Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #141
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28orSs View Post

Yes it is a hyundai the car comp. that hires designers from other car maker's part time... no wonder some of their cars look familiar.
everything about this car is shared even both of its engines i dont think hyundai did a good job on anything, they learned from the tyibaron(cant spell) that their parts suked. so they take left over carp from everyone's parts bin, there you have it another POS
I read this and you are asking if "I" am on drugs?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #142
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
The Genesis V6 comes with XM standard, and while they won't have onstar, they are going to have a navigation system soon. Looks are subjective, IMHO the Camaro is a better looking car, in a musclecar way, but the genesis has good looks also in a sports car sort of way (especially the V6 with it's different lower front fascia). I am not for or against one car or another, just saying the little Genesis coupe deserves a little respect, as does the Camaro.
the 2011 camaro is supposed to have navigation as well. But as of now, the camaro offers atleast some sort of navigation, the gen, has none. And the camaro has more torque from the 3.6 than the gen has from its 3.8, but still the camaro gets better highway fuel economy. Hyundai also forgot about telescopic steering wheels, which greatly improve driving position for most drivers. But thats just my GM biased comparison.

Hyundai is really ambitious with their new cars, even trying to make a car that rivals the merc S class, for 48k. good luck equus.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #143
Stew

Actaully the Genesis Sedan is every bit a competitor for the Lexus LS460, similar ride, handling, quality , and luxury for 25k LESS, not to mention the Genesis Sedan just scored highest in JD powers owner satisfaction survey, the car is not a joke and they are playing the same game lexus did 20 years, offer a comparable car for a MUCH lower price and it works.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #144
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
Quote:
I meant the Genesis V6 over the Camaro V6, but I want a V8 so I'd rather have the 1SS than either, make sense now?
Thank you... I can un Cross my eyes now lol.
Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:28 AM   #145
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosher View Post
Thank you... I can un Cross my eyes now lol.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:54 PM   #146
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Actaully the Genesis Sedan is every bit a competitor for the Lexus LS460, similar ride, handling, quality , and luxury for 25k LESS, not to mention the Genesis Sedan just scored highest in JD powers owner satisfaction survey, the car is not a joke and they are playing the same game lexus did 20 years, offer a comparable car for a MUCH lower price and it works.
thats initial quality. BUT i wasnt talking about the genesis sedan, i was refering to the new equus, that is supposed to start at 48k.

...back on topic now.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:55 AM   #147
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
I read this and you are asking if "I" am on drugs?
well you cleared that up

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
Wow, there's so much wrong with this statement (grammatically and factually) I don't even know where to begin.
LMAO well i was in the mood to rant. so i lose my "limited abilty" to type and make sense sorry.

Now that i am some what capable of making sense, i dont like the Gen coupe for many reasons, but i will keep it short and say that Hyundai lacks in looks and Originality. Beacus they take left over parts from honda lexus and infinity....
example Kia forte-- nice civic
evorm looks jus like the LS450
they even make a suv that is a twin of the rx330
gen coupe whole lot of G35 and tyibaron(still cant spell) parts

IMHO!
Old 07-25-2009, 07:29 PM   #148
ConceptVBS

Drives: POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
the 2011 camaro is supposed to have navigation as well. But as of now, the camaro offers atleast some sort of navigation, the gen, has none.
Hyundai is selling the navi as we speak in Canada. US is coming in the next few weeks.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/05/27/e...xt-gen-nav-sy/
ConceptVBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:32 PM   #149
blinkme323

Drives: -
Yeah nav should be here shortly. Plus if nav is a deal breaker for you on a sports car, then you are looking in the wrong segment.
blinkme323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:30 AM   #150
Vuron00

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT
I test drove a Genesis coupe 2 weeks ago.

The wife bought an Camaro ABM 1LT and I decided that I needed a new car. I had planned to wait for the Camaro convertible, but will all the delays decided that I might be waiting forever. I narrowed my choices down to a Genesis couple, Mustang GT convertible, or Camaro. I liked the Mustang inside and out, but the convertible top just cut down too much of the shoulder room inside and didn't make for a comfortable ride.

The Genesis is a sweet car. Very nice interior. Everything is layed out nice, the visibility is great, great acceleration and power, corners great, and the Grand Touring trim had almost everything that I was looking for. The MAJOR drawbacks of the Genesis are options and availability. I was told that I couldn't order a car and would have to find one. I wanted a gray, Grand Touring trim, and was told that there were only 35 in the US and the closest was 5.5 hours away. I could get the Track trim, but why pay 2 grand more for what amounts to tires, brakes, and a spoiler?

This brings me to options.... there are none. You get the trim that you buy and there are no other options. The Grand Touring has 1 (one) interior color option and its the ugliest brown color that I had ever seen. You can't change tires, wheels, packages of any kind. I think this might be their way of pushing the higher dollar track package. If you want to add anything to this car, you'd better hope you can find an aftermarket dealer.

From what I saw and what I've been told, this is a great car for the tuner crowd. The 2.0 turbo model leaves tons of room for mods and upgrades.

And it might seem like a strange reason, but this car just doesn't have any WOW factor. It looks like a decent car, but just doesn't have anything to distinguish it from every other car on the road. I could have passed a hundred of these on the road and would never have noticed. I can't come out of the grocery store without 3 or 4 people standing around my wife's car looking at it. She parks as far away from everyone to prevent scratches and door dings, but people pull next to her just because they want to look at the car. You just don't get this from a Hyundai.

So, I ended up ordering a CGM 2LT RS and I'm happy that I did. Hopefully, it will still have some trade-in value by the time the convertibles are released and I'll be even happier.
Vuron00 is offline   Reply With Quote