Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #29
TAZMNDEVIL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
My friend and I took both of ours in to have them checked out today. Guess what? Parts are on order and I will be scheduling an appointment next week to have the axle seals, axle nuts etc ... changed out. They were very close-hold on giving out the bulletin number as theirs is not the PI0137C as mentioned here.

They also found some seepage from the oil pan gasket and that is being replaced as well. Not leaking enough to drop on the ground but it was blowing back onto the pan. Check to see if you have oil residue on your pans and get the gasket replaced while you are still under warranty.
TAZMNDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #30
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZMNDEVIL View Post
My friend and I took both of ours in to have them checked out today. Guess what? Parts are on order and I will be scheduling an appointment next week to have the axle seals, axle nuts etc ... changed out. They were very close-hold on giving out the bulletin number as theirs is not the PI0137C as mentioned here.

They also found some seepage from the oil pan gasket and that is being replaced as well. Not leaking enough to drop on the ground but it was blowing back onto the pan. Check to see if you have oil residue on your pans and get the gasket replaced while you are still under warranty.
Samething they did to mine. axle nuts seals and some other things
Old 07-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #31
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZMNDEVIL View Post

Please let us know how your service appointment goes once the parts are available to repair your vehicle.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #32
JDV500

Drives: 2012 SS, M6, White.
Took my 2012 ss in to the dealer this morning with 1900 miles on it for the noise coming from the rear end, when i back out of the driveway.
3 hours later they get me from the waiting room and took me to the rental car place and gave me a stinking impala, it will be 5 days to get the parts from michigan they said and that they don't advise me to drive the car.
They said the bulletin calls for 2 types of fluids and some seals to correct the issue. What the heck am i going to do with a friggen impala....
JDV500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:19 PM   #33
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDV500 View Post
What the heck am i going to do with a friggen impala....
I can think of several things to do with a rented Impala.

-Funk
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #34
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDV500 View Post
Took my 2012 ss in to the dealer this morning with 1900 miles on it for the noise coming from the rear end, when i back out of the driveway.
3 hours later they get me from the waiting room and took me to the rental car place and gave me a stinking impala, it will be 5 days to get the parts from michigan they said and that they don't advise me to drive the car.
They said the bulletin calls for 2 types of fluids and some seals to correct the issue. What the heck am i going to do with a friggen impala....
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this issue so far. To assist, I could keep in contact the dealer to follow the progress of these repairs if you'd like. If you would please message me your name, VIN, involved dealership, address, and phone number.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Ashley (Assisting Brandon)
Old 08-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #35
Tossuniam

Drives: 2011 Camaro 6.2 V8 2SS
My car is back from the dealer. They have only put the additive in the differential. No parts changed. Noise has gone but I am afraid it will come back.
Tossuniam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #36
JDV500

Drives: 2012 SS, M6, White.
Dealer called, got my car back today after they had it for 3 days, awaiting the parts to come in from mich.. They replaced seals and added two types of diff fluids. no charge and they could'nt care less if the rental impala was brought back with a full tank or not, but it was.

The car drives great, no noises whatsoever, anywhere.. Glad to have this behind me now... we're good to go.

Thanks, ashley/ brandon.
JDV500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #37
SirZeusor

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
thanks for the TSB #

I have the same issue among MANY others.

Problem is GM customer service has a hard time following directions.
They at this point can't tell the difference between time zones and when and when not to call.
when you cll them back to verify they can't even verify the last conversation with the service request numbers.

this is sad

And I am having doubts about the location of the CS center.
I don't think its in USA.

Anyone know?
SirZeusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #38
ragtop11

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
Came accross this post yesterday and started reading on the rear axle chatter, didn't even know anything about it till I saw this, went out this morning and checked mine all I have so far is a slight chatter when turning left when vehicle is cold, once warmed up no problem.
Went to my dealer this morning told them about my slight chatter and gave them this number (PI0137C) they ordered the parts, should be in 3 to 5 bussiness days,
said might as well get it repaired now as it will not get any better.
Good dealership, no hassel. GM should have a recall on this.
All I can say is that this is a great forum, sure learn alot.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #39
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Guess I better take mine in, it's been making that noise since it was new and I'm at 2300 miles.
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #40
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Well I took it in and the parts are on order for the new seals and the fluid replacement.

I also got a Impala to drive around while it's in the shop....
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:41 AM   #41
ragtop11

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
jaysonstuart
good to hear that your parts are on order and you will be getting it repaired.
thanks to this site, I'm in the proccess of getting mine taken care of, just waiting on the seals.
Didn't even knew I had the problem till I came accross this post, checked my car out, sure enough it was making axle noise.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #42
Beave

Drives: 2014 RRM 2SS/RS LS3
I find it strange that none of the dealers have the parts in stock. They had to order my parts as well it took a week to get the parts and another week for the apointment because the only guy in the shop that knows how to do the service was on vacation. However they performed the service and everything has been great no more noise. It may just be between my ears, but I think the car drives better, more responsive power transfer to the rear wheels.
Beave is offline   Reply With Quote