Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #15
Witchdoctor92

Drives: 2012 1SS Black with white rally str
Maybe they were running with the scissors and realized how dangerous that was and then they threw the scissors away to get them gone as quick as possible and your car just happened to be there. I kid, I kid. Sorry to hear. People suck.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #16
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Maybe it was Edward Scissorhands and he was chewing his nails and spit one out the window.
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #17
04goatgirl

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
People don't even have to do anything to me and they get on my nerves, so I can only imagine how you feel. :(
04goatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #18
paul44

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by My45thAnniversaryCamaro View Post
It's so annoying because I try so hard to keep my car in good condition but other people just don't care for other people's possessions, I have 3 door dents, got keyed(thankfully it wasn't bad), and then the damn scissors
I know exactly how angry you feel. The scissors incident just reinsures something that has already been stated in this thread: people suck! I know how bad it feels when you take so much care of your car, and people are just looking for a way to damage your well-kept possession. Most of the time, this will be people who are jealous because they will never be able to own something as nice as a Camaro. I don't mean to jack your thread, but I do feel the need to share a small experience I had yesterday similar to yours. I made the huge mistake of taking my Camaro to the mall. The parking is all underground and was pretty much empty. Of course, as in any other mall, the area next to the entries is where you will find many cars parked, which is why I parked as far away from the door as I could. Behind me, there were 5 empty rows, each having the capacity to park 20 cars. In front of me, there were 4 empty rows. My car was pretty much in the middle of a 40 empty-space diameter area, and it was the only one. I made sure to park next to a column. When I came back, I was surprised to find a Volkswagen Beetle parked next to my car. As I approached my car, I noticed the Beetle was over the dividing line, and part of the car was parked in my spot. The distance between my car and the Beetle was no bigger than 30cm. As I got closer, I found the "human" driver of the Beetle had intentionally opened the driver's door in such a way that it left a mark on my car. Name:  IMG_4400.jpg
Views: 1305
Size:  156.9 KB
Now this was intentional. Why? Because there were at least over 100 empty spots around my car where he/she (it?) could've parked. This just takes hatred to another new level.
Sorry for the long post, but I didn't think it was necessary to start another parking thread, and wanted to share my experience.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #19
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul44 View Post
I know exactly how angry you feel. The scissors incident just reinsures something that has already been stated in this thread: people suck! I know how bad it feels when you take so much care of your car, and people are just looking for a way to damage your well-kept possession. Most of the time, this will be people who are jealous because they will never be able to own something as nice as a Camaro. I don't mean to jack your thread, but I do feel the need to share a small experience I had yesterday similar to yours. I made the huge mistake of taking my Camaro to the mall. The parking is all underground and was pretty much empty. Of course, as in any other mall, the area next to the entries is where you will find many cars parked, which is why I parked as far away from the door as I could. Behind me, there were 5 empty rows, each having the capacity to park 20 cars. In front of me, there were 4 empty rows. My car was pretty much in the middle of a 40 empty-space diameter area, and it was the only one. I made sure to park next to a column. When I came back, I was surprised to find a Volkswagen Beetle parked next to my car. As I approached my car, I noticed the Beetle was over the dividing line, and part of the car was parked in my spot. The distance between my car and the Beetle was no bigger than 30cm. As I got closer, I found the "human" driver of the Beetle had intentionally opened the driver's door in such a way that it left a mark on my car. Attachment 557061
Now this was intentional. Why? Because there were at least over 100 empty spots around my car where he/she (it?) could've parked. This just takes hatred to another new level.
Sorry for the long post, but I didn't think it was necessary to start another parking thread, and wanted to share my experience.
I would have pulled away and stopped. Got out and then kicked the door in on the beetle.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #20
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul44 View Post
I know exactly how angry you feel. The scissors incident just reinsures something that has already been stated in this thread: people suck! I know how bad it feels when you take so much care of your car, and people are just looking for a way to damage your well-kept possession. Most of the time, this will be people who are jealous because they will never be able to own something as nice as a Camaro. I don't mean to jack your thread, but I do feel the need to share a small experience I had yesterday similar to yours. I made the huge mistake of taking my Camaro to the mall. The parking is all underground and was pretty much empty. Of course, as in any other mall, the area next to the entries is where you will find many cars parked, which is why I parked as far away from the door as I could. Behind me, there were 5 empty rows, each having the capacity to park 20 cars. In front of me, there were 4 empty rows. My car was pretty much in the middle of a 40 empty-space diameter area, and it was the only one. I made sure to park next to a column. When I came back, I was surprised to find a Volkswagen Beetle parked next to my car. As I approached my car, I noticed the Beetle was over the dividing line, and part of the car was parked in my spot. The distance between my car and the Beetle was no bigger than 30cm. As I got closer, I found the "human" driver of the Beetle had intentionally opened the driver's door in such a way that it left a mark on my car. Attachment 557061
Did the beetle door have damage or paint missing / your door paint on their car?. Did you wait until the driver came to his/her car? I would of waited and confronted them. Sucks to have this happen to you. Yep people sure do suck big time.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #21
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Honestly being completely serious. If I saw someone open their door on my car. I'd lean back on mine. And just give their door one giant kick with my toe shoes to leave an imprint on their car as a good **** you and drive away.
Knockoutpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #22
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Sorry to hear about this stuff. I too experienced this type of mindless destruction and feel your pain...

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #23
Warpaint69

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
Man, and I thought a coworker rubbing her hand on my driver quarter was bad.
Warpaint69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #24
paul44

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_warrior View Post
Did the beetle door have damage or paint missing / your door paint on their car?. Did you wait until the driver came to his/her car? I would of waited and confronted them. Sucks to have this happen to you. Yep people sure do suck big time.
Yes it had damage on the door's edge. No I didn't wait until the driver came out, although I regret that!
Old 09-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #25
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
There are certain places I can't drive or park my Camaro, just the way of the world today. Sad but true.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #26
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
OP, I see you live in Kalifornia. I'm sorry...
Attached Images

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #27
blk13SS

Drives: '13 1SS LS3 '05 Neon SRT-4
OP someone doesn't like you...

Most of us who care for our cars have gone through similar problems as yours (except for the scissors thing, that's just retarded). Within a week of buying my SS I already had one door ding. I have learned to not make a big deal about them if I never catch the perpetrator. One day though, I went to Sports Authority and I parked in a corner as close as I could to the curb so I could leave plenty of space between the next parking spot and my car. When I parked there was no one parked in the next spot. When I walked out there was a white Civic sedan parked right on the line and a little too close to my car. When I came up to my car I saw a fresh new ding on my door. So I did what any responsible human Bering would do, I keyed the $hi+ out of his car. Now next time he'll know better than to park too close to people and hit their cars.
2013 1SS LS3/Cold Air Inductions/VMAX ported tb/TSP 1 7/8 LTs and xpipe/factory NPP axleback/BTR stg 3 cam kit/ZL1 injectors/3.91 gears/MGW sts/DSS carbon fiber driveshaft/DSS 1000hp axles/BMR LCAs & adj. toe rods/DSMLIGHTS E85 dyno tune 454/427 running out fuel. ZL1 fuel pump, McLeod twin disk, and retune coming soon!
blk13SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #28
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Remember, half the world is below average in intelligence. Most if them do not drive Camaros. (Well, some do)
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote