Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #15
lock

Drives: 11 2SS/RS E-Force Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoates View Post
Supercharger Maggie vs E-Force

Looking for some opinions from those who have em, installed them etc.
I will be supercharging my LS3 early next year.

I'm trying to get all the info i can before pulling the trigger.

Installed my own e-force at home. pretty straight forward install and if you are comfy with spinning a wrench then go for it. No regrets on my decision. cant speak for the other brands but Im sure they are comparable. The 5th gen is SO easy to work on. So much room in the engine bay,. I love it!

The e-force gives you a stock look which I liked. The Maggie gives you an in your face, I have an SC look. The choice is yours.

Last edited by lock; 08-24-2010 at 07:20 AM.
lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:32 PM   #16
paul2010

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1278
I believe that Graham at Lingenfelter has the answers already from testing the TVS 2300, TVS 1900, E-Force and the LS9 Supercharger. He could tell you anything you want to know about them.
2012 ZL1 #1278

2010 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
2011 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
paul2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:07 PM   #17
GTRDIABLO

Drives: Black with silver stripes and 22s
If you install the E-force yourself there is no warranty. Also it is pretty much the only thing you can have on the car. You might wanna read the warranty. As for myself I'm going with the maggie. Probably tomorrow if I can find time to order it.
GTRDIABLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:25 AM   #18
tony1

Drives: 2SS/RS Vortech/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2010 View Post
I believe that Graham at Lingenfelter has the answers already from testing the TVS 2300, TVS 1900, E-Force and the LS9 Supercharger. He could tell you anything you want to know about them.
Lingenfelter 702 RWHP 674 RWTQ 10.30 1/4
LPE LS7 427 Stage III LS9 CNC Ported Heads
LPE GT-9 Cam - S&D Billet 102mm Throttle Body
Polished TVS 2300 - ACS SS9 Hood - LPE Catch Can
LPE 10/14 Rib System - LPE Coil Covers
RPM A6 Transmission - LPE 3.70 Rearend
Custom Coan 265mm Billet 3200 Torque Converter
Heavy Duty Half Shafts - Oversized Brembo Brakes & Rotors
ARH LT Headers - MBRP Stainless 3" Cat Back
Forgeline ZX3P Wheels - Nitto NTO5 R
Hotchkis Track Pack Suspension - Pedders Xa's
LPE Twin fuel pump conversion kit - ACS T3 Front Facia
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!!

That's one hell of a Mod list you have.....

Last edited by tony1; 08-24-2010 at 12:49 PM.
tony1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #19
toast
Toast

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Maggie

I love my Magna Charger. It was fun and easy to install, the installation manual is well written with great photos. Along with a cam, a tune and some other goodies from ADM Performance, my 2010 Camaro is a screamer. Andy and Pat are the best.

Whether you decide on Magnuson, Kenne Bell or Edelbrock you will not regret adding a Super Charger to your car.

I can tell you from personal experience that Magnuson's customer service and support is above and beyond ... they are incredibly responsive. For me it made a huge difference.
Pfadt Engine Mounts and Diff Bushings
- 3.73 Gears - Line Lock - MGW Short Throw Shifter
ARH Headers with 3" catted X-Pipe - MagnaFlow 3" CatBack - RPM Level VI Transmission
Street Slayer Triple Clutch - NGK TR6 Spark Plugs - 160 degree thermostat - ADM Coil System
ADM Performance Custom Tune

toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #20
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
Whether you decide on Magnuson, Kenne Bell or Edelbrock you will not regret adding a Super Charger to your car.

I can tell you from personal experience that Magnuson's customer service and support is above and beyond ... they are incredibly responsive. For me it made a huge difference.
+1

I have to say that the customer service aspect of the Maggie is a huge draw for me. I love the look of the KB and the extra power potential, but the Maggie is leading the pack for my business as of right now.

As for the Eforce, I'm not a fan of the look. Plus the fuel issue is a deterant for me as well.

I wouldn't get too attached to the "warranty" aspect of any supercharger. Most don't cover full replacement cost of anything and are very very specific as to when they will cover anything. I'd save the money for when you break something and not put my money towards the worthless piece of paper that the words Warranty are printed on.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:48 PM   #21
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRDIABLO View Post
If you install the E-force yourself there is no warranty. Also it is pretty much the only thing you can have on the car. You might wanna read the warranty. As for myself I'm going with the maggie. Probably tomorrow if I can find time to order it.
Don't confuse the normal product warranty with the supplemental warranty. The only warranty effected by a DIY install is the supplemental powertrain warranty which is thru an insurance carrier. Edelbrock's manufacturers warranty on the kit is not effected by a DIY.
Magnusson's Powertrain warranty is the same. They just don't openly post it on their website like Edelbrock does (at least I couldn't find it).

SEMA PICTURES-PARTS & CARS
http://www.pbase.com/haveblue/sema_2009
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #22
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
i like the e force low end tq and hp at 5000 rpm for daily driving sounds like the best set up for people staying around 8 lbs, however I haven't seen the e force push any thing higher than 600whp.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:24 PM   #23
tony1

Drives: 2SS/RS Vortech/L99
How about a Vortech .. 7.5lbs Headers 631whp??

tony1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:55 AM   #24
dcoates

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS
any more?
Old 01-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #25
Camaro_Custom_Painted
Choke on that causality!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lock View Post
Installed my own e-force at home. pretty straight forward install and if you are comfy with spinning a wrench then go for it. No regrets on my decision. cant speak for the other brands but Im sure they are comparable. The 5th gen is SO easy to work on. So much room in the engine bay,. I love it!

The e-force gives you a stock look which I liked. The Maggie gives you an in your face, I have an SC look. The choice is yours.
Did my E-Force myself too, and I'm not much of a mechanic.
Edelbrock EForce - Stainless Works Headers - BMR Sways & Arms & Toe Links & Control Arm Bushings & End Links - Rotofab CAI - Assorted Interior, Exterior, Underhood Bling - Red Jewel Stripes & Full Body Clear - Lexani LX15 Wheels - JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade - Kenne Bell BAP - Heartthrob XPipe - Elite Catch Can - Pedders Cradle & Front Arm Bushings - Hotchkis Strut Brace - MSD Wires - Carbotech Brakes - DSS 1000HP Axles & Driveshaft - Mickey Thompson Tires - Halo Harness - AutoMeter A/F, Boost, Fuel Pressure Gauges - Whats Next?
Camaro_Custom_Painted is offline   Reply With Quote