Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-26-2009, 04:44 PM   #71
Dboy23
2G1FB1EV7A9100028

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by marley. View Post
Not if you bought an LS cuz you have to add 1LT to add RS so that takes you from 23,300 up to 27,100 plus the 1700 for the RS. That makes RS a 5,500 dollar option. I can do a heck of a lot of original and nicer mods with 5500 bucks. By the time I spend 5500 bucks on my Camaro it will blow away the looks of any RS on the road.
Well you can't buy the RS Package on the LS so you can't think of it like that. The LS doesn't have power sweats or fog lights either. Also good luck finding a brand new set of 20's that fit the Camaro with tires for under $1,500 if not more. The RS Package is a $1,750 option, your talking about the price difference from an LS to an LT which is irrelevant to the topic and the RS Package itself is in no way a $5,500 option. The question was specifically about the RS Package. I bought the 1LT over the 2LT because I wanted custom leather seats and custom door panel inserts/dash trim rather than the stock and it'll still be less than the $3,000 difference for the seats, the inserts, and four different speakers.

Also you can't say your car will "blow away the looks of any RS on the road" because a custom car is someones personal preference so you can't be the judge of that, it might be better "to you" but not to everyone else.

There's no way you can do what the RS Package does (20" wheels, Projectors/Halos/HIDS, Spoiler, and roof molding paint) for less than the $1,750 it's just not possible, and even if it's close it still won't be original and won't fit like the original would and probably won't look as good as the RS Package does.

That's just my opinion though, take it as you please.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:52 PM   #72
FutureCamaroOwner

Drives: White 1SS/Black Stripes
He is right in the fact that ls and lt have somethin to do with it because your talking options and it isn't one with the LS. So you have to factor the extra money to go to LT.
FutureCamaroOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 04:58 PM   #73
marley.
OCD

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboy23 View Post
Well you can't buy the RS Package on the LS so you can't think of it like that. The LS doesn't have power sweats or fog lights either. Also good luck finding a brand new set of 20's that fit the Camaro with tires for under $1,500 if not more. The RS Package is a $1,750 option, your talking about the price difference from an LS to an LT which is irrelevant to the topic and the RS Package itself is in no way a $5,500 option. The question was specifically about the RS Package. I bought the 1LT over the 2LT because I wanted custom leather seats and custom door panel inserts/dash trim rather than the stock and it'll still be less than the $3,000 difference for the seats, the inserts, and four different speakers.

Also you can't say your car will "blow away the looks of any RS on the road" because a custom car is someones personal preference so you can't be the judge of that, it might be better "to you" but not to everyone else.

There's no way you can do what the RS Package does (20" wheels, Projectors/Halos/HIDS, Spoiler, and roof molding paint) for less than the $1,750 it's just not possible, and even if it's close it still won't be original and won't fit like the original would and probably won't look as good as the RS Package does.

That's just my opinion though, take it as you please.
"Well you can't buy the RS Package on the LS so you can't think of it like that."

I think I stated that already.

"Also good luck finding a brand new set of 20's that fit the Camaro with tires for under $1,500 if not more. "

You cant find a nice set for under 1500 bucks but I would rather spend the money and have unique wheels that the same wheels 80% of the camaros will have.

"The RS Package is a $1,750 option, your talking about the price difference from an LS to an LT which is irrelevant to the topic and the RS Package itself is in no way a $5,500 option. The question was specifically about the RS Package. "

Sorry bud but the price from LS to LT is relevant because it is a factor to get to the price of an RS.

"Also you can't say your car will "blow away the looks of any RS on the road" because a custom car is someones personal preference so you can't be the judge of that, it might be better "to you" but not to everyone else."

Well in the end thats all that matters, I could care less if you like it. You may not like my custom but I don't care for an un-original RS. But if you see me in a line of 10 5th gens you will definitely know mine apart from the RS cars and thats my goal.

"There's no way you can do what the RS Package does (20" wheels, Projectors/Halos/HIDS, Spoiler, and roof molding paint) for less than the $1,750 it's just not possible, and even if it's close it still won't be original and won't fit like the original would and probably won't look as good as the RS Package does."

If you dont think it will look as good or fit then...well I better just let that go so I don't get banned.

"That's just my opinion though, take it as you please."

You're right its your opinion and I guess it'll just be best if we agree to disagree.
marley. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:28 PM   #74
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCamaroOwner View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself
im With both of you!
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #75
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
After reading this thread and not getting the RS package, well only one thing left to do. ............
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #76
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
I dunno what I would do without my daylight on button!
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:51 PM   #77
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboy23 View Post
I just read your signature, I paid $28,030 for my 1LT/RS with the Convenience and Connectivity Package. I think it's worth it, especially for only $700 more for the 20's and Headlights.
What else didn't you get that I got or did you order yours before they added the back up sensors? I also got the stripe package... I did a bulid your own and left off the stripe package with automatic, C&C, and RS package and it shows it being $28,425 and with the stripe package it is $28,895. what you paid and what the MSRP could also have been different. my price is MSRP...

I had e-mailed my Salesperson to add the C&C package to my car, BUT I got an E-mail today from him sayimng he thought it had already gone too far and could not be added.. he is going to check on it friday to see if it can be added, If not I will be back to where I was before adding the C&C..which was $26,195

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 11-26-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #78
bhut

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I did not want nor get the RS - but I don't think it is a rip-off if you want those particular options, in fact it's a good cost-savings. For me, the only benefit would have been the spoiler and 1" larger wheels. I don't care about the headlights - too expensive an option to break when the warranty runs out, the bulbs are expensive, and as all of the RS owners soon found out - the "fog" lights become DRL only. I actually use fog lights (handy in fog and to spot deer on the side of roads), so non-functional ones were pointless. I quickly decided 19's were big enough and I could add a spoiler later if needed.
Halos do look good though, I have to admit!
bhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #79
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
The HID's are $1,177 from GMPD. And the price of the RS package decreases depending on which options are chosen, so the RS package costs less on the SS than than the LT.
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:28 PM   #80
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
I'm glad I got the RS package, the headlights alone are worth it,Being an older driver I like the HID headlights for night driving,.You see a lot further down the road...
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #81
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldpants View Post
the RS package is a rip off and it makes the car. But depending on how your looking at it you could say the whole car is a rip off if you compare the construction costs to the invoice price. (you would have to ignore R N D). I don't know GM's profit margin on the camaro but it was like 10,000 per unit for there suv's. Rip off or not it does not really matter. Buy what makes you happy with the options you want the end.

PS.
Body color roof ditch molding? That has got to be the dumbest option ever or second to the mustang Christmas psychedelic instrument lights I almost did not get the RS package because of this. GM should just spend the extra 15 cents it costs to paint the roof ditch molding.
3% profit margin. low profit margins compaired to SUV/trucks. why gm is losing money when the truck market went down the tube.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #82
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhut View Post
I did not want nor get the RS - but I don't think it is a rip-off if you want those particular options, in fact it's a good cost-savings. For me, the only benefit would have been the spoiler and 1" larger wheels. I don't care about the headlights - too expensive an option to break when the warranty runs out, the bulbs are expensive, and as all of the RS owners soon found out - the "fog" lights become DRL only. I actually use fog lights (handy in fog and to spot deer on the side of roads), so non-functional ones were pointless. I quickly decided 19's were big enough and I could add a spoiler later if needed.
Halos do look good though, I have to admit!

The HID's are about a million times brighter than foglights.

If your RS headlights don't show it, your fogs will have no chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:46 PM   #83
FutureCamaroOwner

Drives: White 1SS/Black Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by daphatgrant View Post
The HID's are $1,177 from GMPD. And the price of the RS package decreases depending on which options are chosen, so the RS package costs less on the SS than than the LT.

I am purchasing an LS and I will be purchasing either these or AAC's HID setup. Either way that's all that i wanted from the RS package and thats what I am getting. We all want to do different things with our cars and thats how it is suppose to be. How would you all feel at a meet if we all parked next to each other and they looked the same. Me personally I look forward to running into all of you guys and sharing knowledge and ideas about our cars. BTW Happy thanksgiving to all of you guys
FutureCamaroOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:51 PM   #84
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCamaroOwner View Post
I am purchasing an LS and I will be purchasing either these or AAC's HID setup. Either way that's all that i wanted from the RS package and thats what I am getting. We all want to do different things with our cars and thats how it is suppose to be. How would you all feel at a meet if we all parked next to each other and they looked the same. Me personally I look forward to running into all of you guys and sharing knowledge and ideas about our cars. BTW Happy thanksgiving to all of you guys

It's your car.. make it your own..THAT is the AMERICAN way!!

Just found out my Car is at 3300 Scheduled for production.. So no C&C package for me.. but thats ok..

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 11-27-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote