Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-02-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
Uneducated Guess
'12 ZL1 #742

Drives: his wife crazy
GM Inside News: ZL1 first drive

Another exceptional write up on the ZL1 from VIR.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...ro-zl1-109210/

For those that will be keeping their current Camaro, I found this pretty interesting.
Quote:
Attention drag racers: they are even thinking of offering the 14 bolt rear end, axle shafts, and drive shaft as a package you can order from your dealer to upgrade your non-ZL1 Camaro to take the abuse of some brutal launches.
And for those waiting on the Z28
Quote:
When asked about the ZL1 versus Z28 issue, we asked if it was possible for a Z28 model to show up since the Z28 badge and Camaro have been together since pretty much the beginning. That question was greeted with a big smile and a bit of a chuckle, reiterating that they are still not done with this Camaro.

Last edited by Uneducated Guess; 03-02-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Uneducated Guess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:20 AM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Cool read!!! They really caught the key points of the ZL1.

I find it revealing that even those people who've had mishaps in the car....Still Like It: A Lot!

I want to say they were there the same day as us?....I do remember hearing about a car that did a series of spins - I think I ended up in it afterwards, as a matter of fact - once it was cleared for duty...
Old 03-02-2012, 04:40 AM   #3
Uneducated Guess
'12 ZL1 #742

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Cool read!!! They really caught the key points of the ZL1.

I find it revealing that even those people who've had mishaps in the car....Still Like It: A Lot!

I want to say they were there the same day as us?....I do remember hearing about a car that did a series of spins - I think I ended up in it afterwards, as a matter of fact - once it was cleared for duty...
I definitely enjoyed reading your write up more. Yours is passionate and detailed to point of capturing the imagination of the reader and making them feel as if they were in the car with you. This one seems to be more from a technical standpoint. Both are excellent reads.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Like the idea of offering the diff, axles and shaft to the non-ZL1 from the dealer....

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Good read - not as good as Joe's, though It wasn't as flowing, if you will. Joe's pic's were better, too

It was still a really good read though

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uneducated Guess View Post
Another exceptional write up on the ZL1 from VIR.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...ro-zl1-109210/

For those that will be keeping their current Camaro, I found this pretty interesting.

And for those waiting on the Z28
We also asked him where Camaro's design goes from here and can we expect a sixth generation to wear a more corporate dual-port shield style grille, and his reply was "Not as long as I am around."

THANK GOD!!!!!!
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #7
BigAls87Z28

Drives: 1972 Camaro RS
Thanks for the kind words guys.
Joe, read through most of yours, very good stuff man. I'll have to go back and read the rest. We did meet briefly outside the hotel on the deck with yourself and Chris.
Congrats on your purchase, good luck with the new car.

1987 Camaro Z28: Cammed LS1/4L60E, 9 bolt rear, C4 HD front brakes, Bilstein struts/shocks, BMR lower control arms, panhard bar, Sphon torque arm, gunmetal ZR1's on all 4 corners.

2009 Malibu LT: Daily
BigAls87Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:31 AM   #8
Uneducated Guess
'12 ZL1 #742

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Joe, read through most of yours, very good stuff man. I'll have to go back and read the rest. We did meet briefly outside the hotel on the deck with yourself and Chris.

Really enjoyed your article. Had I known you were going to read this thread, I'd have been a little more complimentary.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:20 AM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
*grins and chuckles* ...

*edit"
Fenstick ... I'm disappointed that you didn't tell us about this article on your site. Although I'm sure it would have been here in minutes if it dealt with a Buick ...
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:22 AM   #10
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
Great writeup!
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #11
BigAls87Z28

Drives: 1972 Camaro RS
Quote:

Really enjoyed your article. Had I known you were going to read this thread, I'd have been a little more complimentary.
Trust me, I much prefer to hear how I can improve my writing than those who just are in it for the pictures.

It was a long time coming for me. From January 6th, 2006 to that day, it was a long long journey, but I have enjoyed every part of the Camaro ride. I love this car, despite its faults.

1987 Camaro Z28: Cammed LS1/4L60E, 9 bolt rear, C4 HD front brakes, Bilstein struts/shocks, BMR lower control arms, panhard bar, Sphon torque arm, gunmetal ZR1's on all 4 corners.

2009 Malibu LT: Daily
BigAls87Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #12
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
*grins and chuckles* ...

*edit"
Fenstick ... I'm disappointed that you didn't tell us about this article on your site. Although I'm sure it would have been here in minutes if it dealt with a Buick ...
lulz.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #13
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
I definitely enjoyed reading your write up more. Yours is passionate and detailed to point of capturing the imagination of the reader and making them feel as if they were in the car with you. This one seems to be more from a technical standpoint. Both are excellent reads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Good read - not as good as Joe's, though It wasn't as flowing, if you will. Joe's pic's were better, too

It was still a really good read though

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Ah, yeah!! I remember that, now! So much going on that weekend.

It was good to meet you!