Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #71
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
OP, the difference between the ride smoothness of the LS/LT and SS are pretty minor, especially after the 2012 MY. To get an idea drive one of each and then a ZL1. The difference between the ZL1 and the others will demonstrate my point very well. In the end, only you can decide if the ride of any Camaro is to your liking so you will have to drive some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post

It's never really been a debate, it's more a delusion. Ss guys know we have what the v6's don't. I don't even know what the v6 model is because it's if no interest.

Most v6 guys want an ss
Most ss guys want a 1le
Most 1le guys want a zl1
Zl1 guys want a z/28
Z/28 buys will have several cars...and we all want that,
Do you have some facts to back this up? I'm on my second V6 and have never thought of trading for an SS (joke about it, but never gave it any serious thought). I could have paid cash for a ZL1 when I bought the last V6 and I did give that some thought, but in the end it just nice to have a unique Camaro that's all my own. It's built to do what I want to do with it and it does that VERY well.

Last edited by GretchenGotGrowl; 11-30-2013 at 09:11 AM.
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #72
Majic
Majic

Drives: 2018 1LT Black...V6
Ok..I will probably get a lot of hate but here goes....I have had both a 1LT and a 1SS....both autos. I am about to go back to a 2LT....WHY???? In my opinion an LT is a better daily driver. I get far better mileage on regular gas, it has a spare tire...I KNOW you can get a kit for the SS and I did....but why spend another $300.00....we can argue the merits but I feel more secure with a spare. The front spoiler on the SS is more likely to impact parking bumpers because it is lower. The cylinder deactivation on the L99 sucks...especially if you put aftermarket exhaust on it. I have Corsa and the 4cyl mode is awful to my ears. Sure you can tune it out...BUT...it will void SOME of your warranty if you get caught...yeah we can argue that too but it happens! certainly there is a difference in performance but the world is a lot longer than a quarter mile. With 323 hp on tap the V6 has plenty of power and more that most earlier generation Camaros. No matter what you buy there is always something faster. Sure...you can mod-away at the cost of thousands and make it a fire-breathing monster but is that really worth it....sure if your ego needs that boost....been there done that. You will never get that back at trade-in time.

In the end everyone should buy the one THEY want and enjoy it. They both have their good and bad points.

Rick
"MAJIC"
2014 2SS/RS.
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #73
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Ok..I will probably get a lot of hate but here goes....I have had both a 1LT and a 1SS....both autos. I am about to go back to a 2LT....WHY???? In my opinion an LT is a better daily driver. I get far better mileage on regular gas, it has a spare tire...I KNOW you can get a kit for the SS and I did....but why spend another $300.00....we can argue the merits but I feel more secure with a spare. The front spoiler on the SS is more likely to impact parking bumpers because it is lower. The cylinder deactivation on the L99 sucks...especially if you put aftermarket exhaust on it. I have Corsa and the 4cyl mode is awful to my ears. Sure you can tune it out...BUT...it will void SOME of your warranty if you get caught...yeah we can argue that too but it happens! certainly there is a difference in performance but the world is a lot longer than a quarter mile. With 323 hp on tap the V6 has plenty of power and more that most earlier generation Camaros. No matter what you buy there is always something faster. Sure...you can mod-away at the cost of thousands and make it a fire-breathing monster but is that really worth it....sure if your ego needs that boost....been there done that. You will never get that back at trade-in time.

In the end everyone should buy the one THEY want and enjoy it. They both have their good and bad points.
No slack...buy what works for you and enjoy it
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #74
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post

Nice truck. Do you have your Camaro pics on a Silverado forum? JJK
Old 11-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #75
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Guys, it was an opinion based off observation, just like many things on here are. So back off. I don't need to put together a list of facts to defend a post I made.

It's only MY interpretation from what I'VE read and who I'VE spoke to.

It wasn't meant to be insulting or elude to a v6 guys, or ss can't AFFORD anything. many don't buy the next model up for financial reasons, notice I say DONT and not CANT! Maybe they want a motorcycle, or to pay for kids college etc. It's a pretty common theory that not everyone can buy everything they want. People pick and choose where there money goes and that's up to them

Just like any other auto manufacturer there is a progression. Many start with a bmw 1 series and years later get a 3 series then a 4 series and so on. Your barking at me for thinking camaros have a similar progression. I'd bet a ton of money there are more guys going from a v6 to an ss than there are guys going from an ss to a v6.

It's an observation to our society not just chevy's. People naturally are drawn to things they don't have. I'll avoid the term "most", but MANY people want a bigger house, or wife's want bigger rings, or kids want cooler cloths. Whaling the next model up of a car you drive is. I different

In MY opinion some v6 guys look at the ss as the bigger house, or cooler cloths, just like the ss guys look at the zl1 the same. It has nothing to do with affordability. It's nice you could pay cash for a zl1, but really that just means you're probably to liquid and are loosing money on that 60k

And again this is my opinion, and my opinion hasn't changed because 2 guys jumped in and said they've never wanted a faster, cooler, funner car. You guys may not realize it, but you're probably the minority on that one.

You put a zl1 next to a v6 on the showroom floor with the same price on it. The v6 wouldn't have a single sale. So don't try and say moneys not tied to this is some fashion

It is hard to improve upon perfections, so I'll just let this guy respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWNERW View Post
that makes sense...no wait...
Old 11-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #76
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
And saying its out of reach isn't insulting.....it's reality. I'm not saying it's the only reason, but people do by v6's cause its a cheaper option. That's not breaking news

Everyones financial situation is different. Just because I say out of reach dont take it out of context as can't afford. Someone could have just bought a beach house with cash, guess what maybe a zl1 to them is now out of reach so they go with an ss.

Guess why I bought an ss? Because a zl1 was out of reach because I'm paying out the ass for my wife's medical treatment and couldn't justify stretching myself thin. I'm not insulted. It just gives me a reason to work hard and save a bit.

Why did I buy a chevy, cause I can't afford a Ferrari!

King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #77
Msmall143

Gents, all posts were deleted, not sure why folks are still quoting me. If it came across inproperally I apologize. No insult was intended. I was having a rough day and should have re-read and rethought about my statement(s) prior to posting.

Can't we let it go.

Last edited by Msmall143; 11-30-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #78
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:
Gents, all posts were deleted, not sure why folks are still quoting me. If it came across inproperally I apologize. No insult was intended. I was having a rough day and should have re-read and rethought about my statement(s) prior to posting.

Can't we let it go.

Some guys on here can't let anything go...they have to be the opinion police.
They can't help themselves and let others just have their opinions, without trying to over ride it with theirs. Watch...

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #79
Msmall143

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDLIFECRISIS View Post
Some guys on here can't let anything go...they have to be the opinion police.
They can't help themselves and let others just have their opinions, without trying to over ride it with theirs. Watch...
Your in fairfax as well. You getting up to coffee and cars tomorrow!
Old 11-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #80
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
Nice truck. Do you have your Camaro pics on a Silverado forum? JJK
Nice wheel. Do you have your Camaro pic on the caveman forum?
Old 11-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #81
49ersXXIX
Take me back to 1994

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS SUMMIT WHITE
Having an LT before, the SS is superior in every way. It's way smoother on the road.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #82
Dr40oz

Drives: 2014 Rubicon X
This whole thread screams troll. V6 vs V8... Auto vs Man... Such a stupid argument. Go SS if you can afford it. If you're worried about "saving " money in any way go V6. There isn't a single option better than picking the right engine from the start. I've never met a Camaro owner that has ever said their car was too much for them yet ... only "I wish I bought an SS"
Dr40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #83
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
People are going to argue the V6 vs V8 banter until the crows come home, OP:

If you like the SS's smoothness, go with an SS.

If you like the LT's smoothness, go with the LT.

Test drive both, if performance really isn't a deciding factor for you then it's going to come down to personal feel. If you do get the LT and decide later you want more power, then trade up. It's your money. Neither of the cars are going to beat say a luxury vehicle in terms of smoothness, they're designed to take the road hard, but both are extremely fun to drive.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #84
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Nice wheel. Do you have your Camaro pic on the caveman forum?
Thanks
No, not yet. I'll check into that.