Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-25-2015, 02:28 PM   #1
njweatherman

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, redline edition
K&N Cold Air Intake 69-4519tp Problem

Does anybody else have or notice this problem?

I have a 2013 2SS Camaro, automatic with 6.2 L engine. I had a company install the K&N Cold Air Intake 69-4519tp back in April 2013. Never had any problems.
Today, I had the car in park and idling with the hood up to make sure everything looked fine under the hood.
It was windy out. When the wind picked up, my car’s idle dropped very low and the car almost stalled. When the wind stopped, the idle returned to normal. This happened several times.

Later in the day when there was no wind, I tried the same experiment. I had the hood up with the car in park and the car was idling fine. However, I decided to blow directly into the K&N purple air filter and to my surprise, the idle lowered on the car to where it almost stalled. Once I stopped blowing into the K&N air filter, the idle returned to normal.
I checked the car for codes and no codes came up.
I had 2 different mechanics take a look at it and both said they never seen this before. The mass air sensor is clean and working fine.

I was wondering if any of you guys that have this cold air intake can perform the same experiment.

Thanks,
njweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote