Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

View our official forum sponsors list.

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 09:01 PM   #1
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Moreno Motorsports Introdoctory July/August Promo of the New XAIR Intake

We are excited to announce the premier of the new XAIR Camaro OTR Cold Air Intake in both OEM Look Plastic and Carbon Fiber Construction.

This intake will fit 2010 - 2011 V8 LS3 models. 2012-2015 models have the newer radiator with bulge on top and approximately 40mm higher Neck/Cap as pictured so will not work with the XAIR OTR. You need to change to an aftermarket radiator. We are in the process of getting CSF to make us a radiator with the filler cap moved to the passenger side. This will radiator will have special pricing for our X-Air OTR customers. There are other radiators that will work with the X-AIR such as the AFCO in below pic on 2013 car but we are trying to bring you a more economical option. We will keep you posted.

NOTE: Testing has shown LS3 Manual Cars will run fine with no custom tune. L99 auto equipped cars have not been tested without tune so please be aware that these may trigger a check light if intake is just bolted on. We will keep you updated once more testing has been done.

Name:  2013 Camaro with AFCO Radiator (2).jpg
Views: 811
Size:  284.5 KB

Name:  Camaro OTR Carbon Front (2).jpg
Views: 651
Size:  119.0 KB

Name:  Camaro OTR Carbon Back (4).jpg
Views: 661
Size:  92.9 KB

The filter brand is Green Filter - known to be one of the best in the world (as used on World Rally Cars) and proven to flow substantially more than other brands such as K&N etc. In 99% of applications the Green Filters do not require re-oiling, simply wash with warm soapy water every standard 10,000km or 15,000km Service! Guaranteed for 100,000km! The price on the filter alone is $199.00, this is a top quality filter.

See pictures for Dyno Test Sheets as well as Videos from Independent Tuning Company Protune.

Dyno Run of Stock 2012 LS3 Manual Camaro with only Mod being Doug Thorley Cat Back Exhaust.

2012 LS3 Manual Camaro with Mods being Doug Thorley Cat Back Exhaust and XAIR Camaro OTR CAI (No Tune)

2012 LS3 Manual Camaro with Mods being Doug Thorley Cat Back Exhaust + XAIR Camaro OTR CAI + Maf In Dyno Tune.

Proven gain on a Standard Car of 30hp/15Ft-lb torque at the rear wheels on a 2012 manual LS3 Camaro over standard as a straight bolt on (No Tune)!
Fuel trims were well within factory Spec without tune so simply bolt on the OTR to get instant gains in power and torque! After an ECU Tune the Camaro made a total gain of 32kw (43hp) Power / 41Nm (31Ft-lb) Torque At The Rear Wheels over standard! That’s approximately 40kw (54hp) / 51Nm (39Ft-lb) at the Engine!!!

The main advantage over other OTRCAI 's is the Venturi effect created by the top shape of the XAIR OTR Body combined with the filter size. A massive volume of cold air from in front of the radiator is rammed/sucked straight through the filter then channeled directly up and around the curved top section creating a Venturi effect and forcing its way into the throttle body.

The XAIR OTR has the largest air filter panel on the market, the filter size is 460mm x 180mm. Extensive testing and research has proven that the larger the area, the less restriction & servicing required. This also makes them ideal for head & cam modified cars etc.

The Kit includes two silicon couplers and 4 clamps use to connect the factory MAF pipe housing. You will need to cut off the MAF pipe section from the factory air box top as this is inserted between the throttle body and OTR Intake Neck. Also included are powder coated black brackets to tilt the Radiator back and breather line extension hose. Full pictured installation instructions are included.

XAIR OTR PROVEN RESULTS & RACE CAR APPLICATION

The XAIR VE/VF/CAMARO OTR Cold Air Intake is the Control Airbox on the brand new NZV8 TLX Holden, Ford, Toyota & Nissan Race Cars as seen at the recent Pukekohe V8 Supercars ITM400. The XAIR OTR was also nominated by NZV8 Magazine for best local product at the NZ Aftermarket Industry Awards!

