Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 01:25 AM   #1373
jayb53guy

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Good to see it's all coming together!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:54 AM   #1374
faSSteddie

Drives: 2013 Victory red/white stripes SS
HOORAY

jhoop302, Hooray for you man! I am so sorry that you had to go through this mess!! I am so glad for you for your new ZL1!! If you ever find yourself around Dallas/Ft. worth OR if you'll bring your new car to this years Camaro5Fest, then lemme know and I'll buy ya a beer!!! It is good to have ya here.

Quote:
To everyone else, I gotta say that this was soooooo unnecessary. The behavior here was shameful and I agree with GT500guy and Gnya Tek about how I feel about forums and social media after this.
To PQ, I gotta agree with Clint Eastwood..."Opinions are like a%@holes, everybody's got one and they all stink!"

faSSteddie

Last edited by faSSteddie; 01-14-2014 at 02:07 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:28 AM   #1375
Jas29

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
jhoop302, Congrats on the resolution. I hope you do stick around, this really is a fun forum with a lot of great people.

To everyone else, I gotta say that this was soooooo unnecessary. The behavior here was shameful and I agree with GT500guy and Gnya Tek about how I feel about forums and social media after this.
Good to see some of the older members are still on this forum i haven't posted in a long time (hows ur finger....)

In this instance i think the lynch mob is necessary not the calling the dealership and sending in fake leads ruining the day to day work for the employees but making a big enough fuss that gm steps in and takes care of its loyal customers.

It shouldn't take close to a month to come up with a solution
Old 01-14-2014, 02:30 AM   #1376
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
Regardless how it got settled , glad it is over and you have a car you like coming. Oct. 25 to Dec 15th on a warranty issue..7 weeks 2 days. and they how much longer to repair? That right there is unrealistic. I am a very patient man however I think by then my patience would have been a little thin.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:33 AM   #1377
Mr pogo

Drives: 96 Imp SS, 13 Camaro 2SS AGM
Quote:
I agree, you could start with the source of alot of it by looking in the mirror.
many of your 3 plus pages of posts in this thread consisted of accusations against Mr Hooper that were not true.
one could fairly think you were a friend or relative of the dealer.

Quote:
I think those are fair questions. I do not believe for a second that this thread was just to 'Document' this. He joined this forum EXPRESSLY to get this story out there and it WAS an inflamatory OP.

It must be hard as hell for people close to Hansen to not get on here. GT500guy aside.
Quote:
I initially threw the dealer under the bus for not immediately making it right but it was not making sense once I started looking at it rationally. BAD situation and could have been handled better (maybe) but NO WAY have I seen anything solid that justifies the angry slanderous way they have been portrayed. What a nightmare I could imagine to have this happen to me if I truly did try and help.

I guess it comes down to the dealer could have put this to bed with the assurance that a brand new car but to not allow them time to find a car is unfair. And, again, the Hoopers wanted a brand new car PERIOD.
Quote:
haha, I'll take the box.

It is clear to me that he wanted a brand new car and nothing short of that was going to suffice.

He came here because the dealer made the choice to want to try and find a comparable car and that the OP was not going to hear it. I don't blame him for coming here right away but I think he did so calculating and with an agenda he laid out and we ran with it. As he knew we would.

I don't think he gave them a proper chance to get under this. Let's not forget that while they are responsible, they are a victim here as well. It's just a bad shitty situation.

I do think it's dumb of him to tell you anything he would not want you saying. Even though you do respect his wishes. No way for him to know that. Can't be too damning.

Just about ALL stories that are THIS one sided are not told accurately.
again, kudo's to those that helped Mr Hooper in getting a just resolution to his situation.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:30 AM   #1378
cdjnight

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
Congrats Hooper's glad you're getting a new car, you deserve it! I hope and pray this isn't costing you much more than your time.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:34 AM   #1379
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
I still find it highly unacceptable for a dealership to treat a customer in this fashion. That is not what you do as a respectable business in your area. Period. End. Of. Story.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:58 AM   #1380
JWR046

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1786
I followed this from the 1st post like many. It definitely sucked and no one would want to be in that position. In the end the correct thing was done. If a GM customer has issues with the dealer they should step in as they did here and it was resolved. Ultimately you are a customer of GM and the relationship is handled through dealerships for good, bad, or the ugly like this.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:10 AM   #1381
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Glad to know you got things on the up and up with this!

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

Old 01-14-2014, 08:23 AM   #1382
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
OP - Once the dust settles would you consider sharing your "Lessons Learned"?
I'm not referring to things like how to pick the right service shop, but next time what would be your first step to handling something like this?
Old 01-14-2014, 08:24 AM   #1383
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
I am very happy this was finally resolved

Enjoy your new ZL1 Hoop
Old 01-14-2014, 08:32 AM   #1384
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Congrats Hoop and Camaro 5! ... (hopefully not too soon of a celebration).

Too bad they are making you walk back in that place to get the car, and do the paperwork. It will be "all-eyes-on-you" when you roll in.
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:35 AM   #1385
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
Nick,

I cannot thank you enough for your generous offer. It is so nice to deal with people who believe in customer service.

I will be contacting you when the new car arrives--hopefully in about two weeks.

Thanks again for being such a great outfit!
John
You're welcome John!

Anything we can do to ease your troubles and give you a head start with your new ZL1.

As an avid car enthusiast, I can't even imagine how I would feel if this happened to me.

We are looking forward to seeing pictures of your new ZL1 and glad to have you as a member on Camaro5

Nick C.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #1386
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post
I agree, you could start with the source of alot of it by looking in the mirror.
many of your 3 plus pages of posts in this thread consisted of accusations against Mr Hooper that were not true.
one could fairly think you were a friend or relative of the dealer.

again, kudo's to those that helped Mr Hooper in getting a just resolution to his situation.

Those and a number of other posts by PQ in this thread has certainly affected my opinion of him.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1