Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #29
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Boy o boy, I just got done reading through the thread over on MustangG6, overwhelming disappointment among the Mustang faithful.

http://www.mustang6g.com

I read the posts in the Mustang forum and I didnt see any "overwhelming disappoint" however I am very disappointed because the new Mustang is 186lbs heavier and slower than the outgoing model, WTF Ford?

I personally like the new design but I dont like the weight gain and I wont be in the market for one.

I am a Ford and Chevy guy and my feeling is that Ford screwed up with the non-performance of this new Mustang.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:01 PM   #30
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
I read the posts in the Mustang forum and I didnt see any "overwhelming disappoint" however I am very disappointed because the new Mustang is 186lbs heavier and slower than the outgoing model, WTF Ford?

I personally like the new design but I dont like the weight gain and I wont be in the market for one.

I am a Ford and Chevy guy and my feeling is that Ford screwed up with the non-performance of this new Mustang.
I feel like this is Sn/95 2.0....Ford will bring up the power imo when the camaro debuts but man what a bummer in the performance for the $$ ratio.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:06 PM   #31
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
I feel like this is Sn/95 2.0....Ford will bring up the power imo when the camaro debuts but man what a bummer in the performance for the $$ ratio.
Someone at Ford was/is totally asleep at the wheel. The new Mustang SHOULD be faster than the outgoing Mustang. I mean it doesnt take a genius to figure that one out....
Old 09-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #32
LostPony

Drives: 2012 Boss 302
I will say here what I said on the Mustang6g site, not impressed. I want to see lap times vs outgoing model and current competition, like the 1LE and M4. The acceleration numbers are underwhelming at best, but I am encouraged by the handling comments.

2012 Kona Boss 302 #2758
LostPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #33
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

Bring on the test of a PP Mustang versus the 5th gen Camaro 1LE....thats what I want to see. Sure the media will rave about how the Mustang's interior is worlds better, and its easier to see out of, but can it beat a 1LE at the track?? Not sure about that one.
Just for grins here are the stats from MotorTrends Tests

0 to 60
2015 Mustang GT: 4.4
2012 Boss: 4.0
2013 Camaro 1LE: 4.3

1/4 Mile
2015 Mustang GT: 12.8 @ 112.2
2012 Boss: 12.4 @ 115
2013 Camaro 1LE: 12.7 @ 111.8

Figure Eight
2015 Mustang GT: 24.7 @ 0.84g
2012 B0ss: 24.6 @ 0.81g
2013 Camaro 1LE: 24.2 @ 0.83g

Braking 60 to 0
2015 Mustang GT: 107'
2012 Boss: 106'
2013 Camaro 1LE: 101'

Both the (discontinued) Boss and current Camaro 1LE out preform the new 2015 Mustang GT (with Performance Package) in every category.

2015 Mustang Review

2013 Camaro 1LE Review with 2012 Boss info

Quote:
I read the posts in the Mustang forum and I didnt see any "overwhelming disappoint"
Maybe I should have said the general tone of most people's posts were clearly that of disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostPony View Post
I will say here what I said on the Mustang6g site, not impressed. I want to see lap times vs outgoing model and current competition, like the 1LE and M4. The acceleration numbers are underwhelming at best, but I am encouraged by the handling comments.
I too am very eager to hear lap times for the new Mustang, hopefully with the performance package.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #34
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Had Ford not upped the HP to 435 then the new Mustang would be a hell of alot slower than it is...

I would imagine a current Camaro SS will outrun one of the new 5.0's IMO but Ford may also be holding back until the new Camaro comes out, ive never known Ford to be "proactive" they are always "reactive" to what GM does.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:13 PM   #35
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Someone at Ford was/is totally asleep at the wheel. The new Mustang SHOULD be faster than the outgoing Mustang. I mean it doesnt take a genius to figure that one out....
I agree. I'm reserving judgment on the handling until it's placed on a track vs a 1LE. I was expecting more from the braking as well. 107 feet from 60 is ok but not impressive. That being said they really can't release a 550 HP GT even with the same pricing simply because the average person can't handle that kind of power. It's the same reason the regular Camaro SS has the understeer that it has for safety.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #36
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
I agree. I'm reserving judgment on the handling until it's placed on a track vs a 1LE. I was expecting more from the braking as well. 107 feet from 60 is ok but not impressive. That being said they really can't release a 550 HP GT even with the same pricing simply because the average person can't handle that kind of power. It's the same reason the regular Camaro SS has the understeer that it has for safety.
I like that 4th gen Camaro photo you have there. I love 4th gen Camaro ss's but you cant find one for decent money unless its been beat to death or high miles. All the low mileage 4th gen's are priced way too high...

Anyway back to the topic...
Old 09-17-2014, 02:23 PM   #37
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Motor Trend:

Quote:
The new Mustang GT rips 'round the figure eight in 24.7 seconds, pulling 0.84 g average in the process. That's not only quicker than the last Mustang GT (25.0 seconds at 0.77 g average), but it's also a better performance than the last Mustang Boss 302 (24.7 seconds at 0.78 g average) we tested. Though it managed a higher average g on the figure eight than the Boss 302 -- which we'd still feel confident calling the best Mustang ever -- the 2015 Mustang didn't feel as nimble or competent as the Boss; it didn't feel like the front and rear ends were talking to each other. Turning in off-throttle resulted in moderate push (understeer from the front end), which needed to be corrected with the throttle. This, in turn, caused a bit of slushy oversteer that, while manageable, slowed the GT down a bit. While that's not bad per se, we were expecting a bit more from the new IRS-equipped Mustang.
That 24.7 second time for the Figure-8? Same as that nose-heavy nadir of nimbleness Clydsdale aka Hellcat...and this is a "Performance Package" GT?

Perhaps they need to rename the option...

No wonder there's soooo much interest in the $60,000+ GT350...it's their ONLY hope to save the Mustang Maiden's honor...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:27 PM   #38
LostPony

Drives: 2012 Boss 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Motor Trend:

That 24.7 second time for the Figure-8? Same as that nose-heavy Clydsdale aka Hellcat...and this is a "Performance Package" GT?

Perhaps they need to rename the option...

No wonder there's soooo much interest in the $60,000+ GT350...it's their ONLY hope to save the Mustang Maiden's honor...
I loved the quote about the Boss still being the best Mustang ever. I can feel my car's value climbing back up!

2012 Kona Boss 302 #2758
LostPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:30 PM   #39
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
I loved the quote about the Boss still being the best Mustang ever. I can feel my car's value climbing back up!
Bosses and the 2013-2014 GT's Just picked up value.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #40
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I don't think I have ever seen so many magazines with different opinions. Reading the R&T they absoultely loved it. MT seemed kind of its way better on the street, but heavy and not as fast.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:41 PM   #41
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
"There are lies, damn lies, and statistics...", quoted someone long ago.

Lie #1 - "The GT-PP will outrun the BOSS 302" - Dave Pericak, Mustang Chief Engineer

Damn Lie - "The car will lose at least 200 lb." - ditto

Statistics - NO breakthroughs, cited. By anyone...

[I have to add this...] REALLY?!

Midnight oil, in copious quantities, being consumed @ the Mustang Dollhouse...

No wonder Mulally left, "early".
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:48 PM   #42
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
"There are lies, damn lies, and statistics...", quoted someone long ago.

Lie #1 - "The GT-PP will outrun the BOSS 302" - Dave Pericak, Mustang Chief Engineer

Damn Lie - "The car will lose at least 200 lb." - ditto

Statistics - NO breakthroughs, cited. By anyone...

Midnight oil, in copious quantities, being consumed @ the Mustang Dollhouse...

No wonder Mulally left, "early".

"The new Mustang GT rips 'round the figure eight in 24.7 seconds, pulling 0.84 g average in the process. That's not only quicker than the last Mustang GT (25.0 seconds at 0.77 g average), but it's also a better performance than the last Mustang Boss 302 (24.7 seconds at 0.78 g average) we tested."

So a few magazine tests in, and one where specifically says performed better than BOSS you are ready to say it won't/can't out run a BOSS on a road course? We see that it won't in the 1/4 mile, but I wouldn't go so far as saying it can't outrun the BOSS yet, why not wait for lap times
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote