Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
hansenp

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS
Technostalgia tailight issue

Ok so after 3 days of having these 400 dollar tailights and one minor rain storm water has condensed in one tailight. I have heard this happening to a few others so when they were installed I checked the silicon around the front lense and it looked good. So What the u know what ! for 400 they cant the get these lights to seal like the factory ones. I know they should replace it but it took 5 months to get now I have to remove it again and send it back . Just venting I guess but who elses had this happen? And how are these holding up for people?
Old 06-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
GO BIG ORANGE

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6-Synergy Green
Had this happen. It can look sealed. Trust me, as many of those sets they are cranking out, they are bound to have a few leak. Heres what I did. take them off the car, remove the harnesses from the back and let them air dry for a few hours or you can take a low heat hair dryer to them. then get a very high grade clear silicone(GE is the best, buy it at home depot, bout 6 bucks) and spread a bead around the housing edge and let it dry a few hrs. Mine hasnt done it since.
GO BIG ORANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
hansenp

Around the housing edge where the lense is yeah?
Old 06-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
cybercamaro
Cybergrey

Drives: Cyber Grey
Send a message via Yahoo to cybercamaro
It happened to mine too. It only did it once though. Technistalgia was willing to make it right though.
cybercamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
hansenp

I left them a message its just the bezels are a pain and I install custom painted one with the tailights , just a bummer
Old 06-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
cybercamaro
Cybergrey

Drives: Cyber Grey
Send a message via Yahoo to cybercamaro
I spoke too soon. I was at a car show today and had the show feature on and after several hours in the humid air they started to fog up
cybercamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #7
hansenp

All of them ?
Old 06-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #8
Sttt5126

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Vert
I got mine last week so I'm going to spread the silicone before I install them to be sure they don't leak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO BIG ORANGE View Post
Had this happen. It can look sealed. Trust me, as many of those sets they are cranking out, they are bound to have a few leak. Heres what I did. take them off the car, remove the harnesses from the back and let them air dry for a few hours or you can take a low heat hair dryer to them. then get a very high grade clear silicone(GE is the best, buy it at home depot, bout 6 bucks) and spread a bead around the housing edge and let it dry a few hrs. Mine hasnt done it since.
Sttt5126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #9
shiftz33

Drives: 17 SS Sedan, 04 SSR
I just pulled my Technostalgia LED lights out today to apply some silicone sealer around the lenses. I found there were some "gaps" in the pre-existing silicone from the manufacturing process. I also applied silicone at the point where the rear section of the main assembly screws together (just to be safe).
Old 06-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #10
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
No issues on mine. I have had them for 4 months now. Hope things go well for you
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #11
hansenp

Me too
Old 06-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #12
hansenp

Update talked with Todd today from technostalgia he is fully aware of this issue and the seal a matter of fact all orders shipped out have a new style lip and gasket and are now pressure tested before delivery. He is sending out me a new light in about 2 weeks due to the back log.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #13
shiftz33

Drives: 17 SS Sedan, 04 SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansenp View Post
Update talked with Todd today from technostalgia he is fully aware of this issue and the seal a matter of fact all orders shipped out have a new style lip and gasket and are now pressure tested before delivery. He is sending out me a new light in about 2 weeks due to the back log.
It would be interesting to know "when" the change took place.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #14
hansenp

Yeah I asked him if my replacement would be an updated version he said the change is already complete but didnt say how long its been done.