“EXCLUSIVE Moreno Motorsports Introductory offer for the month of July and August”

· OEM Look Plastic version: List price is $449 plus $69 S&H …….. SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PROMO PRICE ONLY $419 shipped to any of the lower 48 states!

· Carbon Fiber version: List price is $699 plus $69 S&H total $ 768…….. SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PROMO PRICE ONLY $655 shipped to any of the lower 48 states!

To Place an order, please PM us….
Full Name
  • Shipping address
  • Shipping phone number
  • E-mail address
We will email you a PayPal invoice. ETA is approx 2 to 3 weeks.

Last edited by Moreno1; 07-27-2015 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:17 PM   #2
FitterMike

Drives: Camaro
nathan I would be very interested in this however I have a maggie so I am probably sol.
Avante Garde F241 20x10 Front 20x11 Rear
Pioneer Stage 4 Sub x2, Pioneer Stage 4 3Way Components, Pioneer PRS 2 Channel ICE Amps x5
Magnuson TVS2300, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, Roto-Fab Intake
Follow me on Instagram @flawlessdetailsinc
Tuned and Built by Davenport Motorsports.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:52 PM   #3
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2018 Silverado CC
Definitely interested once you guys get the radiator stuff sorted out to work on my 2014. I'm also in if you need a test car.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:13 AM   #4
IMJ

Drives: 2012 SS LS3 | Silver Frost Metallic
Cool product. I'm really curious however, how much this thing is going to sell without the support of the 2012 - 2015 market. Especially considering most of the users who would be interested in something like this probably already have intakes (or Vararam) for their pre-'12 cars.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:32 AM   #5
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Old 07-28-2015, 08:46 AM   #6
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
Hey Nathan if this XAIR OTR doesn't work with 2012 then why does your video show a 2012 LS3 with one fitted on it already?
Old 07-28-2015, 01:41 PM   #7
IMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954camaro View Post
Hey Nathan if this XAIR OTR doesn't work with 2012 then why does your video show a 2012 LS3 with one fitted on it already?
The test cars had different radiators fitted onto them.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:15 PM   #8
blackoutVIII

Drives: 2011 2SS w/RS PKG
How is this OTR intake different from the VaraRam no tune OTR intake? What are the pros vs gain with this intake and the VaraRam? I am in the market for an intake.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:14 AM   #9
ZwartSS

Drives: All Black SS
I sent a PM but have not received a reply yet.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:18 PM   #10
Airway Monkey

Drives: 2015 2SS/1LE
Give them time...they are very busy. Have you tried email or their contact me section on their webpage? That's how I got into touch with them...

Matt
Old 08-09-2015, 04:34 PM   #11
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoutVIII View Post
How is this OTR intake different from the VaraRam no tune OTR intake? What are the pros vs gain with this intake and the VaraRam? I am in the market for an intake.
Iit’s impossible to answer about performance as no-one has done a direct comparison yet?

However XAIR runs a much larger filter and the inside of the Intake body is designed with no sharp lines along with curved outer edges to flow a large amount of smooth flowing air up and around creating a venture effect ramming cold air directly into the throttle body.

What I can tell you is guys in the GTO Forums have swapped out XAIR for Vararam and noticed a big difference in Instant Throttle Response and Acceleration…

Here are some of the links:

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716970

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=726626

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735809

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=742170

NOTE: installing the XAIR GTO (VT-VZ) OTR requires a lot more mucking around with radiator to get it to fit. GTO cars also differ quite a bit to Australian assembled Commodore hence the need to change silicon couplers etc mentioned in some of the threads.

The VE/VF (G8, Chevy SS & Camaro) OTR’s all fit up a lot easier by simply tilting the radiator back with no cutting required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZwartSS View Post
I sent a PM but have not received a reply yet.
As Matt said, we have been swamp trying to get G5.R finish for SEMA this year and have a tone of work to do.

We are almost done answering all PMs.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:42 PM   #12
IMJ

Any word on your radiator or update for the 12+ models?
Old 02-06-2016, 08:18 PM   #13
Moreno1

Dumped for the new guys.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:52 PM   #14
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
What years will this fit?

Closed Thread