Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
alangley5

Drives: 2010 LT
Exclamation HID conversion questions

I'm converting my stock LS head lamps to HID, but DDC offers several options such as wattage, adaptor cables, error eliminator, and duel in and out wiring harness.

can anyone set me straight on these terms/ recommend a good HID conversion kit?

DDMtuning.com was the website
alangley5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
John@AutoAgenda

Drives: 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by alangley5 View Post
I'm converting my stock LS head lamps to HID, but DDC offers several options such as wattage, adaptor cables, error eliminator, and duel in and out wiring harness.

can anyone set me straight on these terms/ recommend a good HID conversion kit?

DDMtuning.com was the website
It all depends on what you want out of your kit, wattage refers to the wattage of the kit, the 35 is what comes stock on most cars that come with HID's from the factory or you can buy a 55 watt setup that runs brighter but also does not last as long when it comes to bulb life. Adapter cables are used for usually putting an H7 bulb into an H1 bulb socket and are used to convert your factory wiring into their bulb. Error eliminators are used for BMW's so you don't need to worry about that and dual are used for running multiple systems.

I am not sure what bulb you have but decide which one you need and since you are purchasing from DDM I would highly recommend going with their relayed harness to make sure both lights come on every time you turn the switch on v.s waiting for one to heat up and then turning the lights off and back on to make them both pop on. It's well worth the money.
John@AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #3
alangley5

Drives: 2010 LT
thank you very much!
alangley5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hid