Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

View Poll Results: LSA OR LS7 for the NEW Z28
LSA 79 67.52%
LS7 38 32.48%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2008, 12:04 AM   #29
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'm actually not out of line, because I'm a .....moderator. Funny how that works......

The post was not about the thread subject. This thread was created to discuss what engine people think might make it into the Z28. Same as we were guessing about which engine would make it into the V6 two years ago. So please, don't scold me. If you'd like to take issue with how we moderate here; please PM me and I'd be more than happy to go into detail with you.

However, if you're intent on continuing to post how dead you think the Z28 is, then please do so here where it belongs.
I will continue to remove any "Z28 is dead" related posts from this thread.

Once again, my deepest apologies to everyone who's posts were caught in the 'cleanup'.

And now I'll delete some stuff from gtahvit and radz's minds via the Matrix...standby.
Cool colors...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:16 AM   #30
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted07Sierra View Post
Really, who wants to wait til 2012 to drive a Z28? Get a SS now and trade up IMO
lets see. . .who wants to wait? the people that will be paying off a truck and a car by then and can afford the payment on a 50k car? I don't want to wait but I have to so why not buy something even better then?
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:36 AM   #31
Lifted07Sierra

Drives: 2007 gmc sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
lets see. . .who wants to wait? the people that will be paying off a truck and a car by then and can afford the payment on a 50k car? I don't want to wait but I have to so why not buy something even better then?
Lease the 2010 then
Lifted07Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:46 AM   #32
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Is that Twilight Zone music that's playing in my head? aight I'll play nice...I still say a 572 BB would fit...or did I say that, I don't remember...What? uhh I need a nap.
i suggested it
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:19 AM   #33
GXPMAN

Drives: Pontiac Solstice GXP
Maybe by then it will be a turbo charged LS3 and they'll call it the LST!!
GXPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:29 AM   #34
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
I think a motor called LSD would be funny. Me and my car are running all night on LSD power!

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:58 AM   #35
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I think, God willing, I'll be picking up a Z28 with an LSA in ...... oh.....June of 2010....if I can wait that long.

I really feel as though I should step in to say how much I agree with Dragons decision to "clean up" the thread and to not call out Mods with how they do their jobs publicly, but I'll pass. Dragon is doing a FINE job taking care of the situation.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:10 AM   #36
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
My guess:

Z28 will come out with the Gen V's with the SS being a 5.0 DI 450hp and the Z28 being a 6.0 DI 575hp...

...of course, with advanced flex fuel that can change fuel trims etc appropriately to take full advantage of the alcohol percentages
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:35 AM   #37
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I think, God willing, I'll be picking up a Z28 with an LSA in ...... oh.....June of 2010....if I can wait that long.

I really feel as though I should step in to say how much I agree with Dragons decision to "clean up" the thread and to not call out Mods with how they do their jobs publicly, but I'll pass. Dragon is doing a FINE job taking care of the situation.
I just don't argue with Mods', LOL! I think that is good advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
My guess:

Z28 will come out with the Gen V's with the SS being a 5.0 DI 450hp and the Z28 being a 6.0 DI 575hp...

...of course, with advanced flex fuel that can change fuel trims etc appropriately to take full advantage of the alcohol percentages
I wonder if these numbers are practical; I don't mean that derogatorily, I'm seriously wondering if the DI would make those sample engines that
much more efficient. I imagine those could be better alternatives to an LSA or supercharged variant because I imagine it wouldn't add as much weight as the FI mills. For me, I like the supercharger option because it would just be so much easier to get more power out of the car without appearing illegal to the smog nazies. Still, those are cool ideas

As far as the turbo mills, I remember reading that Team Corvette tried turbos on the LS9 but scrapped them for a supercharger. Strange, but that's what I remember seeing.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 08-14-2008, 10:14 AM   #38
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
As far as the turbo mills, I remember reading that Team Corvette tried turbos on the LS9 but scrapped them for a supercharger. Strange, but that's what I remember seeing.
Not too strange, the turbocharged prototypes experienced..."thermal events".
Old 08-14-2008, 10:49 AM   #39
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Not too strange, the turbocharged prototypes experienced..."thermal events".
LOL! Translation, they burned it to the ground during testing!
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:02 PM   #40
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
"thermal events" = Detonation....

Oh and the engine in the Z28 will either be the LSA or a Gen V motor. Bank on it.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #41
radz28
Petro-sexual

Eh, I like whine instead of a whiste anyways I bet they couldn't fit big enough intercoolers on/in that car to bring the air temps' low enough to make the power they were looking for. Eh, turbos are more complicated anyways; I'd be plenty happy with 1900 or 2300 anyways.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 08-14-2008, 12:40 PM   #42
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
better idea a bored and supercharged ls3 like this http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...?p=1566671601]
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote