Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #85
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post

Dude, I totally would have bought TWO cases of each....and even drove out west to see you....and I still would have saved money!!!!! Hahaha. That would've been fun!!!

Thanks a ton for the offer but I ended up going to a different shop and paid $274 for the install header. I was happy as it was way less than paying $460!!! I got them installed this past Monday.

You going to be at any of the upcoming ECC cruises???

Thanks again for the offer. Maybe when I get another set of lowering springs.... I was once quoted $600 for install...so I sold them! LOL.
What shop? I decided to go on vacation to panama at the end of the month and figured this would be the best time to get headers installed since no shops do it up here.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #86
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
What shop? I decided to go on vacation to panama at the end of the month and figured this would be the best time to get headers installed since no shops do it up here.
Sorry, man. Didn't see this until just now. Responded to all of your PM's, though!!

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #87
SIM Curly

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
Sorry, man. Didn't see this until just now. Responded to all of your PM's, though!!
It's all good! Giving them a call once I'm off if they're still open hopefully they say the same price.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #88
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post

I bet they would say ok, they are just trying to see if you will bite on the super high price like alot of their customers probably do.
Yikes, maybe if they are devoid of morals...most (good) shops don't make prices up just to see what people will pay, it's based on the cost of doing business in your area. That's why you see labor prices run the gamut, you could probably call 10 shops across the US and get quotes from $150-$500 depending on location.

Headers really aren't that bad of a job though to do in a home garage, especially if you have buddies and beer
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #89
SIM Curly

Called the place that did yours and they said I'd have to bring my car in to get a quote... Now I don't know what to do :/
Old 06-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #90
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Bring it over an we will slap it on!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #91
SIM Curly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
Bring it over an we will slap it on!
To where?? I live in Northern Alabama about 6 hours away and was planning on buying headers and taking them down there to get installed since shops actually do it there since ill be in panama on vacation for a few days.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #92
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Quote:
To where?? I live in Northern Alabama about 6 hours away and was planning on buying headers and taking them down there to get installed since shops actually do it there since ill be in panama on vacation for a few days.
Lol, im sure me and my dad could slap them on in 8 hours! But I live a little bit farther away then that.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:23 AM   #93
SIM Curly

Quote:
Lol, im sure me and my dad could slap them on in 8 hours! But I live a little bit farther away then that.
Dang. I'm doing everything I can haha might just have to bring them down there and pay whatever I don't see why they couldn't give me a quote though
Old 06-07-2013, 02:08 AM   #94
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Quote:
Dang. I'm doing everything I can haha might just have to bring them down there and pay whatever I don't see why they couldn't give me a quote though
Yeah these shops area always shady like that. They know what a camaro exhaust system looks like, they did White Mary Jane's exhaust don't know why they are so ridiculous about it. If you look at my posts I have 2 bad experience posts I have had in two days. people just don't want to take your money down here. I don't know why. These so called "muffler" shops are just cut and weld shops nothing special really. If I had the funds for a hydraulic lift. I could call myself a "specialty" muffler shop and run it in my garage. These people here are ridiculous, I traveled 50 miles ONE WAY and the guy didn't even look at my car and just blew us off. I would stay far away from these muffler shops as possible and go to a good speed shop. Although the one he suggested in the pan handle might be different. I just think it is ridiculous that they can't even give you a ball park price. It is annoying.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:12 AM   #95
SIM Curly

Quote:
Yeah these shops area always shady like that. They know what a camaro exhaust system looks like, they did White Mary Jane's exhaust don't know why they are so ridiculous about it. If you look at my posts I have 2 bad experience posts I have had in two days. people just don't want to take your money down here. I don't know why. These so called "muffler" shops are just cut and weld shops nothing special really. If I had the funds for a hydraulic lift. I could call myself a "specialty" muffler shop and run it in my garage. These people here are ridiculous, I traveled 50 miles ONE WAY and the guy didn't even look at my car and just blew us off. I would stay far away from these muffler shops as possible and go to a good speed shop. Although the one he suggested in the pan handle might be different. I just think it is ridiculous that they can't even give you a ball park price. It is annoying.
My best shot is doing it in Panama since ill already be there. If not ill have to drive out only way one weekend to Georgia or something. litteraly no one up here works on cars I couldn't even get anyone to do hex vents
Old 06-07-2013, 02:32 AM   #96
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS
xquest91x

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS/RS
Does anyone in AZ know a good tuning shop in pheonix? Or close to it?
45thCAMARO 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #97
SIM Curly

So I found a shop to an hour away that installs headers and they said $900 lol they're crazy I'll drive to another state before I even consider that.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #98
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Quote:
So I found a shop to an hour away that installs headers and they said $900 lol they're crazy I'll drive to another state before I even consider that.

Talked to you via PM....but seriously...I think this shop down here will do it for the same price they did it for me. They were legit and handled things well. I think I remember calling last year about Doug Thorleys I had on back order and they couldn't give me a quote over the phone. Same as they did to you.

Tell them you know me and what price they did my car for and they'll be all over yours for the same price. If not (which I'm sure they will)....tell me exactly when you're there and I'll go over there and talk to them with my receipt in hand (which I won't need because they know exactly who I am and what car I drive since they had tons of people stopping and looking at it and commenting on it while it was at the shop) and we'll talk to them together.

No worries! You'll be good with them I'm pretty sure.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote