Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
hansenp

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS
TECHNOSTALGIA LED REAR LIGHTS

Ok there has been some bad stories on a few different threads but I am wondering if people are posting the good and happy stories. I want to hear both sides . I am thinking about finally jumping in and need a little push
hansenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
Supercharged2SS

Drives: 2010 2SS - Supercharged
Go to the apex thread about the led lights. Those are the techno ones. Towards the end I have 2 videos of mine. I really like the way they turned out. Aside from the pain in the neck bezel removal and the pesky outside light outside nuts install was easy. All of this and more on other thread. Worth the money IMO
Supercharged2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
If there is a problem Todd at TECHNOSTALGIA will take of you as he has for the very small percentage of others who experienced a problem. I will be installing mine this weekend and I cannot wait. I would say go for it, unless you want to see more videos?
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
hansenp

I saw your video and u r the cause of me thinking about these again.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #5
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Go for it. IMO it is the best way to make your Camaro stand out from the rest.

I saw Todd's YouTube post almost a year ago about them and he told me they were coming, and so I waited, and waited. Then I got them and had to send them back for a fix, and now I have them again.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #6
Supercharged2SS

To be honest the video stinks and hoses the lights. Unfortunately the iPhone is my only av equipment. Lights look way better in person. Although not a true after burner as I have been told, it looks pretty darn good to me. Aside from my documented installation challenges (would have been great to see Chase's bezel video before last Friday night) installation very easy. Rareslick added a good point about resistor plates very last before u button everything up. I haven't experienced any issues with them.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

As Supercharged2SS has indicated in his installation instructions, , you just have to take your time. Before installation you can hook up everything to make sure all works before tearing the car apart as that is what I am going to do first.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #8
hansenp

Post pics and video soon
Old 12-22-2010, 05:36 PM   #9
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Will do. I am using a 14 mega pixel camera to take the pics and video so hopefully it will show everything ok as it is not HD.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #10
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansenp View Post
Post pics and video soon
We are getting ready to shoot a full HD video as soon as the car is back in one piece (totally unrelated to the tail lights ).
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #11
carguy50

Drives: 2SS/RS, Sequntials,Tune,Flomstr,CAI
I just finished my install and test tonight. I had some problems that you may have read about on the APEX tread yesterday. I called Todd and he overnighted the replacement part and i got them about 415 today. The parts fixed my dead light issue and they work great and are really a kick ass mod. Todd will talk you thru any problems you may encounter. A word to the wise... Read and Re-read the Instructions before you start the install and be sure to watch the vidio on the bezel removal. you will not be disapointed. They are super cool.
carguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #12
Supercharged2SS

Carguy! Good work glad u are done and done. I just lit mine up to check again. Yep still looks awesome. Maybe I will drive the car tomorrow!
Old 12-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #13
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy50 View Post
I just finished my install and test tonight. I had some problems that you may have read about on the APEX tread yesterday. I called Todd and he overnighted the replacement part and i got them about 415 today. The parts fixed my dead light issue and they work great and are really a kick ass mod. Todd will talk you thru any problems you may encounter. A word to the wise... Read and Re-read the Instructions before you start the install and be sure to watch the vidio on the bezel removal. you will not be disapointed. They are super cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged2SS View Post
Yep still looks awesome.
Quote of the day!
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #14
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
you were talking about the true afterburner effect but do u think it looks better than the other afterburner lights out there? cuz i like how the ones out so far look from other companies.