Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-15-2010, 08:21 PM   #99
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernal View Post
I am also having trouble understanding the positive displacement blower craze on the 6.2 myself. My question is why aren't they selling a centrifugal blower instead? The car already has a ton of torque, and traction off the line has been a constant problem for me. A centrifugal seems to make more sense to me, and centrifugal blowers are usually cheaper as well. If I need some more ability to uselessly spin the tires from a standing start I could always add gears. Can anyone explain why the market seems to be making my logic faulty?
By ''they,'' do you mean GMPP? Just wondering, because there are Vortech and Procharger kits that have been on the market for quite a while already. Personally I prefer positive-displacement SCs because they deliver better all-around (useable) power, as opposed to peaky power like the centrifugal units. Now if I could just afford any of these, I could actually choose! LOL. I'm pretty happy now w/ the basic bolt-ons, esp. now w/ the 4.10 gears; that made up for the low-rpm torque I thought was missing.... Anyway, back to the thread topic...
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #100
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Of course.
I would have thought that was obvious.
.....AND
Boost!
dont forget the LS9 put out more boost (I forgot how much, but probibly 3-4 psi?)

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #101
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Gmhightechperformance needs to aquire a unit from each Maggy, Edlebrock, Kenny Bell, Whipple, and this new GM LS9, and send them all to Ted Jannetty for back to back testing at 6,8,10,12,14 psi (using appropriate pulleys) on a stock LS3!
Let the games begin!
Maybe even throw in a mildly modified motor.

Does everone agree?

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #102
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD View Post
Gmhightechperformance needs to aquire a unit from each Maggy, Edlebrock, Kenny Bell, Whipple, and this new GM LS9, and send them all to Ted Jannetty for back to back testing at 6,8,10,12,14 psi (using appropriate pulleys) on a stock LS3!
Let the games begin!

Does everone agree?

I AGREE....
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #103
cdigiovanni

Drives: 2010 SS2, 03 vette supercharged,
warrenty? thus its a GMPP?
cdigiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #104
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Are the stock LS3 internals sufficient for this blower? I know the suspension is gonna need beefing up at some point, but what about the engine. Just bolt up and go?
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #105
youngoliver

Drives: 2SS/RS SIM -- Lifted 99' GMC
awesome im loving the look... in the future when i get mine superchargd i think i'll be looking at this one first
Old 07-15-2010, 09:27 PM   #106
besherman

Drives: 2008 GMC Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Differences between LSA and LS9

LSA
  • 6200 RPM redline
  • Nodular iron main bearing caps
  • Forged powder metal connecting rods
  • 1.9L/revoultion Supercharger
  • Single water to air intercooler

LS9
  • 6600 RPM redline
  • Forged steel main bearing caps
  • Forged titanium connecting rods
  • 2.3L/revolution Supercharger
  • Dual water to air intercooler
Thanks!

So am I correct in understanding that an LS3 modified with this new GMMP kit would NOT be the same as an LS9--since it would lack all of the LS9 internals (forged steel main bearing caps, forged titanium connecting rods, etc)?

If so, how durable would this engine be? I assume that the improved internals of the LS9 were put there for a reason.

Finally, I noticed that Lingenfelter offers a kit to upgrade the LSA to 630HP. It is currently offered for the CTS-V but I would guess that they would also offer it for the LSA Z28.

Bruce
besherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:39 PM   #107
PsshPlzz
I'm so JDM I have SARS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to PsshPlzz
i will be all over thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssss
Old 07-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #108
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I didn't read the whole thread, but is this similar to an aftermarket supercharger? What else would you need to make this work on an LS3. I do not know technical stuff when it comes to under the hood mods. lol

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #109
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyforall1776 View Post
CA and their CARB nonsense can go blow it out their...
Unfortunately the "Clean Air Act" is a Federal Law. The CARB EO program is the only way for the aftermarket to certify parts, Without it all non-replacement aftermarket parts (i.e. performance) would be illegal for street use or even manufacture in many cases.

SEMA PICTURES-PARTS & CARS
http://www.pbase.com/haveblue/sema_2009
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:04 PM   #110
HaveBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by besherman View Post
Thanks!

So am I correct in understanding that an LS3 modified with this new GMMP kit would NOT be the same as an LS9--since it would lack all of the LS9 internals (forged steel main bearing caps, forged titanium connecting rods, etc)?

Correct

If so, how durable would this engine be? I assume that the improved internals of the LS9 were put there for a reason.

Obviously not as durable. YMMV, but no 100,000 mile durability

Finally, I noticed that Lingenfelter offers a kit to upgrade the LSA to 630HP. It is currently offered for the CTS-V but I would guess that they would also offer it for the LSA Z28.

The rumored LSA Z28 Camaro doesn't exist yet, so that would be hard for them to say.

Bruce
HB

Old 07-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #111
Blackfly

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS/ 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD View Post
Let the games begin!

Does everone agree?
+1
Anyone offer financing?!!!

I posted in another thread GM is working on offering upgrades that will still keep the warranty valid ( so I heard) this could be the ice breaker!

================
2002 Black/Black SS- Finally! 350RWHP!
2011 IOM Camaro 2SS
Automotive Blog- Cars, Fast cars and Faster Cars!
Blackfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:44 PM   #112
HaveBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
I didn't read the whole thread, but is this similar to an aftermarket supercharger? What else would you need to make this work on an LS3. I do not know technical stuff when it comes to under the hood mods. lol
As an example using this EForce Camaro kit pic, you would only be getting the part marked red. The head unit. All the other stuff you'd need to figure out on your own.