards I can SEE YOUR PASSION!!
Old 09-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #97
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
, i think your a little blinded by anger.
Quite possibly. I've been putting up with so much BS lately and to come on here to a site I enjoy and frequent and have so many people say it's dead and have to defend the official line. over and over and over and over and then told that I'm a girly man (another thread) because I actually care about the Z28. you think I'm a little upset? quite possibly.

any ways. . .back on topic.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #98
shank0668

Quote:
Quite possibly. I've been putting up with so much BS lately and to come on here to a site I enjoy and frequent and have so many people say it's dead and have to defend the official line. over and over and over and over and then told that I'm a girly man (another thread) because I actually care about the Z28. you think I'm a little upset? quite possibly.
that post pissed me off. its bs!! maybe their plan was the zr1 engine in the maro and now they are gonna downgrade to a cts v type engine with a lil better supercharger.