Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-23-2016, 08:37 PM   #43
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 608RS View Post
only real anti-theft device is to install & hide a fuel cut-off switch somewhere in the interior.

sorry about your loss OP, hopefully they find the assholes and your car is ok.
How much do you think something like that would cost?
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:35 PM   #44
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J View Post
...damn get a gun as security
That would only work if you're there as the thieves are trying to steal the car. But if you were there, they probably wouldn't try to steal it in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrivera91 View Post
How much do you think something like that would cost?
Just a couple dollars. Not very expensive or difficult to devise a secret way to keep the car from being started. So far, no one I've handed my keys to has figured out how to start my Camaro.
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:55 PM   #45
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Quote:
Originally Posted by purkel View Post
Yesterday my White with black stripe 2012 Camaro 2SS got stolen in Walnut Creek CA.

It was parked in my work parking lot. 2 guys got dropped off, ran to the car, popped the hood, disabled the alarm, popped the door open and hotwired it. There was a witness and he said it took them less than 60 seconds.

Im really disappointed how easy it was to steal the Camaro. I expected a 2012 chevy to have better theft protection.

Im really depressed because I loved the car. It was my first brand new car that I ever bought. Not to mention, I had a bunch of personal items in the car because I am moving houses.

If anyone sees a White 2012 Camaro with black racing stripes, ZL1 side skirts, blacked out emblems, white heritage grill, please report the stolen car to the police.
Sorry for your loss , but don't even loose time and energy to find someone driving the car around
First , the guys who did it are pros , to do what they did as fast your witness says , that's not some high school drop offs that have the skills like that
It will show up at some point somewhere , well whatever left of it , and that's a fact
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 01:06 AM   #46
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE-MEAN-2SS/RS View Post
Did you have onstar because there gps can pick up where the car is also shut it down if its driven and call the police. If you did not have it but have the option of having it you could get the phone number from your dealership give them your vin number and they can locate it
Onstar, remove a couple of screws.... unplugged..... worthless. GM screwed up bigtime where they located it. It is completely useless against theft.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 01:09 AM   #47
Nor Cal ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AieaboyHI View Post
I'm gonna go buy a "club" now.
Club.... they just cut the steering wheel..... remove the club.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:52 AM   #48
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
Quote:
only real anti-theft device is to install & hide a fuel cut-off switch somewhere in the interior.
Even then some pro's have flat bed trucks and just pick up the back ens and load her up.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:59 AM   #49
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Sorry to hear it but if you own a camaro in the Bay Area better have Revelco. Best 500 I have ever spent
Old 05-24-2016, 11:31 AM   #50
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J View Post
Pros know how to disable onstar right away...If they want your car it's gone in seconds. I have read that pros are able to disable your car behind you and then steal your car after enabling it...damn get a gun as security

In Commifornia? Good luck with that.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 11:46 AM   #51
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by macwest View Post
Sorry to hear it but if you own a camaro in the Bay Area better have Revelco. Best 500 I have ever spent
What is it??
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 11:51 AM   #52
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 608RS View Post

sorry about your loss OP, hopefully they find the assholes and your car is ok.
Not really, the majority of the time I hear about stolen Camaros they are simply towed away. Nobody questions a new looking car being towed away, it just looks like it was a repo job and then the car is gone forever.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 12:00 PM   #53
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Not that this makes it impossible to steal but reading all this and having experiences of my own I just put this on yesterday. Had a friend say he could get it off in five seconds so I told him it gives me 5 more seconds to grab my glock. Anything to slow them down.
Attached Images

xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 12:15 PM   #54
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
Go for all of them.

Boot all four tires
Club,
Fuel shut off
Hidden GPS
Rotweiller in the passenger seat

That should slow them down to the point you'll be getting off work.

Sorry for your loss OP. So long as insurance pays up, I wouldn't care too much. Get something even better!

J
Old 05-24-2016, 12:18 PM   #55
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrivera91 View Post
Not that this makes it impossible to steal but reading all this and having experiences of my own I just put this on yesterday. Had a friend say he could get it off in five seconds so I told him it gives me 5 more seconds to grab my glock. Anything to slow them down.
One of the guys in our Camaro club has a tire claw, except his has a metal plate that covers the lug nuts as well.

Last edited by Low Saturn; 05-24-2016 at 11:14 PM.
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 12:26 PM   #56
Nor Cal ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
Not really, the majority of the time I hear about stolen Camaros they are simply towed away. Nobody questions a new looking car being towed away, it just looks like it was a repo job and then the car is gone forever.
Not up north. They are driven.