Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-23-2014, 06:58 PM   #1
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
BMW forum post

Just saw this from a BMW forum member, I think he is this guy, billy Johnson who is also a race car driver. "Just tracked a Z28. Really impressive car. The aero is noticeable at med-high speed corners and over crests. The brakes are phenomenal. The suspension control, response, and feel is excellent and the car is really easy to drive.

You can drive it in understeer - oversteer at any slip angle you want, and the car is predictable and a lot of fun. The car actually feels under-powered, which is how good the chassis, aero, and suspension is, but enough power for easy sideways antics. Not sure about the negative reviews on the car, but I had a blast with it."
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #2
DDoug

Drives: '13 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
Not sure about the negative reviews
there's been ... negative reviews??
Old 11-23-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
there's been ... negative reviews??
Yup. On that BMW forum of course many M fans are doubting the Zs capability and trashing it's interior. I sat in an M4, nice but no Porsche and not worth the $80 grand. I just Saturday sat in a Z28 and even though the M is nicer not by much in my eyes, I saw the Z as a more desirable car.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 10:07 PM   #4
lmcgrew79

Drives: '17 Zl1, '16 Viper ACR, '15 CLA 45
Ive met and been on track with Billy @ Mid Ohio when he and Jack Roush Jr was testing there grand am mustangs. He also writes great articles for MOTOIQ.com Great driver and seems like a super nice guy. Ive owned 4 BMW's 3 of them being M cars. Still have a E46 m3 and just traded my E92 M3 for this Z/28. Ive tracked both M3's and they are wonderful cars,, well balanced and fun to drive. I just got the Z 3 days ago and im gonna say from the 400 miles ive put on it and what ive read its probably a much faster track car i think it is wonderfully balanced as well, some may say its a tad rough for a daily and i would probably agree with that, but that isnt what this car was built for. Im also gonna say the M3 is probably a better all around car, as in daily driver/trackcar, if you can only have one car to do both things in. Im hope to be at vir with this car next sat, to test it out before the winter sets in, and will give my opinion. My main track car for the past 3 years is a dodge viper, i hope to give it a rest for awhile, and beat on the z.
lmcgrew79 is offline   Reply With Quote