Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in putting money down on the new Cruze hatchback?
Here's my cash, where do I preorder? 11 37.93%
Need to see one in person first. 4 13.79%
Maybe... 5 17.24%
No, no, and no. 8 27.59%
Just not my style 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Lightbulb POLL: Would YOU throw down cash for the new Cruze Hatchback?

Would like to see the general level of interest on the boards for this car, details shamelessly copied from Fen's original post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
New Hatchback is next chapter in Cruze success story
Link to Press Release

September 3, 2010

* Cruze hatchback show car to be unveiled at Paris Motor Show

* Hatchback showcar designed and built by Holden in Australia

* New model to build on Cruze’s global appeal

Holden’s design talents will be showcased to the world next month when a five-door Cruze hatchback showcar is unveiled at the Paris Motor Show.

Chevrolet Europe has released the first images of the highly anticipated global model which was designed and built by Holden’s Port Melbourne design studio.

The showcar with its sweeping coupe roofline and short overhangs is a precursor to a production model, also designed by Holden that will be built in several countries, including Australia where it will start product in late 2011.

Holden Chief Designer Richard Ferlazzo said the project had been a significant undertaking for the studio which had spent more than 12 months working with GM designers from around the world developing the hatch variant.

"Our brief was to create an alternative body style to the traditional sedan that retained the same dynamic proportions that has made Cruze such a success around the world,” Mr Ferlazzo said.

“We are very proud of the result which will be tailored further for the Australian market and given an appearance consistent with the rest of the Holden portfolio next year.”

The Holden Design Studio is an important part of General Motors global design network, as one of only three facilities in the world with the capability to design and build prototype concept vehicles for exhibitions and international auto shows.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
I test drove a cruze (not a hatchback) at a car and driver / road and track event. Upscale and on par with Honda. The price point is high. Imagine taking an upscale mid sized sedan and shrinking it to size of an entry level 4door economy class and you got the cruze.

My money would go toward the mid sized sedan. More room, more fun and likely higher resale value. Its a very good effort by gm though and should see huge success outside of the states.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #3
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
That is an awesome little scooter car. If i need a DD, this would be it!
Old 09-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
I think something polls like this ought to take into consideration is the reality that this segment appears likely to explode with good product over the next few years. Other brands bringing their A game include Hyundai, Honda, and Ford all of whom have new C segment product waiting in the wings. I think we'll see companies lose sales to rival makes not because the competition is bad or even mediocre, but because the car they choose is their preferred choice out of several very compelling offerings.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:29 PM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Very interesting results, given that a website full of Camaro enthusiasts is probably one of the least supportive groups for a compact hatch.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #6
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
It would have some stiff competition...
Old 09-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #7
diddiyo

Drives: .
mhhh this or my speed3? i'll keep my speed thanks.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote