FRANK121

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
So tuned or not or nobody knows yet?
Never been Dynoed
FRANK121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 05:12 PM   #72
Phil zl1

Drives: 2022 zl1
Got mine last week and i am in Montreal Canada.10 speed black .
Phil zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 05:49 PM   #73
MightyBobo

Drives: 2022 VOM 2SS 1LE M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
ZL1 is constrained right now, I inquired non-specifically about my order but about allocations JoeP is getting.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...5251&page=4433

See post 62060
Just for future reference, it's better to copy the link circled in the top right corner, because people like me have changed how many posts are displayed per page - I only have ~1500 pages, versus your 4433 in your link ;-)

That link will take you right to your post regardless of the number of pages.
Attached Images

MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 10:18 PM   #74
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Drives: indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
ordered a ZLE yesterday, dealer expecting Feb build/March delivery.

will update if anything changes, otherwise see you after Snowmageddon '22.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
ZL1 is constrained right now, I inquired non-specifically about my order but about allocations JoeP is getting.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...5251&page=4433

See post 62060
indeed it did turn out to be so I kept the order as a regular zl1 and happened to pick up a GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack car with painted stripes to satisfy my need for unbearable suspension. Hopefully no fights break out in the garage.
Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 08:33 AM   #75
DadVibes

Drives: GMC 1500 Denali
Is there a current consensus on actual wait time for new orders w/o PDR?

I've spoken to 2 dealers. Both of them have told me it's a minimum 9 month wait, at this point. With PDR equipped vehicles not showing up until 2023.

We're coming into the cold of winter, so a ~4-5 month wait would be perfectly fine. But 9 months out, I'd get the car with just enough time to break it in before having to store it in the garage for the winter. Meaning I wouldn't be able to actually enjoy the car until 2023.

The real shame is that one of the dealers near me has a 2022 in the showroom, specced pretty much exactly the way I'd love to build mine (non-1LE, no sunroof, 6-speed, PDR, exposed carbon) but with one major caveat... it's Rapid Blue. The dealer said they'd sell it to me for MSRP (removing their obnoxious $6k markup). I seriously considered it for a few days but in the end, that color is just too flashy for me.

Anyway, I'm just trying to get input from those who've gone through the ordering/delivery process recently or potentially from others with knowledgeable insight on whether or not it's worth placing an order with the hope that the car potentially shows up by May (over 5 months from now).
DadVibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 08:37 AM   #76
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DadVibes View Post

I've spoken to 2 dealers. Both of them have told me it's a minimum 9 month wait, at this point. With PDR equipped vehicles not showing up until 2023.

We're coming into the cold of winter, so a ~4-5 month wait would be perfectly fine. But 9 months out, I'd get the car with just enough time to break it in before having to store it in the garage for the winter. Meaning I wouldn't be able to actually enjoy the car until 2023.

The real shame is that one of the dealers near me has a 2022 in the showroom, specced pretty much exactly the way I'd love to build mine (non-1LE, no sunroof, 6-speed, PDR, exposed carbon) but with one major caveat... it's Rapid Blue. The dealer said they'd sell it to me for MSRP (removing their obnoxious $6k markup). I seriously considered it for a few days but in the end, that color is just too flashy for me.

Anyway, I'm just trying to get input from those who've gone through the ordering/delivery process recently or potentially from others with knowledgeable insight on whether or not it's worth placing an order with the hope that the car potentially shows up by May (over 5 months from now).

9 months for non PDR and over a year for PDR? Wow I haven’t heard anything like this so I’m hoping your sales guy is bsing… I’m good with summer delivery but 2023? Wow
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 09:09 AM   #77
MightyBobo

Drives: 2022 VOM 2SS 1LE M6 Camaro
What color are you looking for exactly? I found quite a few like what you're looking for using Chevrolet's own inventory searching tool.

9 months also sounds like "we have no idea how long, so we're going to make this number up" to me.

I'd find something pretty close anywhere in the country and just get it shipped...

Quote:

20211120 - 1100 --- 20211207 - 2500
20211208 - 3000 (TPW: was 20220103, now 20220124)
20211220 - 3400 (TPW: 20220110)
20220114 - 3800 --- 20220122 - 4300 (1LE Wrap Shuffle)
20220125 - 4B00 --- 20220129 - 4200 (Shipped! ETA: 20220223)
20220212 - 4800 --- 20220216 - 6000!

2024 Silverado EV RST First Edition on reserve, as well.
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 09:14 AM   #78
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:

lol, that's pretty funny as I literally just clicked "cancel" on my inquiry of the exact same car (Emrich Chevrolet right?). I saw a $10,000 markup on their website and I figured I'd inquire and once they found out that I'd be trading in an SS Sedan, that they would get rid of that ridiculous markup. Then I looked at the color, and clicked "Cancel". I'm perfectly ok with waiting for the one that I specifically ordered. I am going to wait until March (dealership said 3 months) and then I may just say fuggedaboutit.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 09:48 AM   #79
DadVibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
What color are you looking for exactly? I found quite a few like what you're looking for using Chevrolet's own inventory searching tool.

9 months also sounds like "we have no idea how long, so we're going to make this number up" to me.

I'd find something pretty close anywhere in the country and just get it shipped...

The ideal color would be Riverside Blue Metallic. I'm also partial to Satin Steel Metallic or Shadow Gray Metallic. But I seem to ALWAYS buy silver/gray cars.

I think the dealer was trying to say whatever they had to, in an effort to get me to buy the Rapid Blue. The other dealer is great and it's where I bought my truck earlier this year. But they are pretty strictly focused on trucks/SUV's, so I don't think they have a good sense of actual wait times on a Camaro. Maybe an in person visit to discuss things would make it more clear.

I'm not opposed to having one shipped in. I've just never done something like that because I've seen/heard horror stories of cars getting damaged in transit and since you already made the purchase, you're SOL and have to deal with it yourself. With a custom order, I can at least inspect the car at the dealer, before signing the final paperwork. But maybe my mindset on that is skewed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
lol, that's pretty funny as I literally just clicked "cancel" on my inquiry of the exact same car (Emrich Chevrolet right?). I saw a $10,000 markup on their website and I figured I'd inquire and once they found out that I'd be trading in an SS Sedan, that they would get rid of that ridiculous markup. Then I looked at the color, and clicked "Cancel". I'm perfectly ok with waiting for the one that I specifically ordered. I am going to wait until March (dealership said 3 months) and then I may just say fuggedaboutit.
Yep. That's the one!

They didn't put up much of a fuss about getting rid of the markup. My guess is they're realizing they are going to have a tough time selling it in that color, unless they find the perfect buyer. I'm really not that picky and I flat out told them if it was Satin Steel Metallic, Shadow Gray Metallic, Riverside Blue Metallic, or even Red Hot, I'd have already signed the paperwork. It's a shame.

If the realistic wait time is really 3-4 months, then I'm happy to place an order.
Old 12-14-2021, 02:02 PM   #80
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
The ideal color would be Riverside Blue Metallic. I'm also partial to Satin Steel Metallic or Shadow Gray Metallic. But I seem to ALWAYS buy silver/gray cars.

I think the dealer was trying to say whatever they had to, in an effort to get me to buy the Rapid Blue. The other dealer is great and it's where I bought my truck earlier this year. But they are pretty strictly focused on trucks/SUV's, so I don't think they have a good sense of actual wait times on a Camaro. Maybe an in person visit to discuss things would make it more clear.

I'm not opposed to having one shipped in. I've just never done something like that because I've seen/heard horror stories of cars getting damaged in transit and since you already made the purchase, you're SOL and have to deal with it yourself. With a custom order, I can at least inspect the car at the dealer, before signing the final paperwork. But maybe my mindset on that is skewed.

Yep. That's the one!

They didn't put up much of a fuss about getting rid of the markup. My guess is they're realizing they are going to have a tough time selling it in that color, unless they find the perfect buyer. I'm really not that picky and I flat out told them if it was Satin Steel Metallic, Shadow Gray Metallic, Riverside Blue Metallic, or even Red Hot, I'd have already signed the paperwork. It's a shame.

If the realistic wait time is really 3-4 months, then I'm happy to place an order.

I have to be honest, the look is a little better based on the picture he sent me (for some reason I clicked "Cancel" on the inquiry request but they still captured my information so I figured I'd see what he said), but I would rather get what I want if I'm paying what they're asking. Oh and on top of that, it's sitting in their showroom, so that means every jackhole and their fatarze has plopped down on the seats. I bought a truck a few months ago that was in the showroom floor, and it had grubby finger prints all over the place. This was even after it went though their "make-ready".
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2021, 02:56 PM   #81
DadVibes

Quote:
I have to be honest, the look is a little better based on the picture he sent me (for some reason I clicked "Cancel" on the inquiry request but they still captured my information so I figured I'd see what he said), but I would rather get what I want if I'm paying what they're asking. Oh and on top of that, it's sitting in their showroom, so that means every jackhole and their fatarze has plopped down on the seats. I bought a truck a few months ago that was in the showroom floor, and it had grubby finger prints all over the place. This was even after it went though their "make-ready".
My gripe with the color is that it varies so drastically depending on lighting conditions. In direct sun light it looks super washed out and dull, hiding all the lines. Almost cartoonish...

At night, it looks a bit better...

It's too over the top for me, regardless. When I showed my wife a couple pictures of it she asked if I was having an early mid-life crisis and if I was trying to be in the Fast & Furious.

And I'm with you. When I sat in it in the showroom, the paper carpet protector was turning brown and ripped up. They've definitely allowed a lot of people to sit in it. I also noticed it already had a rock chip on the top edge of the front bumper, despite only having 6 miles on the ODO. I'm one to always get full front PPF done the second I buy a new car, so this was another huge turn off.

That said, the salesman I was working with (AJ) has texted me 3 times in the last 2 days asking if I was interested in coming in to close the deal. I suspect they are getting desperate and latching onto anyone who shows even the slightest interest. I don't think it's unreasonable to think someone could snag this one for a couple grand under MSRP, if you can live with the color.

Personally, I've decided that I'm going to go back to the dealer where I bought my truck (King GMC / Chevrolet in Longmont) sometime this week and try to put an order in for one in Riverside Blue Metallic. They're much closer to me and were a pleasure to work with. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited by DadVibes; 12-14-2021 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-14-2021, 03:35 PM   #82
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
My gripe with the color is that it varies so drastically depending on lighting conditions. In direct sun light it looks super washed out and dull, hiding all the lines. Almost cartoonish...

At night, it looks a bit better...

It's too over the top for me, regardless. When I showed my wife a couple pictures of it she asked if I was having an early mid-life crisis and if I was trying to be in the Fast & Furious.

And I'm with you. When I sat in it in the showroom, the paper carpet protector was turning brown and ripped up. They've definitely allowed a lot of people to sit in it. I also noticed it already had a rock chip on the top edge of the front bumper, despite only having 6 miles on the ODO. I'm one to always get full front PPF done the second I buy a new car, so this was another huge turn off.

That said, the salesman I was working with (AJ) has texted me 3 times in the last 2 days asking if I was interested in coming in to close the deal. I suspect they are getting desperate and latching onto anyone who shows even the slightest interest. I don't think it's unreasonable to think someone could snag this one for a couple grand under MSRP, if you can live with the color.

Personally, I've decided that I'm going to go back to the dealer where I bought my truck (King GMC / Chevrolet in Longmont) sometime this week and try to put an order in for one in Riverside Blue Metallic. They're much closer to me and were a pleasure to work with. We'll see how it goes.

I'm leaning towards the Wild Cherry, which I hate posting but I did see one in Florida, although it might be spoken for. When he sent me the picture of the ZL1, I returned a picture of my SS Sedan to show him what I was looking to trade in (I figured 2 could play at that game ), which I suspect why he contacted me so quickly. I figure me using my SS as trade bait may make it easier for a dealership to do business with me as they'll have a strong used car that they can mark up to crazy prices. Hell, I came close to asking the dealership where I ordered my ZL1 if they wanted to put my SS on their lot if anything to draw in some people as I'm sure it would get some inquiries.

I think I'll just post my SS online for now and see if I can maximize the price for it while I wait the 3 months that the dealership promised me.

Oh and are you looking for a manual or an automatic?
Old 12-14-2021, 04:08 PM   #83
Xlr8ion

Drives: 2013 Cayenne GTS
I am looking for a RAPID BLUE 1LE can anybody help with one in stock????
Xlr8ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 04:19 PM   #84
DadVibes

Quote:

Oh and are you looking for a manual or an automatic?
Strictly manual for me.