Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-20-2018, 08:01 PM   #15
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro85 View Post
Viper makes great security alarms. And they also have an app that can't alert you if someone tries entering.
That does not sound very helpful....
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:48 PM   #16
JMJ4492

Drives: Nothing yet
Congrats man, did you get the l99 or ls3? I'm planning on getting one within the month, can't wait to join the club!
JMJ4492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:19 PM   #17
vincentcamaro

Drives: Camaro SS 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by moons21 View Post
The only way to get rid of the swirls is by polishing...I had to use a correction polish then a finishing polish to truly get rid of them before sealing, glaze then wax. The "black" waxes have fillers that help to hide them temporarily, but a wax is not a polish, watch some vids on 1 or 2 step polishing, sometimes you need to compound before polishing to get rid of real bad swirls....black is a labor of love.. And when done correctly.. looks amazing!
Here is my wife's 8 yr old truck after a two step polish...

Wow that is nice af yup that's how I need my whole car
vincentcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:06 AM   #18
vincentcamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJ4492 View Post
Congrats man, did you get the l99 or ls3? I'm planning on getting one within the month, can't wait to join the club!
L99! Yeah it feels amazing to finally have it after all these years seeing other people driving one and me thinking in my head "there goes somebody driving my car that's not me" lol
Old 01-21-2018, 03:23 AM   #19
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
IMO, suspension first, then the common bolt ons; CAI with scoop, PTB, high flow cats, gears, a good dyno and trans tune will make the car responsive. Although, the CAI and high flow cats are not CARB compliant, they are easy to r&r at inspection. Long tube headers are not CARB legal and not worth the cost and hassle of installation. Welcome aboard. You’ll find a lot of good information and good people on this forum. Start searching all the different forum categories within Camaro5.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:49 PM   #20
vincentcamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
IMO, suspension first, then the common bolt ons; CAI with scoop, PTB, high flow cats, gears, a good dyno and trans tune will make the car responsive. Although, the CAI and high flow cats are not CARB compliant, they are easy to r&r at inspection. Long tube headers are not CARB legal and not worth the cost and hassle of installation. Welcome aboard. You’ll find a lot of good information and good people on this forum. Start searching all the different forum categories within Camaro5.
Thank you. Your Camaro looks hella dope btw
Old 01-21-2018, 08:51 PM   #21
vincentcamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
So Viper alarms aren't helpful?
Old 01-21-2018, 09:01 PM   #22
SS PANTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentcamaro View Post
Thank you. Your Camaro looks hella dope btw
Thanks
Quote:

Maybe I’m wrong, but, I think he was alluding to not broadcast what your security system will be. And yes, as he stated before, the Bay Area had an epidemic of stolen 5th gen Camaros.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:41 PM   #23
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro85 View Post
Viper makes great security alarms. And they also have an app that can't alert you if someone tries entering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Quote:

No, he's pointing out the (hopefully) error in the post from Camaro85.

Quote:
Thanks
Maybe I’m wrong, but, I think he was alluding to not broadcast what your security system will be. And yes, as he stated before, the Bay Area had an epidemic of stolen 5th gen Camaros.
If the pros want it they will have it.
Maybe they are picking on the 6th gen now.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:50 PM   #24
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
No, he's pointing out the (hopefully) error in the post from Camaro85.
Yea, it was the error in the post. Was just being a smartass is all. I never claimed to have the best sense of humor, lol. No harm intended.

'And they also have an app that can't alert you if someone tries entering.' - That's the post I was talking about.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI

Last edited by InFiD3ViL; 01-21-2018 at 10:11 PM.
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:51 AM   #25
SS PANTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
If the pros want it they will have it.
Maybe they are picking on the 6th gen now.
True
Old 02-06-2018, 12:21 AM   #26
vincentcamaro

Quote:
Hey sorry i dont know if i stated it in this post but before buying this car i absolutely know nothing about cars. i literally just got my license 9 months ago. So why suspension first? what are the common bolt ons for and how necessary are they? gears? dyno?trans tune? high flow cats? i dont even know what carb is but im guessing its smog? i dont want to replacing and removing anythin just for smog if that is what it meant. sorry for the complete noobness i want to be an expert like yall one day so bare with me lol
Old 02-06-2018, 06:35 AM   #27
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
So for rims look at lexani rims thats what i have and i love them i have r-3s i paid 1700 for them, for detailing look into adams polishes they are the best out. and for halos i have oracle halos colorshift 2.o with the fog halos and the rear bowtie light up.
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:58 PM   #28
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
best mod is a trained doberman that sleeps next to your car inside a locked garage...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote