Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-23-2009, 09:09 AM   #71
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Look at it this way, the more rivalry the better both will be! A plus for all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Someone tell me how many of you guys on this forum drive's a camaro.
And wow, in case you didn't know they're not in production yet,,,,
Attached Images

MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:30 AM   #72
VictoryRed08

Drives: 08 Cobalt LT2,
Quote:
Someone tell me how many of you guys on this forum drive's a camaro.
Do you drive a GT500? ... No. (Just as stupid a comment as the one you just posted)

Stop pointing out what other ppl are driving on this forum, it matters not what they drive but that they share the same motivation to buy the new camaro. I drive a cobalt, omg you currently have more horsepower than i do. I intend to buy the V6 camaro, you will still have more horsepower than i do, good for you and your ford. Don't like camaros? the logout button is in the upper right hand corner of the screen, feel free to use it.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #73
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
How dare they compare the GT500 when it has 114 more HP than the Camaro SS, even though most on this forum compare the GT to it when it has 111 HP less.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:49 AM   #74
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
The new GT500 was a needed improvement to protect against utter embarassment, imo.

The old (current) GT500 was not nearly fast enough to defend a 20k+ premium over a Camaro SS. The 2010 SS will stay right on it's tail, and even beat it in some categories.............
Old 02-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #75
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
They do this kind of stuff all the time to get people's attention. I'll "take that" when Ford builds a mustang for the same price as a Camaro, that has the same horsepower.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #76
VictoryRed08

Drives: 08 Cobalt LT2,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
The new GT500 was a needed improvement to protect against utter embarassment, imo.

The old (current) GT500 was not nearly fast enough to defend a 20k+ premium over a Camaro SS. The 2010 SS will stay right on it's tail, and even beat it in some categories.............
I also found it interesting how they added 15hp (i believe they added a CAI) to the GT to make it 315hp, otherwise the the V6 would have as much as the Mustang V8 GT (tho it wouldn't be as fast because it is heavier, still a little embarrassing).
Old 02-23-2009, 11:28 AM   #77
porcupinekiller

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ#48Racing View Post
How dare they compare the GT500 when it has 114 more HP than the Camaro SS, even though most on this forum compare the GT to it when it has 111 HP less.
How dare they compare a Z06 to a F430 that costs 3 times as much!!! Oh wait a minute doesn't the Z06 out perform the F430 in most areas.
The SS Camaro will be an outstanding performance value, so who really cares if it costs less and has less power than the GT500? A little freindly competition is what stirs up the pot an gets people excited. Motortrend did just that. I for one can't wait to see some of the modded SS's out there a year from now. As a teenager back in the '70's I never thought I would see horsepower like this again on factory stock cars. It's a very cool time to be a car nut!!!
porcupinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:34 AM   #78
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Where were all these arguements when they were comparing the GT500 to the Corvette?
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:43 AM   #79
JJ#48Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Where were all these arguements when they were comparing the GT500 to the Corvette?
I know, and Motor Trend didn't even actually compare the cars. In the article all it says is that the GT500 has more power than both the camaro and challenger's top level does. I don't understand what people are getting so upset about?
Old 02-23-2009, 11:43 AM   #80
KatarHol

Drives: '04 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLSK View Post
Meh -- whatever.

The only thing that bothers me is that they are not comparing a Ford to a Chevy. They are comparing a Shelby to a Chevy.

Once the Camaro hits the street, it would be interesting for MT to compare a Shelby mustang to a Lingenfelter Camaro.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13390
That's the most ridiculous argument. The Shelby is a FORD,it's a stock Ford made at a Ford plant and sold at ANY ford dealership with a full Ford warranty. The Lingenfelter is a tuner car,the comparision to it would be a SuperSnake,another tuner car,a post-title GT500.
I think the GT500 is incredible and has performance that SS can't touch. I think the SS is the better value and will offer incredible performance for the money.
I don't know why on earth anyone cares about which is better,we need to embrace them both while they're here. I'm proud of Ford,Dodge and GM for offering these kind of cars in these anti-muscle car times.
KatarHol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:47 AM   #81
JJ#48Racing

^^ I agree, especially since the regular GT500 never even rolls into the Shelby shop. Only KR's and SuperSnakes do.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #82
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
And the boss drives a 05 Grand AM GT?
No Camaro whats up with this. oh and its front wheel drive at that. Someone stop me before i have too much fun.
What does it matter? oooh I drive a Grand Am, I must not know anything about cars . . . I shudder to think what you would have said if I was still driving that old saturn. Funny thing is, I never said anything about my car in this thread. And if you look at what I was saying I was trying to stop some nonsense about a supercharged camaro weighing 300 lbs less than the GT500. Spend more time reading posts instead of looking at what people drive.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #83
duder4thgen

Drives: Bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by azfan View Post
They do this kind of stuff all the time to get people's attention. I'll "take that" when Ford builds a mustang for the same price as a Camaro, that has the same horsepower.
+1. Motortrend puts some outlandish stuff like that on the cover, and their sales skyrocket. I think of it this way, if GM doesnt fail, then a z28 is immenant, and Ford is already having their halo car compared to the base v8 model Camaro, nevermind when our top dog comes out.
duder4thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #84
sinnerSS

Drives: 2004 mazda rx8
funny how they can take a shot at the camaro but yet not mention the article they themselves wrote online.
Attached Images