Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
hansenp

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS
Thumbs down Technostalgia

In December 2010 I order their LED tailamps I was told there was a back order of no more than 90 days so I went for it 90 days came and went in May 2011 they finally showed up at my door . Ok I am happy now so two weeks later I installed them but one lamp looks different the red lense doesnt sit flush against the lamp housing but I thought it will be fine and washed my beast after I was finished with the install as I was drying her I looked at the lamp and it looked like a fish bowl ! Oh man I was not happy I called todd and he assured a replacement would be sent out asap. This was june I waited until july to check up and again todd for the second time assured me it would be on its was after the july 4 holiday .Since july 7 I Have contacted both todd and brad via phone and email and still no answer at to when I will ever get a replacement on Aug 6 a second lamp start showing signs of moisture oh lord help me! As of today no luck I understand backorders yet if you have waited 5 months and then have an issue you have to wait 5 more months for a warranty replacement? What the?!! Just a very bad way of running a company even if these guys are nice and polite when u call they are still just feeding you bs nicely
Old 08-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
millville resident

Drives: H3, 2010 Camaro
I am having the moisture issues as well, plus 2 rows of LED's are not working in one lamp.
I have sent many emails to Todd over the last 3 months and he told me that a replacement light was ready to be shipped from them in mid June...... however, they are still not here and there is no response from Todd through email.
millville resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:41 PM   #3
hansenp

I talked to him friday and another promise to be shipped this week . I really doubt it though. This sucks
Old 08-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
highstik5

Drives: Summit White SS/RS
I am still waiting for mine to arrive. After hearing this, I wonder if I should just cancel and move on.
highstik5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
highstik5

Drives: Summit White SS/RS
I put up this post yesterday, and the tail lights arrive today. Guess I will see how it goes.
highstik5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
hansenp

Hahaha hope all works out for you the sad part is one of the guys at this company ( brad ) is a member here yet doesnt jump in on any of my threads to help
Old 08-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
JCL-2SS

Drives: 2010 2SS Imperial Blue
My Story, got my taillights during the winter and installed them in April 2011, 1 week later it rained like cats and dogs, i went out and both outer taillights were like fish bowls. the inners didnt get effected because of the way the water runs down between the trunk and quarterpanel. the water goes right over the tops of the outer lights. It took me a long fight with Technostalgia, and calling Apex who i bought the lights from. First they wanted me to send the outers back to get resealed, which i couldnt do because the car is a daily driver, then they wanted a credit card to make sure i sent the bad ones back, no way, i just spent 400 i wasnt doing that either, finally they sent 2 new outers, i noticed these new ones get a littel condensation but im done fighting with them, if it gets bad ill take them out and use some sealent on them myself. i expected better quality for 400.00.
2010 2SS IBM L99 6A, Janetty Tune, Dynatech headers and cats, Flowmaster exaust, SLP underdive pulley, CAI inc. CAI, MSD wires, LED's -taillights, side markers, knight rider, interior, Chevy emblem, rear plate
JCL-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:47 AM   #8
hansenp

I contacted brad via this site (BadMab) and here is his reply. I so want to believe him but we will see

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansenp View Post
I know you probably don't believe me, but I asked Todd this morning and he assured me your light would go out this week. I will send you the tracking information as soon as it does.

Thank you and I apologize for the delay,
Brad
Old 08-17-2011, 08:57 AM   #9
gr8daneh
460 RWHP 420 RWTQ

Drives: 2SS/RS - IBM LS3 M6
In defense of Todd and Technostalgia, they turned my replacements around fairly quickly. Both times, I received the lights within a week. Of course, I WAS NOT PLEASED that I had to send back lights at all due to the fact I had just received them after 4 months of waiting. Both passenger lights had LED's that were out or flickering upon install. In any event, everything is working now for about the last two weeks. Long term test under way...

Old 08-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #10
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
I contacted brad via this site (BadMab) and here is his reply. I so want to believe him but we will see
BadMab is Brad from Technostalgia? That is interesting and actually explains a lot.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #11
BADMAB
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
We're not the same person. Everyone assumes that because I live so close and I'm in the shop about 2-3 times a week checking on orders. They have a guy named Brad working in there though.

I've been selling Technostalgia's hot rod stuff for a while through Ebay and I was the first to post the Camaro lights because I was in the shop picking up some stuff the day they were testing them.
BADMAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #12
hansenp

Ahh I thought I read that on another thread sorry for the mix up well i hope todd didnt lie to me and you both in that case. Hmmmm wait doesnt it seem like your " the brad" buy this reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansenp
As you have so many complaints about theses tailights u may or may not remember talking to me but I have been waiting since june to get a replacement tailight for my camaro after waiting 5 month for the orig order and installed 6 days after getting the via ups just to find my light doubles as a fish bowl. I think both you and todd are very kind but as best way out of line with your timeline promises . Todd has once again for the 4 th time gave me a shipment time of this week. I really dont believe it until its at my door or get a tracking number so I am asking once again for your help as I am hoping you can help a fellow member. Paul Hansen in addition you can read my horror story and a few others like it either in the vendor review or cosmetic lighting section or dont even bother and just send me a trouble free light set asap best

I know you probably don't believe me, but I asked Todd this morning and he assured me your light would go out this week. I will send you the tracking information as soon as it does.

Brad

Last edited by hansenp; 08-17-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Why not
hansenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:09 PM   #13
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
BadMab is Brad from Technostalgia? That is interesting and actually explains a lot.
I sent you a PM regarding my lights being bad and got no reply. I bought them from you. Who makes good on the replacements?
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:23 AM   #14
BADMAB
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Ahh I thought I read that on another thread sorry for the mix up well i hope todd didnt lie to me and you both in that case. Hmmmm wait doesnt it seem like your " the brad" buy this reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansenp
As you have so many complaints about theses tailights u may or may not remember talking to me but I have been waiting since june to get a replacement tailight for my camaro after waiting 5 month for the orig order and installed 6 days after getting the via ups just to find my light doubles as a fish bowl. I think both you and todd are very kind but as best way out of line with your timeline promises . Todd has once again for the 4 th time gave me a shipment time of this week. I really dont believe it until its at my door or get a tracking number so I am asking once again for your help as I am hoping you can help a fellow member. Paul Hansen in addition you can read my horror story and a few others like it either in the vendor review or cosmetic lighting section or dont even bother and just send me a trouble free light set asap best

Brad
I was trying to get you taken care of regardless of who you bought them from. I called Todd when I got your pm and passed along the name. That's why I later asked where you purchased them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedwil View Post
I sent you a PM regarding my lights being bad and got no reply. I bought them from you. Who makes good on the replacements?
Hmm.. Maybe it somehow got overlooked. PM me your name and other info and I'll get you taken care of.
BADMAB is offline   Reply With Quote