Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

View Poll Results: What do you think?
love it 258 38.22%
hate it 417 61.78%
Voters: 675. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #491
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
sick as in

yes

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:49 PM   #492
Drifting Illuminations

Drives: Camaro
Custom car installation company (Drifting Illuminations)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDan View Post
Anyone thought about putting lambo doors on the camaro
how much would it cost to have both automatic lambo doors the ones that open automaticly when ya hit the button.

just an idea.

post some thoughts.
Our company works on all vehicle and motorcycles! We are located in central Florida and our website is www.drifting-illuminations.com. Check it out for more info, we are an aftermarket company with the best price guaranteed. We have been in business for 2 years and are getting bigger by the week. We have all satisfied customers and make sure they will be when we are done with your vehicle. We have done 3 Camaro Lambo doors already seens they've come out and can't wait to do more!
Drifting Illuminations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #493
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
WTF thread resurrection
Old 10-13-2009, 04:42 AM   #494
glambert1
HOMER

Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentry78 View Post
i agree, i also like the wide body kit
the only reason i said that i like it but probably wouldn't do it is because a friend of mine had a car with them that was basically a driven show car that i drove around all the time and it just became kinda annoying lifting the door up in down every time you got in or out. some of the times i would just want the door to open normally.

but that only happened if you were doing a lot of running around on a daily basis.
you know I think I saw one time a door that could open both ways , regular or then you could swing it up
Old 10-13-2009, 07:21 AM   #495
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
Don't do it. If you're driving down the highway and see a zombie kneeling over and eating a dead body, how do you expect to open the door to knock him a good one if the damn doors go UP? You'll be robbing yourself of one of life's great pleasures...

On second thought, yes, DO the lambo doors.. it'll make my car worth more.
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:40 AM   #496
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrek View Post
Don't do it. If you're driving down the highway and see a zombie kneeling over and eating a dead body, how do you expect to open the door to knock him a good one if the damn doors go UP? You'll be robbing yourself of one of life's great pleasures...

On second thought, yes, DO the lambo doors.. it'll make my car worth more.
Most lambo door kits can open like normal as well as opening vertical. So, you can still thwack zombies if need be
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:00 AM   #497
FFPM73
Firefighter/Paramedic

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS M6 LS-3
My opinion, please someone explain to me why in the hell guys that own these cars are doing everything in their power to make it look like a sport tuner? This is american muscle not Japanese, Chinese, German or any other country. Why is there a need to lower these cars to the ground, put huge thuggish wheels on them, ground effects and now this silly statement of wanting lambo doors.........GO BUY SOMETHING ELSE!!!!!!! The Camaro, Mustang and Challenger have more than enough style and gets a lot of looks because of the stylish features as well as the powerful engines just like the muscle car erra. LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!!! I am not saying people shouldn't upgrade exhaust or the heads, intake or even a computer tune, but dammitt, leave all the silly ass styling for other countries to do on their cars. Sorry for being so blunt, but damn enough with altering the look of a muscle car LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!

WREK: If you knew anything about the muscle cars, they are worth more sitting all original and low miles. Lambo doors will make the car WORTHLESS and nobody will want to buy it with crap like lambo doors on it. I'm sure it will also weaken the frame structure of the car. These cars are not designed for that silly crap!!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:08 AM   #498
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
From a recent car show I went to...

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #499
montej23

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro
I hate lambo doors
montej23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:15 AM   #500
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
I wonder what suicide doors would look like on the Camaro.
mcdoogle6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:32 AM   #501
RMGee
Clap Clap

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
I can't even count how many times this question has been asked since I joined these forums 2 years ago, and every single time that picture comes out and ends the discussion.
Yup.
RMGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #502
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFPM73 View Post
My opinion, please someone explain to me why in the hell guys that own these cars are doing everything in their power to make it look like a sport tuner? This is american muscle not Japanese, Chinese, German or any other country. Why is there a need to lower these cars to the ground, put huge thuggish wheels on them, ground effects and now this silly statement of wanting lambo doors.........GO BUY SOMETHING ELSE!!!!!!! The Camaro, Mustang and Challenger have more than enough style and gets a lot of looks because of the stylish features as well as the powerful engines just like the muscle car erra. LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!!! I am not saying people shouldn't upgrade exhaust or the heads, intake or even a computer tune, but dammitt, leave all the silly ass styling for other countries to do on their cars. Sorry for being so blunt, but damn enough with altering the look of a muscle car LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!

WREK: If you knew anything about the muscle cars, they are worth more sitting all original and low miles. Lambo doors will make the car WORTHLESS and nobody will want to buy it with crap like lambo doors on it. I'm sure it will also weaken the frame structure of the car. These cars are not designed for that silly crap!!!!!!!
I guess you are one of those people that are fine with having the same thing as everybody else. That's fine, I don't criticize you for it. Back then when muscle cars didn't sell 100,000 units per year. It wasn't a big deal. Every now and then you would see a duplicate. But now, hell, I saw two red camaros today. And my drive to work is three minutes, and I live in a small town...

Now I'm thinking red or black is the camaro for me. And it bugs me when mine looks exactly the same. Now Im only planning a GFX kit and some SS badges, (if I get black it will have that big wing from GM performance parts that I'm sure you don't like either) but others are gonna want to do more.

It's gonna happen, It's coming, the tuner market is a big market so let GM get into it and sell a bunch of cars so they can continue to make us muscle cars. And if you want your car to look stock then leave it stock. By all means, I'm a camaro fan, your a camaro fan, we are for sure going to like your car. As long as something is done tastefully and not too crazy. I don't mind it. and "lambo doors" is not something that is going to bug me.

PS: And if I get a camaro, it isn't going to be a low mile car. I just spent 40 grand on it. I'm driving it. And I'm gonna enjoy it.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:38 PM   #503
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
PS: And if I get a camaro, it isn't going to be a low mile car. I just spent 40 grand on it. I'm driving it. And I'm gonna enjoy it.
You had me at Hello.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:41 PM   #504
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFPM73 View Post
What are you jumping on me for? I think the lambo doors like absolutely stupid... ? And it's wholly unfair to assume I know nothing about muscle cars simply based on what you know about me.. which is.. what.. nothing.

My comment was for the OP to DO the lambo doors.. thus creating another silly ricer and making my stock SS worth more do to the fact that there'd now be fewer on the road. See?

Tags
camaro, icce wheels, lambo doors