Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-10-2015, 08:04 PM   #1
Sandman1969

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Key Code

I think I did something stupid. I think I threw away my key code. Is it on the black plastic bands around the keys, or on a piece of paper with a bar code and a letter and 4 numbers?

I cut off the black bands and believe they got tossed. The second key set still has a small label on it, but I am thinking that may be the dealership's inventory number.

I want to order a couple key blanks and have them cut so I can get my switchblades back and not have to destroy the one key. I am guessing I have to call the dealership to get the code. I have to call them about my tags anyway. How long does that normally take? All the new cars I have purchased I just transferred the tags over so I never had temp tags.

On the bright side now that my trade-in finally got paid I will be able to get my 1k from the extended warranty. Finally get to get the couple little things CAI, Tint and a Tuner.

2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Sandman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:01 PM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman1969 View Post
I think I did something stupid. I think I threw away my key code. Is it on the black plastic bands around the keys, or on a piece of paper with a bar code and a letter and 4 numbers?

I cut off the black bands and believe they got tossed. The second key set still has a small label on it, but I am thinking that may be the dealership's inventory number.

I want to order a couple key blanks and have them cut so I can get my switchblades back and not have to destroy the one key. I am guessing I have to call the dealership to get the code. I have to call them about my tags anyway. How long does that normally take? All the new cars I have purchased I just transferred the tags over so I never had temp tags.

On the bright side now that my trade-in finally got paid I will be able to get my 1k from the extended warranty. Finally get to get the couple little things CAI, Tint and a Tuner.
The key codes for my 2013 are a barcode on a piece of rubber/plastic that was attached to each key set. The piece is about 3/8" wide and maybe 2" long. Dealer should be able to look that up for you.

In GA, a new tag takes less than 30 days. They give you a temporary one dated until 30 days after date of purchase. Don't know about VA though.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:31 PM   #3
Sandman1969

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Yeah that is what got thrown away. O well. Will just give them a call.
The dealer called today and said the tags were mailed out.

2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Sandman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:39 AM   #4
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
30 days
in NY its 5 min once you get to the counter
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 06:31 AM   #5
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
you can always just have take a blank to a locksmith and have a new one cut
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote