Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-02-2016, 02:11 PM   #29
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Custom Pistons for LFX V-6

Just got off the phone with Diamond... Not sure how or why someone got a price quote of $1500 for a set???

Here's what they would do for me:

1 set: $1275.00

3 sets: $1200.00 per set

5 sets: $1050.00 per set

Prices do not include shipping, They told me that I would have to have ALL of the pistons sent to one location to get the discount (ie: sent to me), and I would have to disperse them to the individuals from here. Figure around $15-20 for shipping on each set from me to you.

This is for Trent's exact piston, have to order all the same piston to get the discount, no mix and match. The price includes Pistons, Wrist pins, and Rings.

So that's what I can do. The price isn't bad for 5 sets, that's a decent savings, 3 sets pricing, not as great, but still better than nothing.

IF you guys want me to do this, I would need the $ for your pistons up front before I place the order.

The guy also said that Jan 1 they will be having a price increase, so to get this pricing we need to place the order before Dec 31, otherwise the price will change and go up.

Also strange that mikeiser got quoted $1100.00? I'm starting to wonder if it depends on the salesman that you talk to? Maybe they can make commission, and it depends on how much money they feel like making that day? Very strange how three different people contact them and they give three different prices. Prices above are the dead cost that the guy told me on the phone they are not inflated.

I also asked about a discount at 10 sets. The guy said that the price would be the same as for 5 sets, no additional discount available after five sets.

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 12-02-2016 at 03:22 PM.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:06 PM   #30
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Damn ill have to make a discussion very soon.....I wanted to wait for Justin and also wanted to do some interior work and get the RPM 6pt rollbar....Justin I need to know what you are doing over at BCS!!

Jason how many people have committed to the group buy so far?
Old 12-29-2016, 06:14 PM   #31
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
Jason how many people have committed to the group buy so far?
2 people interested currently. I'll leave it up to you guys to keep track and when there is 5 people set in stone that want them, i'll collect the cash and make the order.

I felt kinda bad about the rod deal as a some of the guys that paid in full or just the deposit right away had to wait 2-2.5 months for the others to get on board before the order was placed. Basically paid for something 4-5 months before getting it. That's not too cool, but everyone was patient and in the end all is well...

If anyone is interested and has, or will have funds ready to go by the time 3 or 5 people are on board feel free to post. Obviously it makes the most since to get 5 people to get a decent discount.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:22 PM   #32
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
2 people interested currently. I'll leave it up to you guys to keep track and when there is 5 people set in stone that want them, i'll collect the cash and make the order.

I felt kinda bad about the rod deal as a some of the guys that paid in full or just the deposit right away had to wait 2-2.5 months for the others to get on board before the order was placed. Basically paid for something 4-5 months before getting it. That's not too cool, but everyone was patient and in the end all is well...

If anyone is interested and has, or will have funds ready to go by the time 3 or 5 people are on board feel free to post. Obviously it makes the most since to get 5 people to get a decent discount.
Since Justin is letting me down right now and I have the funds (albeit barely) I can commit if we get to the 5 person discount.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:31 PM   #33
Jason@JacFab

That would tentatively make 3 interested. The other two I've talked to said they were going to have to wait until after the new year though.

I'll have to call again in a couple weeks to get new pricing as they told me the prices were going to go up after the new year.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:23 PM   #34
Mikeiser

Drives: 2015 Colorado v6 LFX
I'll definitely be on board after taxes are done.
Mikeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:08 PM   #35
djcolopi

Jason any update on the new prices from Diamond?
Old 01-17-2017, 02:06 PM   #36
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
Jason any update on the new prices from Diamond?
Current pricing as of today, includes rings, and wrist pins:

1 set : 1305.00
3 set : 1230.00
5 set : 1082.00

Again, as a reminder, they said I would have to have all of the pistons shipped to, and I would have to disperse the individual kits from here. I would need all funds up front from everyone before placing the order. Prices do not include shipping from me to you, figure $15-20 extra for that.

Lead time once the order is placed is 2.5-3 weeks. Figure 4-5 before you receive them from me as they have to come to me first, I'll have to repackage, etc.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:30 PM   #37
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Current pricing as of today, includes rings, and wrist pins:

1 set : 1305.00
3 set : 1230.00
5 set : 1082.00

Again, as a reminder, they said I would have to have all of the pistons shipped to, and I would have to disperse the individual kits from here. I would need all funds up front from everyone before placing the order. Prices do not include shipping from me to you, figure $15-20 extra for that.

Lead time once the order is placed is 2.5-3 weeks. Figure 4-5 before you receive them from me as they have to come to me first, I'll have to repackage, etc.
Thanks for the update Jason! Prices did not go up like I expected, I was worried we would see a substantial price increase; ie $100+
Old 03-08-2017, 07:41 PM   #38
djcolopi

Okay people, Camaro Fest VII is getting closer, if we want to get this group buy going we should do it within the next 3-4 weeks. These forged pistons are vital for my build and every penny saved will help as I scramble to finish my build.

I need at least two other people; however, it would be nice if we could get 4 people in addition to myself committed.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:04 AM   #39
Mikeiser

I'm definitely going to, but i was going to wait to have my block measured. 52k miles, I guess it wouldn't hurt to go off a scan of a stock piston, but I'm worried about excessive blowby.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:59 AM   #40
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
how much boost should they handle
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:15 PM   #41
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
how much boost should they handle
Should be able to handle more power than the transmission and driveline can handle stock. Trent is making 20lbs boost on just forged internals and spraying meth.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:09 PM   #42
Mikeiser

I assume his are 4032 Forged Aluminium?

What kind of coating are we looking at for a group buy?
Also, stock piston is tapered at the pin boss to fit the taper on the ConRod small end. We'll need no taper at the pin boss.

Edit: 10.5:1? or 10:1?