Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #15
Camaro-Teskey
BlackonBlack

Drives: 2010 Blk Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
Well guys since you all know everything i shouldnt even post. but for one im not a kid, just cause im getting a turbo on a rare, at the moment, car and noboday else is i guess that makes me a kid huh??lol. and i said im getting 450 or so WHP. which will be around 500 to 550 or so give or take HP. but you guys can talk all the crap you want, when i get my car back ill have the turbo fully tuned dyno'd the works. you wont..I AM happy and im sending the car out Wednesday for A MONTH so these guys can use my car for a prototype. im sacrificing a month without my car so these guys can use it to fabricate the tubing and all that so everyone else can enjoy a turbo as well. so just keep being negative and talking crap about something and someone you dont have even the slightest clue about. when i get my V6 back and its outrunning SS's like they are sitting still then ill have the last laugh. i post this stuff to be constructive and help others find information about otherwise nonexistant material and everyone would rather talk crap than be constructive or even ask questions first before being an idiot.please guys keep the negativity for your chatrooms or a trash talking thread.
Good luck man, hope they do find out how to tune it.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:47 PM   #16
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Mohrg I had a question to ask you, how much do all these mods cost? I am no expert but I can imagine this Turbo mod must run between $3.5k-$5k and probably more with installation. At these prices why would someone chose a Turbo V6 over a V8? Please don't take this as a criticism I am just curious whats the advantage?
Old 08-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #17
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
I hope it works out well for you. It'll be interesting to see what the power increase will be.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #18
jakemaxx

Drives: 1969 impala
oooohhhh i want to see this turbo with some vids and whats this about green interior?
Old 08-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #19
Outlaw

Drives: 2SS M6, IBM w/ Silver Rally
Quote:
Well guys since you all know everything i shouldnt even post. but for one im not a kid, just cause im getting a turbo on a rare, at the moment, car and noboday else is i guess that makes me a kid huh??lol. and i said im getting 450 or so WHP. which will be around 500 to 550 or so give or take HP. but you guys can talk all the crap you want, when i get my car back ill have the turbo fully tuned dyno'd the works. you wont..I AM happy and im sending the car out Wednesday for A MONTH so these guys can use my car for a prototype. im sacrificing a month without my car so these guys can use it to fabricate the tubing and all that so everyone else can enjoy a turbo as well. so just keep being negative and talking crap about something and someone you dont have even the slightest clue about. when i get my V6 back and its outrunning SS's like they are sitting still then ill have the last laugh. i post this stuff to be constructive and help others find information about otherwise nonexistant material and everyone would rather talk crap than be constructive or even ask questions first before being an idiot.please guys keep the negativity for your chatrooms or a trash talking thread.
Give the guy a chance before you rip him up. I'm excited to see it! I hope it works man!

Old 08-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #20
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemaxx View Post
oooohhhh i want to see this turbo with some vids and whats this about green interior?
Same here, I've been following your car through your posts and I'm impressed and jealous at the same time, good job man keep us posted with the progress of this project please!
Old 08-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #21
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
Give the guy a chance before you rip him up. I'm excited to see it! I hope it works man!
Bottom line... NOBODY can tune the LLT yet. Check the other turbo V6 threads. Both Heneesy (spelling?) and Fastlane BOTH said they can't get over the tuning hurdle at this time. Same with Livernois... NO ONE CAN... So why should we believe that Ultimate has? I for one don't believe that any one has the ability today and doubt they will have it in the next month or two...

Also Morhg said he was sending his car off to get a turbo before... he said it would be turbo'ed in 2 weeks... that was a month ago... ??????
Old 08-09-2009, 02:47 PM   #22
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
for one like i said im not a kid. and two ive already paid for the procedure and my car will not by any means be done in two weeks..like i said its gonna take a month or maybe more cause these guys are gonna do it right. hes already told me what turbo hes gonna use but its on paper and i have a terrible memory. but i was gonna keep everything posted on this thread but now seeing all this crap you guys are talking without even a single thread of evidence im not even gonna piss myself off reading anymore posts you guys write. i mean come on im not writing this thread for props or to make myself look cool. ive been doing threads about every single thing ive done to my car and i list sites, dealers, possible leads, and everything i can to help others that arent sure if they want to do anything, or those that want to do stuff to their car but dont know where to start. then you get on here calling me retarded and a liar and a kid and all this just cause i said that for a fact im sending my car to florida to make it a prototype for turbos for everyone to enjoy after they figure it all out. im taking a huge risk to help this company and other people after these guys are done. yeah im getting this for myself though, but i dont have to post anything about it. i dont need internet stardom for my car, it speaks for itself in real life. just thought id help others on this site out since ive gotten plenty of help on this very site myself. so like i said if you want to name call or be negative and call someone whos just trying to help a liar then by all means dont post here anymore

This i not the first time you've claimed to be getting a turbo (from 7/15): (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...222#post685222)

"in a month ill take pics of my 1lt after it gets back from having a professional turbo kit made for it..no joking. im getting a quote tomorrow and they want to make a v6 turbo to sell and they needed a v6 to mold it from..i said screw it cant gain unless you give a little first..so 1 month of engineering for my car to have 550-600 whp is well worth it to me."

More talk about getting a turbo 7-10-09: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...923#post667923

There was another thread where you claimed you would have a turbo in 2 weeks which would have been mid-july (haven't found it yet but i will...)

And you even bought a Cyclone (Turbonator knock-off):

"i need help finding/purchasing a V6 turbo/twin turbo/supercharger. Im dying to put one on so if anyone could help me id appreciate it. Nobody else seems to be daring enough yet to try. so i dont have any thing to go by. Just want to see how much it beefens up the car..And this is no lie at all..Those old school Cyclone air flow systems that used to be on infomercials all the time actually worked on my car..LOL..it wasnt much but just goofing off the other day i stopped at Auto Zone and bought one for 35 bucks..put it right before the air filter box"

1st, no one is daring enough to go F/I because there are no F/I kits available because no one has cracked the computer yet! Heneesy and Fastlane have BOTH backed off from talking about the V6 because there is no way to tune the Bosch ECU...

2nd, you BOUGHT A TURBONATOR! (http://www.vorteccyclone.com/index.html) OMG... and buy the sounds of it "put it right before the air filter box" you didn't even install it correctly... ???

Also, does you contract cover you car when things go wrong... like they blow you motor up?

So based on your own posts you will have your car back mid-september...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=35

Also, just because a company fabs up a proto-type and puts it on a car, do you realize how long it can take to turn that all that into a kit they can actually sell? Could easily be 12 to 18 months before a final product hits the market....

Good luck...
Old 08-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #23
Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
This i not the first time you've claimed to be getting a turbo (from 7/15): (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...222#post685222)

"in a month ill take pics of my 1lt after it gets back from having a professional turbo kit made for it..no joking. im getting a quote tomorrow and they want to make a v6 turbo to sell and they needed a v6 to mold it from..i said screw it cant gain unless you give a little first..so 1 month of engineering for my car to have 550-600 whp is well worth it to me."

More talk about getting a turbo 7-10-09: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...923#post667923

There was another thread where you claimed you would have a turbo in 2 weeks which would have been mid-july (haven't found it yet but i will...)

And you even bought a Cyclone (Turbonator knock-off):

"i need help finding/purchasing a V6 turbo/twin turbo/supercharger. Im dying to put one on so if anyone could help me id appreciate it. Nobody else seems to be daring enough yet to try. so i dont have any thing to go by. Just want to see how much it beefens up the car..And this is no lie at all..Those old school Cyclone air flow systems that used to be on infomercials all the time actually worked on my car..LOL..it wasnt much but just goofing off the other day i stopped at Auto Zone and bought one for 35 bucks..put it right before the air filter box"

1st, no one is daring enough to go F/I because there are no F/I kits available because no one has cracked the computer yet! Heneesy and Fastlane have BOTH backed off from talking about the V6 because there is no way to tune the Bosch ECU...

2nd, you BOUGHT A TURBONATOR! (http://www.vorteccyclone.com/index.html) OMG... and buy the sounds of it "put it right before the air filter box" you didn't even install it correctly... ???

Also, does you contract cover you car when things go wrong... like they blow you motor up?

So based on your own posts you will have your car back mid-september...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=35

Also, just because a company fabs up a proto-type and puts it on a car, do you realize how long it can take to turn that all that into a kit they can actually sell? Could easily be 12 to 18 months before a final product hits the market....

Good luck...
Ok I take it back then. Get him..............

Old 08-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #24
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
Well I'm sorry I didn't realize you had talked to everyone in the world that makes turbos. All I'm saying is why be negative and rip on him? If its not true then its not true. If it is it will be cool to see. Why is everyone so mad?
It's very common knowledge that the Bosch ECU in our cars hasn't been cracked yet and has the ability to tune it... believe me, if some one had the ability there would be a thousand posts about it and I would have a tune on my car!

Also, Mohrg continues to keep posting that his car is being shipped off to get a turbo.... after a half dozen of these posts... well, to put it politely, it's time to put up or shut up....
Old 08-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #25
Kakashi

Drives: Camaro SS 2010 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA FAST View Post
Mohrg I had a question to ask you, how much do all these mods cost? I am no expert but I can imagine this Turbo mod must run between $3.5k-$5k and probably more with installation. At these prices why would someone chose a Turbo V6 over a V8? Please don't take this as a criticism I am just curious whats the advantage?
I'm not Mohrg, but as far as advantages I guess I could mention a few

Lower insurance
While driving normally, it will still consume less gas (better MPG) than the V8
He will end up with more HP and TQ than the *stock* V8 (this part is up the company to achieve, but those are the plans at least)
The difference between the cheapest V6 (LS) to the cheapest V8 (1SS) is from ~22k to ~31K, that's ~9K
Turbo V6's *can* run with the big dogs contrary to popular belief (i.e., GNX, Supra, Skyline just to mention a few)
Lower weight
Some people take pleasure in being the underdog, or at least letting other people think they are the underdog
To be different
If you are going for full racer, why not? When you buy the SS you are paying for a bigger motor, bigger brakes (although they stop the car in the same distance), stronger transmission and suspension. But if you plan on upgrading the suspension, brakes and the transmission (or going beyond the specs of the V8 transmission) anyway, then why pay for them in the first place? Buy the cheaper version, and upgrade the components and save on the long run.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the few I could think about at the moment.

p.s. Morgh, good luck and don't let a few people spoil your fun. Some of us still welcome your experiences in this project you are undertaking. These things take time. You will be one of the pioneers for the turbo V6 community

p.s.s. I'm aware that "nobody" seems to be able to tune the computer system on the V6 at this time (besides GM i mean ); maybe the plan on going with a piggyback system?
Old 08-09-2009, 03:05 PM   #26
Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
It's very common knowledge that the Bosch ECU in our cars hasn't been cracked yet and has the ability to tune it... believe me, if some one had the ability there would be a thousand posts about it and I would have a tune on my car!

Also, Mohrg continues to keep posting that his car is being shipped off to get a turbo.... after a half dozen of these posts... well, to put it politely, it's time to put up or shut up....
Ok I took it back. But just so you know I tuned my car myself. Tuned it to my favorite rock station and it took less than 10 minutes. (bad joke )

Old 08-09-2009, 03:07 PM   #27
JTinFL

Drives: Fast ones
Guys, give the guy a break. We will be building the turbo kit for his car. He mistakenly thought it was Hennessey when we were first talking about doing it through pms but we straightened it out. He definitely gets really excited about his car and posts up a lot of things about it.

I have tuned many cars that other people couldnt figure out. I have used many oscilloscope readings to figure out exactly how to tune cars that people said cant be tuned. It is all the same, timing, fuel, and controlling it. The Bosch computers may not be able to be tuned as of now but there are ways around actually tuning the computer.

With this setup, we are going to go very simple, and yes, it can be done. We will just use a FMU to raise the fuel pressure up like Vortech does on a lot of cars and wire up a SS box to do the timing. All the SS box needs is rpm vs boost and it will retard the timing coming from the crank/cam sensor. We will also be able to alter the maf voltage if needed.

Taking out timing is a lot easier than adding timing, it is very possible with this setup. This will be a very simple, easy setup.

If you have any more questions, please contact me. We will be offering this as a kit as well once we have everything done.

Edit: Due to the DI on all of the V6s, we will have to figure out another way for the fuel but we will be able to figure it out.

Last edited by JTinFL; 08-09-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #28
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
Looking forward to the project.

Closed Thread