Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 12-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Time to email Consumer Reports!!!!

To all of you that have had top issues and still are it is time to flood Consumer Reports with all the problems we have had with our tops. Chevy has offered to buy back all the Volts without one issue of fire from owners but yet we have tops that leak, rub, and just basically wear out in weeks of ownership. Let's hit them up and tell them how we really feel. Here is the link to their website.

http://custhelp.consumerreports.org/...li&p_topview=1

Good luck and make sure you do not check the box that says you do not want a reply. If you do receive a reply please post it up here and in the Facebook forum.

Jason
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
hwanger24

Drives: 11 Camaro Convert 2SS/RS
Done
hwanger24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #3
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Why not just take your car back to the dealership and have them replace it under warranty?

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Why not just take your car back to the dealership and have them replace it under warranty?
i'm pretty sure 95birdable has done that at least once.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
There is a slight difference between rub marks, wind noise, and unintended interior showers vs exploding batteries... That whole death and dying thing...
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Death dying yes but lack of quailty and a fault free design concept, NO!!
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #7
95birdible

Ok Devil I am going to go easy on you and tell you my story then you can decide what you would do.
I ordered my 2011 on 5/27. Chevy cancelled said order and bumped me to a 2012. Picked up car on 8/4. On 8/5 the second time someone sat in the passenger seat the bottom tore. Everything went fine until 9/20 when the right rear regulator went out and the dealer inspected the top. On 9/29 my first top was replaced. By 10/13 the second top wore out, leaks, and has rub marks again. I also brought the car back to the selling dealer to fix the paint on the door edges to touch up the paint that was chipping off. Car sat at the dealer from 10/13 to 10/28 waiting on the left rear window regulator and rear window trim. Picked up the car as parts were not in so I could put it in storage. During the 2 weeks sitting outside it rained. When I got the car home the rear passenger floor board was soaked. Dealership just called yesterday and said the parts are in that were ordered on 10/13. 49 days later they finally came in. My car was in the shop for 23 of the first 88 days of ownership. That is a little over 26% of the time. It has been out of service or waiting on parts for 60 1/2% of the time I have owned it. 72 out of 119 days. The only reason I have the car at home is I needed to get it ready for the long Minnesota winter. When it comes out in the spring the issues needed to be addressed are new top, water leak, rear window regulator, and rear window trim. No to say get it repaired under warranty? I did. Chevy does not have a fix. I am currently going through a buyback but Chevy doesn't think it is worth it at this time. Even though it was out of service for 23 days so far. I will be well over the 30 needed to Lemon Law it this spring once it comes out of storage.
Now what are your thoughts on my situation?

Jason
"Green Flash"
Old 12-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #8
95birdible

Nothing has been proven in the real world as far as fires with the Volts. Driving down the highway in a brand new Camaro getting soaked by the rain isn't a safety hazard? Plus you hard top guys just don't get it. Like Nutt said a while back it would be like you getting 2 rust holes in a matter of weeks on your roof. Taking it back to the dealer to get it fixed then having it happen again a few weeks later. There is no fix to date.
"Green Flash"
Old 12-02-2011, 03:30 PM   #9
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
Your situation is the perfect example of the experience GM doesn't want you to have. I am with you 100% as my dealer has had 'parts on order' since August with no fix, and GM customer service doesn't seem to be helping at all. So I'm here months later with a faulty car and no resolution in sight.

To make things worse it appears I am one of the few with a creaking frame. So I am very concerned about the structural integrity of the car.

You aren't alone my friend.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #10
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
AAAAHHHH, IF GM ONLY HAD T-TOPS AS AN OPTION!!!
Then again, those might leak also
UUUGGGGHH
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #11
95birdible

I'll even take a small leak at the A pillar like my Firebird did over the top wearing out. At least then I knew what to expect and could have a towel in my car to cover my leg instead of wearing rain boots and a rain coat. With the top up
"Green Flash"
Old 12-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #12
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
I still don't understand why GM does not make this a priority and put all their engineering on it to come up with a permanent fix and recall all the verts out there.
Also they need to "train" the dealers on how to properly replace the tops.It sounds like, from the threads I have been reading that the waterbag and drain tubes are being damaged during top replacement and no extra parts available...WTF
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #13
95birdible

Chevy is balking at my buyback saying that it isn't needed yet. I flat out told her it has been in the shop 23 days and waiting on parts for 49. If I would of left it at the dealer I could already Lemon Law it. She said we want to fix it under warranty. I told her find then when my 30 days are up I'm going to Lemon Law it. I don't get why they cannot be proactive instead of reactive. Guess I will find out this spring when I either get a buyback or Lemon Law it.
"Green Flash"
Old 12-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #14
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
The reason the Volt is getting bought back is because it's a high-profile, government sponsored car appealing to the environmentalists and meant to compete with the Prius and other battery-endowed vehicles.

Eventually everything comes down to politics when the manufacturer is on the government leash.

That said, us knuckle-dragging Camaro owners spreading our carbon poisoning everywhere we go (FAST!) aren't as important.

<This post was largely tongue in cheek, no offense meant to anyone in particular> But I'm pretty certain that the reason for the attention the Volt is getting is exactly as stated.

Tib