Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-21-2010, 10:45 AM   #15
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdragon View Post
Actually looking at the install guide from Edelbrock makes it seem pretty easy to install. I never have installed a supercharger before, or done anything deep into the motor but I am technical and they are pretty detailed in their directions. It seems like something I could do own my own and save my self $1,500 or so on the labor to install it.
keep in mind if you install you don't get the warranty
Old 07-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #16
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Yeah, read the complete warranty form (pdf file on their website) if that is what you are attracted to. Must be stock engine, install by GM dealer or authorized shop, no mods to the pulley, etc and only their supplied tune.

If the warranty is not that important, it is supposed to be relatively easy to install. Hot Rod Magazine has an install article in the Sept. issue touting how complete the kit is.

Here is the dyno sheet for my install. Gained from 110 to 130 rwhp depending on what rpm you look at. Torque is awesome. I can easily gain 50 + more rwhp by changing pulley, adding headers, CAI and custom tune. The Edelbrock tune is very conservative, low A/F, etc.

Car drives completely like stock, without any whine. Only know it's there when the rpms go over 2,000, then the afterburners kick on.

I'm going to leave it stock for the rest of the season. Next year I'll do the rest of the mods and see how much more it'll add. Maybe some suspension work in the meantime.

There's lots of install threads on here if you do a search. Some have rwhp numbers well into the 500's, but nothing close to what a TT will get you. Keep reading up on your options, the Edelbrock and the TT's are pretty much at the complete opposites of the spectrum of boosters.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Scan_Doc0001.pdf (830.7 KB, 116 views)
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #17
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Hm...did not see that about the warranty.

But I will do some more reading about it Seems like for the most part either way is about the same, give or take a grand or two.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #18
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Well, when your ready to pull the trigger on your purchase, try Tim at http://www.tandtperformance.com/
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:44 PM   #19
LS3*LLY

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
So if u put headers with high flow cats on with the e force can it be tune to where u don't throw CEL? Or will that void the warranty
LS3*LLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #20
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3*LLY View Post
So if u put headers with high flow cats on with the e force can it be tune to where u don't throw CEL? Or will that void the warranty
It's insurance plain and simple. They make money by taking premiums and not paying claims. What do you think?

I've seen warranty denied on a diesel engine due to ph in the coolant not being right. What did coolant ph have to do with a bad rod bearing? NOTHING. Fact is that they have your money and won't give it back to you without a fight. They have lawyers on staff already paid for. Go ahead and try to pry a few bucks out of an insurance company. Good luck...
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #21
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3*LLY View Post
First, it doesn't come with a warranty, you have to purchase it. If you add headers and tune, the purchased warranty is no good. Motorhead is right, these type warrantees are only about making money, just like the ones they sell you for your tv or computer. They know exactly how long those things last and will make money.
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #22
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
First, it doesn't come with a warranty, you have to purchase it. If you add headers and tune, the purchased warranty is no good. Motorhead is right, these type warrantees are only about making money, just like the ones they sell you for your tv or computer. They know exactly how long those things last and will make money.
The E-Force does come with a warranty. It's covered under the General Warranty just like Magnuson is covered by their Limited Warranty.. I confirmed this with Edelbrock. Both Edelbrock & Magnuson offer Supplemental Warranties thru an insurance carrier for a fee. Edelbrock posts theirs, I can't find where Magnuson does.

[QUOTEGeneral Warranty
It is the constant endeavor of the Edelbrock, LLC to give our customers the highest quality products obtainable. Edelbrock warrants each new product, except Edelbrock Crate Engines, Performer Series Carburetors, Race Division Parts, Stainless Steel Tubular Exhaust Systems and Edelbrock IAS Shock Absorbers which are warranted separately, to be free from defects in both workmanship and material for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase, provided that the product is properly installed, subjected to normal use and service and that the product is not modified or changed in any way, nor damaged because of negligence by customer or installer or used for racing or competition purposes. Our warranty service and repair facility is located at 2700 California Street, Torrance, California 90503. Customers who believe they have a defective product should either return it to the dealer from which it was purchased or ship it directly to Edelbrock, LLC along with proof of purchase and a complete description of the problem. The product must be returned freight prepaid. If a thorough inspection of the product by the factory indicates defects in workmanship or material, our sole obligation shall be to repair or replace the product. Warranty covers only the product itself and not the cost of installation or removal.
][/QUOTE]

SEMA PICTURES-PARTS & CARS
http://www.pbase.com/haveblue/sema_2009
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote