Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #15
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
It's not an issue of fading at different rates, but more of an issue of WHY are the seats of a garage kept car with tinted windows fading at all this soon.
Alarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #16
bigted83
They call me captain slow

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
Ok sorry to jack this thread, but my orange leather seats are cracking and the finish or color is coming off is this covered under warranty ? I bought the car used, and the radio won't keep the date right
bigted83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #17
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i can just see what the dealer is going to say,famous last words,"THAT IS NORMAL".
let us know the outcome.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #18
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted83 View Post
Ok sorry to jack this thread, but my orange leather seats are cracking and the finish or color is coming off is this covered under warranty ? I bought the car used, and the radio won't keep the date right
That is a warrantable item as long as it is still under warranty. I've noticed the date keeps changing on mine as well. I thought it was me, but I guess it really is a problem!
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #19
Dexcam1
ACE5.org

Drives: "Flightrisk"
Has anyone tried this product yet? http://www.leathernu.com/?rahm_id=364214
Old 10-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #20
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansenp View Post
Is there a tsb about this? My front seats are fading but not the headrests. It is about 75 percent garaged plus tinted side windows with Uv block. So what the heck with only 7,000 miles. I wana see what the dealer can do if anything . New seat wraps I was told were 1200 dollars
Pictures would be an asset to see. How is the passenger and rear seats in comparison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIZE View Post
No denim allowed? Jeeze, that's extreme.
Unfortunately this is the case with today's materials. My father and I use to do warranty work for a Canadian furniture chain and it's common. Sad thing is most people wear jeans and would expect to be able to do so on their furniture. Jeans easily cause abrasions due to the texture being rough and the leather being soft. Any light color leather shows dirt very easily. Darker colors tend to fade faster with use of jeans. Dirt example below (Sorry for resolution as it was taken by my fathers cell phone)

We cleaned the Left Hand Facing (Right side of photo)
The pain is trying to get the dirt out of the stitching around the seams as those are dirt traps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexcam1 View Post
Has anyone tried this product yet? http://www.leathernu.com/?rahm_id=364214
Well again since I use to be in the business I have used such a product and it does the job but remember it's a patch so not very effective in common use areas such as the seat as it will wear again. It's great for lesser used areas that happened to wear. Also it takes extreme patience to color match with the colors they supply to you.

To fixed common traffic area's would create spray dye mixes and used a special sealer cure time would be 24 hours.

I didn't do much of the leather aside from cleaning because I didn't have the patience but I did watch my father and his friend who works privately in leather repair. (She's the expert who made the spray's and sealer)

Most of the times to the customers they were pleased with our work but to me I guess because conscientiously I knew it was a repair job that I'd notice slight differences in color.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #21
hawkfe

Drives: 2014 Stingray 3LT
40K and 33 months, no fading here. Have the dealer check it out. Is it both front seats?
hawkfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #22
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted83 View Post
My '10 SS orange seats look fine after 3 years and 24,000 miles
possably because I've never cleaned them with anything.
As far as the radio goes, that's normal if it's parked for several days.
It keeps the correct time but not the date.