Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #113
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro99 View Post
I already got an email from them.. They said they wouldnt split up the kit. Here is the email they sent me..

Hello – Thank you for your email. The Camaro GUYVER wide body kit is our original concept – designed & manufactured exclusively by us. This kit is not yet available anywhere else in the world. It has to be installed only as a package and we do not sell this kit as individual parts.

Please find the details on the package below:

- Camaro GUYVER CARBON Widebody Package – $18,000 or 13,500 Euros
The package includes front bumper w/ daytime-running LED lights, front splitter (carbon), front grille (upper, carbon), front grille (lower, carbon), Hood w/ intake scoops (carbon), wide body fenders kit w/ intake scoops (carbon), side skirts w/ door panels (carbon), rear bumper, rear diffuser, rear diffuser splitters (carbon), rear spoiler (carbon), tail lights trims (carbon), exhaust tips and 22” C&C Forged wheels.

I replied to them asking if the rims could be taken out since im sure they are a big chunck of the $18,000 but never got a reply.
Yea I was hoping to take out some of the parts to scale back the cost as well as some of it is fugly and ruins the rest of what the kit looks like (ugly big black vents). I agree that $1800 is way to much for the kit seeing as how you can get the Bomex kit (which has similar parts) for a fraction of that cost. Understanding that the carbon fiber adds price I still wouldn't expect a kit like this to cost much more than about $2000 over what the bomex kit is or a$6-$7k with wheels included as well.
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #114
Maro99

Drives: Heel toe express..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmlloveless View Post
Yea I was hoping to take out some of the parts to scale back the cost as well as some of it is fugly and ruins the rest of what the kit looks like (ugly big black vents). I agree that $1800 is way to much for the kit seeing as how you can get the Bomex kit (which has similar parts) for a fraction of that cost. Understanding that the carbon fiber adds price I still wouldn't expect a kit like this to cost much more than about $2000 over what the bomex kit is or a$6-$7k with wheels included as well.
Honestly I dont think the price is that outrageous considering how many parts you actually are getting. I would assume the wheels alone probably run 5 to 6k. So if you take them off, the kit would run about 12k which isnt that bad IMO. Carbon fiber is expensive and you would basically be replacing every part on the car with the full kit, with the exception of the and roof lol. It even comes with door panels. IMO the bombex look like a POS and thats probably why it costs alot less. I mean think about it, how many cars have you seen with the kit?

I really like widebodys and I wish there was a really nice kit available but right now IMO there isnt, other than this one. I spoke with supervettes.com and they said they have a kit in the works for the Camaro.. They make amazing widebody kits for the Corvette so I assume whatever they come up with will blow the competition away.

Check out the pics near the bottom of this thread I linked below to see what they are about to release for the C6. It will give you an idea of what they could do for the Camaro..

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...post1580007207
Old 02-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #115
jcamere94z28

Drives: None
wicked!
jcamere94z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #116
Cmlloveless

I'm actually wondering what it would cost to have this kit replicated by a shop closer to home? If they could mimic it close enough and remove the parts I dont want as well as me being able to now pick my own wheels... I would do it in a heart beat.

Anyone have any idea what something like this would cost to have made as a one off?

If it is anything under $18000 I would consider it as it would save me shipping as well as allowing me to only use the pieces I like, and also then having to pay another $8000 for an install.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #117
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
$12k for the kit without rims would be fair
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #118
Cmlloveless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
That is what I was thinking $10-$12k, and mainly do to all the CF parts. $18k should be after install and maybe $20k with install and paint (depending on paint choices you make).
Old 02-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #119
Maro99

Quote:
I'm actually wondering what it would cost to have this kit replicated by a shop closer to home? If they could mimic it close enough and remove the parts I dont want as well as me being able to now pick my own wheels... I would do it in a heart beat.

Anyone have any idea what something like this would cost to have made as a one off?

If it is anything under $18000 I would consider it as it would save me shipping as well as allowing me to only use the pieces I like, and also then having to pay another $8000 for an install.
I think a one off would be even more.. The R&D, molds etc. for a 1 off project would be alotttt of cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
I agree
Old 02-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #120
Cmlloveless

No molds necissary for a 1 off... Molds would be for if they were going to make the kit again. Not sure how much r&d would be needed if I provided all the pictures. I don't know though as I've never actually had to make a body kit before.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #121
Maro99

Quote:
No molds necissary for a 1 off... Molds would be for if they were going to make the kit again. Not sure how much r&d would be needed if I provided all the pictures. I don't know though as I've never actually had to make a body kit before.
Yeah your right, wouldnt need molds lol.. Im sure it would be very expensive. You have to consider how much time would have to be put into it and the fact that they will only be selling one. When selling multiple kits they can sell for less because as they sell them they will profit over time. The first few they sell will just recoup costs for time spent as well as material. With a one off they would have to make enough money to cover there expenses as well as make a profit off of just one person. That might be confusing the way I worded it but it makes sense in my head lol.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #122
Cmlloveless

Nope not confusing... Makes sense... Might be worth still asking a few shops just in case!
Old 02-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #123
Maro99

Quote:
Nope not confusing... Makes sense... Might be worth still asking a few shops just in case!
Yeah definitely, you never know unless you ask. Keep us updated.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #124
bhut

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
$18K for the kit, $10K for paint, $6k for wheels and tires, and $10k to make it run and handle like it looks... or $50 to race it around on a track on an Xbox game in 6 months. I'd prefer an Xbox version to trying to maneuver that thing anywhere I drive.
bhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:20 AM   #125
Maro99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhut View Post
$18K for the kit, $10K for paint, $6k for wheels and tires, and $10k to make it run and handle like it looks... or $50 to race it around on a track on an Xbox game in 6 months. I'd prefer an Xbox version to trying to maneuver that thing anywhere I drive.
lol.. The 18k includes the wheels, although that still dosent make it cheap by any means.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:02 AM   #126
Camaroman_99

Drives: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Definitely love the color!