Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #687
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Congrates I'm glad your Camaro is all back togather again!!! Your not modding any thing else anytime soon are you????? If so pm me the link so I can watch the drama on fold!!!They do look bada$$ on there loving the look!!!
Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #688
redman

Drives: 18 2SS Vert
Good luck guy. It's all part of hot rodding. You can't just change one thing, would be nice but there are always other variables that go along with the change. you will get there.
redman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #689
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Just got home from bowling. I gotta say, after bowling with my pinky finger and ring finger and padding the hell out of my normal bowling finger, my mind was on other things on the drive home, and me and Bonnie were talking about our daughter, I wasn't even paying attention to how the car was driving and never thought about the wheels once.

That's kinda proof that they are just fine. If they were still shaking I'd have noticed it.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:45 AM   #690
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
JB, your Savini wheels should arrive sometime next week. Same as PQ's wheels, minus the black paint

And Darth_Emma, can you explain the "Emma" part of your username? Doesn't rhyme with Terri. Thanks

Randy, I was also a skeptic of the 22s. Probably one of the first guys to put them on a Camaro since I got the car so early and had the wheels ordered before I got the car. I had planned on going 21s, but the tire selection sucked. Took a chance on 22s, despite the "ghetto" comments people were saying. The tires do look thin, kind of worried me at first. But, no problems nearly a year later. My wife drives the Camaro all the time, and she is very picky about car quirks.

Oh, and I have a set of 20s coming soon. These will be my lightweight go-racing setup. The 22s will be for show and cruising.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:03 AM   #691
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
And Darth_Emma, can you explain the "Emma" part of your username? Doesn't rhyme with Terri. Thanks
ummm. It's a bit silly and I'll try to keep it short so as not to totally thread jack...

Several years ago I created an on line dog at a website called Virtual Dog. (It was a GUI chat client where all the users had dog avatars. My sister's idea to chat there, not mine.) I called my dog "Emma." When the server killed my dog (it said she died cause I didn't feed her - which, btw, isn't true - it was a server glitch), I made another dog who came back as her evil twin "Darth Emma" and the name stuck.

I know, dorky.

PQ, I'm glad your wheels are ok!

Last edited by Darth_Emma; 05-15-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:35 AM   #692
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
LOL at the online dog story. Usernames are funny. Mine isn't so creative, my first message board was a billiards site back in 1994. I used to play semi-pro 9-ball. Same username for every site I visit.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:24 PM   #693
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Oh, and I have a set of 20s coming soon. These will be my lightweight go-racing setup. The 22s will be for show and cruising.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Probably should have kept my stock 20s but wanted to make some of my money back buying these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
ummm. It's a bit silly and I'll try to keep it short so as not to totally thread jack...

Several years ago I created an on line dog at a website called Virtual Dog. (It was a GUI chat client where all the users had dog avatars. My sister's idea to chat there, not mine.) I called my dog "Emma." When the server killed my dog (it said she died cause I didn't feed her - which, btw, isn't true - it was a server glitch), I made another dog who came back as her evil twin "Darth Emma" and the name stuck.

I know, dorky.

PQ, I'm glad your wheels are ok!
You killed your virtual dog.........

'Server Glitch' Riiiiight.

And Emma, I don't think this thread can be jacked. I think it's pretty well a done deal.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #694
Darth_Emma

Dang, now I have to decide what to do with my stock wheels... I was going to sell them.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:37 PM   #695
Darth_Emma

I can't believe this thread is over...
Now what am I going to do?
Old 05-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #696
LC
ou mai gad

Drives: SW 2SS x2
you can wait for your wheels and start your own!
Old 05-17-2010, 07:32 PM   #697
Darth_Emma

Super sweet! (that was my best Eric Cartman immitation)
Old 08-06-2010, 02:30 AM   #698
SikMaro

Drives: 2004 CTS, Arrived! 2ss/rs ABM!
PQ - I'm sorry to hear that you are/were having so much trouble with the wheels. I bought the same exact wheels as you did 22’s and all, which I had ordered before I even knew of this thread. When I got my wheels WOW!!! Just as you said they look AMAZING!!! The paint was perfect with no blemishes, dirt, or orange peel and they are black (which as everyone knows shows all imperfections). They are the sickest wheels on the market and there are no other companies with the wheel designs or color combinations that can compare. They were/are way better than expected. I had SAVINI paint match my wheels with the ABM and the paint matched perfectly. I put them on and it just set the car off. Like you I could not tell you how sick they are.

But I couldn't help but to notice the problems you are saying you are having with your particular set. I have owned other cars and trucks with 22” and bigger. I had lots of problems with the shake and vibration that you speak of with other companies. But I’ve had my wheels for 3 months now and have never had a hint of vibration or shaking. You said that you notice the problem more when you step on it. I have gone to the track and raced mine with the wheels and there was no such vibration. I've even got it up to 130mph and still no such problems (keep in mind that just like you they are on 25/30 series tires as well and still no vibration). I believe I have a little bit wider tire even in the rear (11") than you which is more prone to vibration or shake.

I don’t know why you’re saying, “if you could do it all over again you wouldn’t”. As you said in the thread they offered before you even asked to have you send them back to check them out and fix the problem and reimburse you for shipping, which they did.

Their customer service and product are second to none. Again, their wheels are perfect and come exactly the way you want them or better. SAVINI has the best wheels on the market and I haven’t heard from of the other members on the forum state they are having the same problems either (Darth_Emma, JB, & countless others that have ordered from SAVINI) All are proud owners of SAVINI wheels I have referred all of my friends to SAVINI and they have had a perfect experience with them as well. I will definitely be ordering another set from SAVINI again in the future.

I've included some pictures of mine as well.

1100 - 09-24-09 1st Step
3800 - Born 10-27-09
6000 - 11-11-09
SikMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:15 AM   #699
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMaro View Post
PQ - I'm sorry to hear that you are/were having so much trouble with the wheels. I bought the same exact wheels as you did 22’s and all, which I had ordered before I even knew of this thread. When I got my wheels WOW!!! Just as you said they look AMAZING!!! The paint was perfect with no blemishes, dirt, or orange peel and they are black (which as everyone knows shows all imperfections). They are the sickest wheels on the market and there are no other companies with the wheel designs or color combinations that can compare. They were/are way better than expected. I had SAVINI paint match my wheels with the ABM and the paint matched perfectly. I put them on and it just set the car off. Like you I could not tell you how sick they are.

But I couldn't help but to notice the problems you are saying you are having with your particular set. I have owned other cars and trucks with 22” and bigger. I had lots of problems with the shake and vibration that you speak of with other companies. But I’ve had my wheels for 3 months now and have never had a hint of vibration or shaking. You said that you notice the problem more when you step on it. I have gone to the track and raced mine with the wheels and there was no such vibration. I've even got it up to 130mph and still no such problems (keep in mind that just like you they are on 25/30 series tires as well and still no vibration). I believe I have a little bit wider tire even in the rear (11") than you which is more prone to vibration or shake.

I don’t know why you’re saying, “if you could do it all over again you wouldn’t”. As you said in the thread they offered before you even asked to have you send them back to check them out and fix the problem and reimburse you for shipping, which they did.

Their customer service and product are second to none. Again, their wheels are perfect and come exactly the way you want them or better. SAVINI has the best wheels on the market and I haven’t heard from of the other members on the forum state they are having the same problems either (Darth_Emma, JB, & countless others that have ordered from SAVINI) All are proud owners of SAVINI wheels I have referred all of my friends to SAVINI and they have had a perfect experience with them as well. I will definitely be ordering another set from SAVINI again in the future.

I've included some pictures of mine as well.

I'm sure you love your wheels and have been problem free. MANY people have ordered Savini wheels and I haven't heard ANYONE complain except me.

Guess that means I'm crazy................. Not.

So you got a good set. I'm glad for you. I DIDN'T. What's so hard to understand?

I'm glad it's all worked out for you, and I'm sure Savini appreciates your vote of confidence. I have talked up Savini and sent them business, even during this whole process. EVEN during the latest round.

Simple fact of the matter is I recieved wheels that were out of round. Two of those wheels are still out of round. AND THEY'VE BEEN BACK TWICE. Not repaired or replaced. NO parts on those wheels were changed. They were like this before the FIRST time I sent them back. I sent them back once, they were not fixed. Only ONE rear wheel was 'repaired', I sent them back a second time, only one rear wheel was repaired. The SAME one as last time. The other 3 wheels were never touched.

As far as having been reimbursed for shipping, who told you that. Because I was't. Savini payed the second time, and the first time they were returned to me. But I PAID the first time shipping them to Savini. 320.00, and I never asked for it back after that.

I'm wondering what your point is here? I've had 4 independant shops document for me that at least 3 wheels are out of round. And it's all been well documented on this site in various different threads. I have video of the SAME wheels spinning on machines and doing the SAME EXACT THING that they were doing back in April when I first got them.

I never EVER said anything bad about Savini wheels. EVER. Just MY wheels. And I have been justified. So you got some good ones. Congratulations. That means EVERYONE else can feel good.

Jason - Damn, man. I blew a rod on my car today.

PQ - It's ok, SikMaro got a good set of Savinis.

Jason - Serious? Sweet, to hell with my car, let's go celebrate his wheels.

Quote:
This line is baffling. Tell you what............. I won't tell you YOUR opinions........... and you don't tell me mine.

And at the same time, you don't even know what you're talking about. You couldn't get it more wrong.

Savini has done a lot here, no doubt. I'm not saying they haven't. BUT if you hired me to wash your windows and I missed all the ones in front of the house, and you called me back and I came back for free and washed them again, but still didn't wash the dirty ones in front of the house I missed, and you called me again and told me, and I came back again, brought a whole work crew, and some high tech equipment, washed them again, but LEFT THE SAME WINDOWS dirty. You'd have a bit of a problem right? You'd wonder wtf, right? Then I tell you I've done a lot for you here. But you're like, "Uh, you've done a lot, yes. But I still have dirty windows."

Last edited by PQ; 08-09-2010 at 11:39 AM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #700
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
PQ...your response was more restrained than I would have been able to manage.

To be honest, the post you responded to looked more like a marketing effort than anything else.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote