Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 03-19-2014, 05:18 PM   #1
wutshotDJroomba

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS/SC
long wait...

ordered my IPF S/C at the beginning of December(I expected some delay by doing so), and now im still waiting for it to be shipped, first I was told the end of january, then the end of february, then the 2nd week of march, then the 3rd.... well its the third week now and I tried to email them end of last week to see what the hold up is and I have yet to receive a response. I'm not putting anyone on blast here, I'm just wondering if anyone else on here has had to wait this long for theirs? was your experience like mine at all?
"....Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
-Bruce Lee
wutshotDJroomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
Yes unfortunately everyone has had to wait. We are currently building 20 kits, we thought they would be completed by this week. I have not personally received any emails from you or I would have answered them, my contact info is below. We were not accepting any orders in December the product was on hold until the end of January when we started accepting orders. Unless you ordered from a 3rd party distributor. Out of the 20 kits we are building all but one is pre-sold.

We apologize for any delays, but please remember this is not a mass produced oversea's made product. We take pride in our product and only build in small batches which is why the process is long. Please be patient, the best we can do is relay information along as we receive it. There were some manufacturing speed bumps for a couple months which put us behind schedule and on back order for a few months, some of this has been covered in other threads.

Once again we apologize for any inconvenience. We do not have a definitive shipping date, but we are in full production and kits will be shipping in less than a month. Once the shipping information becomes available we will share it with you.

I may be contacted directly @ andy@kpe-products.com

Thank you
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:33 PM   #3
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I understand the frustration but you will be pleased once you get the IPF SC installed. It is really worth the wait !!!!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:37 PM   #4
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
I understand the frustration but you will be pleased once you get the IPF SC installed. It is really worth the wait !!!!
+1

Car will feel great after the break-in period. You might get whiplash though from the power.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:29 PM   #5
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPF-Tuning View Post
Yes unfortunately everyone has had to wait. We are currently building 20 kits, we thought they would be completed by this week. I have not personally received any emails from you or I would have answered them, my contact info is below. We were not accepting any orders in December the product was on hold until the end of January when we started accepting orders. Unless you ordered from a 3rd party distributor. Out of the 20 kits we are building all but one is pre-sold.

We apologize for any delays, but please remember this is not a mass produced oversea's made product. We take pride in our product and only build in small batches which is why the process is long. Please be patient, the best we can do is relay information along as we receive it. There were some manufacturing speed bumps for a couple months which put us behind schedule and on back order for a few months, some of this has been covered in other threads.

Once again we apologize for any inconvenience. We do not have a definitive shipping date, but we are in full production and kits will be shipping in less than a month. Once the shipping information becomes available we will share it with you.

I may be contacted directly @ andy@kpe-products.com

Thank you
I had ordered it from a third party distributor who then forwarded me to you at IPF Andy, I have been in contact with you before via email twice, my name is Adam, I haven't referred to myself as my Camaro5 username in my emails. I understand the process takes time, and I have all the faith in the world in your product, I was just trying to see if anyone else had to wait this long? I wasn't aware if it was a normal occurrence or something involving that distributor I ordered through, I had emailed you last Thursday and hadn't heard back. Didn't know if you folks were still waiting on that particular part....
"....Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
-Bruce Lee

Last edited by wutshotDJroomba; 03-19-2014 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:35 PM   #6
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
I concur, ha ha.
-Bruce Lee
Old 03-20-2014, 02:03 AM   #7
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Even with all of the custom requests, I didn't have to wait this long. I have IPF's original aluminum R&D pipes which I had media blasted and powder coated. I also had the mounting bracket and MAF tube shipped unfinished so those could be powder coated. The factory-look black is cool though. I think you'll be happy with your set up once you get it and it's installed.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:52 AM   #8
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Agreed^ ...wait does suck but is totally worth it. And with IPF you don't have to worry about getting a hacked up kit...Lol
Old 03-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #9
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Agreed^ ...wait does suck but is totally worth it. And with IPF you don't have to worry about getting a hacked up kit...Lol
Oh I trust the overall quality of the kit, I iust didn't know if anyone else was waiting as well.... Ready to get my permagrin on.
-Bruce Lee
Old 03-20-2014, 05:29 PM   #10
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
Sorry for the wait guys... We are doing everything we can to expedite the process without cutting any corners.

Thanks for your patience.
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:22 AM   #11
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
+1 more, hang in there wutshot- Andy will take care of you.

Despite having the flu, he spent close to an hour on the phone with me patiently going over the correct use of my IPF tuner and making sure it was all set to go.

Be prepared for possibly a few growing pains during/after install too. But I've had my car "good to go" for about 10mos. now, and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I get excited every time I get to drive it!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:28 AM   #12
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
+1 more, hang in there wutshot- Andy will take care of you.

Despite having the flu, he spent close to an hour on the phone with me patiently going over the correct use of my IPF tuner and making sure it was all set to go.

Be prepared for possibly a few growing pains during/after install too. But I've had my car "good to go" for about 10mos. now, and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I get excited every time I get to drive it!

Lol yea it's been a wait, but I'm sure I will be taken care of I trust the folks there at IPF, I've just never ordered a supercharger for a vehicle before, I wasn't sure if this was a normal wait time. What kind of numbers are you pulling with it Ventmaster?
-Bruce Lee
Old 03-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #13
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Something in this neighborhood-
Attached Images

Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:40 PM   #14
wutshotDJroomba

very nice, hopefully I can get it shipped and installed before the fest....
-Bruce Lee