Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #29
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuf Cruz View Post
I just stated this on another thread as I am really close to pulling the trigger on a SC. But now with the recent switch overs, I am a little hesitant to take the leap. Very afraid of the "what do I do now?" after you get use to it kicks in!
Honestly, I don't think you should be afraid at all. I know many are bailing out but eventually you just move on. Everyone does it. I have a friend that built a turboed scion tc that was stupid fast. It would kill srt8s from a roll and could hang with gtrs and he eventually just moved on. He's now started building a boosted miata for road racing.

Personally, I know I would probably get bored after I'm "completely done" as well but just by what this car means to me, I'll be keeping this one. I hope to eventually put in a supercharger and buying a seperate v8 down the road.

Getting the 400 hp you can get out of these and still getting great gas mileage is a win win for me.

Click Picture for Build Thread
Old 01-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #30
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterv6 View Post
I don't see what the big deal is ppl are always trading and selling there cars for something different. I am glad they are sticking with the camaro. Also if it stop someone from modding their car that's just crazy. With two stepping away that means more should step up to the plate. Congrats guys on what you have done for the sc crowd. Just my two cent.

Sent from my iPad2 on space mountain
After an investment like this moving on takes on a new meaning in my eyes. Mainly because I dont have a large diposable income.

Trust me two moving on wont make me not upgrade my car but...I am starting to understand why. I have learned alot from others mistakes in life. I have also taught many by my own mistakes I am sure.

Not saying these two made mistakes that is not what I am saying here. They have not contacted me.

Interestingly enough I have have learned alot from the pm's I have received after starting this thread. As always you have to pay to play.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #31
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
OP, there's nothing wrong with trying to educate yourself by asking questions on a "forum" about a product you're interested in that costs 6k and adds a lot of new variables to your car. Good luck on your decision process.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:15 AM   #32
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
I love my kit. I beat SS's on the street and at the track. I broke 12's with a V6. I've accomplished alot. I've had my car 3 years. It's just time for me to move up to my first V8!
da fu** you too?!

lmao wowwwwwwww. Well first of hats to you, 12s in your v6 is awesome and congrats on the upgrade!!

I want to just put a v8 in my car but keep hearing it will cost more then upgrading blah blah blah but no one ever tells me real cost. I can get LS3 and tranny for about 5k. Now im sitting here trying to figure out what else I need.

My car means the world to me, I dont want to change cars, just want to change her heart

And as for the V6 vs V8. Honestly, our v6 is great, it makes good power with a SC or twin turbos but weve hit a wall with it in making big power with it and well I dont want to dump money into it to sit only at 400rwhp. If I could get 600 to the wheels safely, then I would keep it. But anyways always had plans to throw a V8 in it. I see poeple throwing all kinds of motors in the SS. Where theres a will, theres a way. Youll see a conversion from me in about a year or two
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
Old 01-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #33
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
da fu** you too?!

lmao wowwwwwwww. Well first of hats to you, 12s in your v6 is awesome and congrats on the upgrade!!

I want to just put a v8 in my car but keep hearing it will cost more then upgrading blah blah blah but no one ever tells me real cost. I can get LS3 and tranny for about 5k. Now im sitting here trying to figure out what else I need.

My car means the world to me, I dont want to change cars, just want to change her heart

And as for the V6 vs V8. Honestly, our v6 is great, it makes good power with a SC or twin turbos but weve hit a wall with it in making big power with it and well I dont want to dump money into it to sit only at 400rwhp. If I could get 600 to the wheels safely, then I would keep it. But anyways always had plans to throw a V8 in it. I see poeple throwing all kinds of motors in the SS. Where theres a will, theres a way. Youll see a conversion from me in about a year or two
I like the v8 swap idea. Should be an easy swap if you get all electronics. Biggest issue i see is making the dash function. Easy would be a relative term.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #34
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Ah, I remember the days where you could swap a 6 for a 454 in just a few days. Much simpler back then.

Now, you almost have to swap the entire electronics along with it or do a bunch of modifications which you could accomplish just as well by trading in and buying the V8 version for at least around the same price or less.

But the mod bug is the mod bug, regardless of number of cylinders. Enjoy what you have.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 01-10-2013, 07:46 AM   #35
cjt037
boost+v6=me=:)

Drives: Turbo'd 6er
i wanted to do the LSX swap in mine but GM made everything extremly expensive. might as well just buy a shell camaro bc everything has to come out anyways.

With the bell out i understand it bc all the hype goes away when you get used to the power and want more and since thier is not as many of us with the v6 wanting the power less products are out thier.

even when you do go forced like us you run into fuel problems then if you solve that they dont have forged interals for our engine. o ya and our ecu sucks bc no opperator tunes on dyno side are thier everything is remote. i would kill for a hp tune for my car.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #36
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrackie View Post
I like the v8 swap idea. Should be an easy swap if you get all electronics. Biggest issue i see is making the dash function. Easy would be a relative term.
Yeah figured pull everything out of a wrecked one. Honestly, my budget is 15k. If its realistic with that, then ill be doing it hands down. Love my car way too much to trade her in. Plus she will be even more unique. If I didnt make my newest purchase, 2012 GSXR1000, I wouldve done it over the winter to be honest. Cost about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Ah, I remember the days where you could swap a 6 for a 454 in just a few days. Much simpler back then.

Now, you almost have to swap the entire electronics along with it or do a bunch of modifications which you could accomplish just as well by trading in and buying the V8 version for at least around the same price or less.

But the mod bug is the mod bug, regardless of number of cylinders. Enjoy what you have.
Yup, I see people doing it with 05 mustangs as it is right now. Brothers got an 05 v6 stang. You can youtube v6 to v8 swaps with that model. And thats an 05 so its definitly doable

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjt037 View Post
i wanted to do the LSX swap in mine but GM made everything extremly expensive. might as well just buy a shell camaro bc everything has to come out anyways.

With the bell out i understand it bc all the hype goes away when you get used to the power and want more and since thier is not as many of us with the v6 wanting the power less products are out thier.

even when you do go forced like us you run into fuel problems then if you solve that they dont have forged interals for our engine. o ya and our ecu sucks bc no opperator tunes on dyno side are thier everything is remote. i would kill for a hp tune for my car.
Im debating LSX swap or not. Heard it to be on the heavy side. I will do a V8 swap for sure, just a matter of time.

As for the tune, jeez, this stupid LLT, looks like the LFX is a good platform to mod right now. With the recent numbers posted and the fact you can tune it. Wouldve been nice to get that motor, and im assuming it doesnt have the problems the LLT has in terms of blowing up.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
Old 01-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #37
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post

As for the tune, jeez, this stupid LLT, looks like the LFX is a good platform to mod right now. With the recent numbers posted and the fact you can tune it. Wouldve been nice to get that motor, and im assuming it doesnt have the problems the LLT has in terms of blowing up.
No it doesn't blow up like the LLT but apparently that one is coming up with its own problems. It seems a bunch of people have had the torque converter fail.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #38
lscamaro

I know I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but why not a nitrous system? You can run the same power a supercharger will get you and its a lot lot cheaper. I'm really stating to contemplate this a lot lately.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #39
cjt037
boost+v6=me=:)

Drives: Turbo'd 6er
Bc nitrous is illegal for street use. In most states and for a proper set up very risky. Not worth it
Old 01-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #40
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrackie View Post
After an investment like this moving on takes on a new meaning in my eyes. Mainly because I dont have a large diposable income.

Trust me two moving on wont make me not upgrade my car but...I am starting to understand why. I have learned alot from others mistakes in life. I have also taught many by my own mistakes I am sure.

Not saying these two made mistakes that is not what I am saying here. They have not contacted me.

Interestingly enough I have have learned alot from the pm's I have received after starting this thread. As always you have to pay to play.

I noticed when you started this thread you had your mods listed in the signature...now there gone? And you had listed a IPF SC as one of your mods.....so why would you be concerned if you already have your super charger...are you not happy with it? And why delete your mod list? I'm confused here....

As for swapping a V8 into a V6 car, PCM, wire harness, TCM, transmission, driveshaft, differential, hubs, axles, etc. are just the start so cost and difficulty are off the scale, so for those loving their V6 there are so many good power mods now available from several manufacturers, and Nitrous may not be legal in many states, but if done properly it is a very affordable solution. There are also so many bolt ons and the Mace cams and RX cylinder head combo is impressive, but pricey as well.

Like several have posted in this thread, it is kinda cool and unique to have a V6 that beats V8's and gets 28-30 mpg, but if you want or have a v8 then where we run into limitations on the V6 at around 500 or so hp, the V8's we do 600-700-1000hp FI builds all the time and havce many street legal 9 &10 second cars out there.

If any have any questions as to anything technical on any mods contact me direct.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #41
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
V8 swap would turn into a huge money pit. I'm sure just about everyone would advise against it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #42
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
V8 swap would turn into a huge money pit. I'm sure just about everyone would advise against it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
Just get the RX stroker kit and forged internals. Is your engine is miled out? Maybe rebuild? 4.0L boosted 5th Gen Camaro would be unique.

Better yet, 4.0L Twin turbo LLT would be boss, give the beat down to the V8's!

Last edited by simt3k; 01-10-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Closed Thread