Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 07-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
TUNE QUESTION

2012 ss auto. stock, am i on right track here waiting on a tune until i get hopefully the new vararam intake, "tuned" version then my tune? ..or get tune first then intake?
whats the proceedure i guess is what i need to know..
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
huitt06

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
tune after but why not make the tune worth while and get some headers?
Old 07-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
2012 ss auto. stock, am i on right track here waiting on a tune until i get hopefully the new vararam intake, "tuned" version then my tune? ..or get tune first then intake?
Go with the No tune version, better Driveability for street use, and will make the same power.

A tune will wake up your car for sure.

I offer our JRE Street Package which consists of CAI SCT Tuner LT headers with Cats and a FREE Custom Tune to make it all ROCK!

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
rydahog

ok will keep this info for my records as this will be mostly a street car, approx 1-2 times a yr at track for giggles is all,,,nothing serious..thanks all for reply
Old 07-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
TBGreen40

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS
Just making sure ya know that any tune will void your powertrain warranty.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #6
rydahog

thanks TBG...i know,.but i get this weird thought in my head that these motors are pretty strong,,especially for someone like me who does not beat on it regularly..most times a street car..so a tune MAY or MAY not LOL be in my future..but i am in not rush. thanks all for comments...
Old 07-31-2012, 11:34 AM   #7
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
Remember Pete, I tuned my car withing the first two months of having it. 67,000 miles on it now and still have never had it at the dealership.
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvenicess View Post
Remember Pete, I tuned my car withing the first two months of having it. 67,000 miles on it now and still have never had it at the dealership.
You have a good tuner !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
You'll want to get your parts installed first, then have your car tuned. It will save you money in the long run. The Vararam is my favorate system because it gives your vehicle the best oppertunity for cold air. Many cold air units still breath air from within the engine bay area and take longer to cool down effecting your Intake Air Temperture table in the tune.

The Vararam system doesnt dyno as high as a couple others, but when you are actually driving, you cant beat the way the system works. I have it on my car

Then with a wideband attached to your hotrod to measure your Air Fuel Ratio, add a custom Tampa Tuning street performance tune to the car, and your off to the races. You'll just love the transmission tune when its married up correctly to your engine.
www.TampaTuning.com
Phil
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:33 PM   #9
rydahog

Thanks all, great info..
Old 07-31-2012, 09:32 PM   #10
BNRacing

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2019 Camaro 2.0
Upgraded to a SS huh? Nice. I'm considering trading in our cobalt for a 2013 1LE
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote