Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #29
Hawkeye
I am Iron Man

Drives: LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zq8colorado04 View Post
No offense but I don't like em'.

I mean I know the LS is an incredible automotive deal (i.e. getting a 312hp coupe for like $23k) but badges are all about status, and right now you're bragging that you have the cheapest Camaro that they make.

There's a reason that the V6 Camaros don't come with badges, badges are reserved for the biggest/baddest....a base Corvette doesn't have a badge on the fender, but you better believe that a z06 and zr1 do see what I mean.

Sorry, I know a lot of people's panties are gonna get in a wad over me saying that but I just can't stand when somebody gets online and everyone falls all over themselves telling them how awesome something is without even 1 person stepping up to give an opposing opinion.
Suck an egg.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:45 PM   #30
USAFJeeper
Bringing mullets back

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT/RS
Lot of elitism creeping onto this board. Your LS emblems look great. I really like matchin the car color on the front.

Next - Tinting
USAFJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:50 PM   #31
ponycrusher21
Christopher Fernandez

Drives: Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Suck an egg.
Aw, come on. The man stated his opinion and gave an explanation. Can't we all just get along?

ponycrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #32
zq8colorado04

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFJeeper View Post
Lot of elitism creeping onto this board. Your LS emblems look great. I really like matchin the car color on the front.

Not elitism, It's just a HUGE pet peeve of mine when people ADD badges that didn't come on the car originally...

I knew I was gonna catch flack for voicing my opinion, that's why no one ever tells anyone online that their mod doesn't look good, which is why there is no point in asking "what people think of XXXX mod that I just did?" because you're only going to get one kind of answer and honestly if you're looking for opinions is that really what you want?
3400: 05/12/09
3800: 05/25/09
4200: 05/28/09
5000: 06/09/09
6000: 06/09/09
VIN# A9111943

2SS/RS Black on Black with LS3 and a 6-speed Manual

15% Window Tint
CAI
StainlessWorks Catback Exhaust
BMR 1.4" lowering springs
zq8colorado04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #33
2010LS

Drives: 2010 LS
Quote:
No offense but I don't like em'.

I mean I know the LS is an incredible automotive deal (i.e. getting a 312hp coupe for like $23k) but badges are all about status, and right now you're bragging that you have the cheapest Camaro that they make.

There's a reason that the V6 Camaros don't come with badges, badges are reserved for the biggest/baddest....a base Corvette doesn't have a badge on the fender, but you better believe that a z06 and zr1 do see what I mean.

Sorry, I know a lot of people's panties are gonna get in a wad over me saying that but I just can't stand when somebody gets online and everyone falls all over themselves telling them how awesome something is without even 1 person stepping up to give an opposing opinion.
Nothing wrong with stating your opinion. I guess I AM kinda bragging about my LS, I really love the car and it is an incredible bargain as you stated. Chevy wouldn't badge it for me, so I did it, because I am proud of it. I actually had my dealer find this car for me, 2 states away, when there were others on the lot. This was exactly what I wanted. It's my daily driver, will be in the winter, my wife and I put our two kids in it and love going cruising. My street racing days are way behind me, and if I ever get to the track again I'm sure I can run pretty consistent, so that also works for me. To each his own, but I did badge it because I'm proud of it.
2010LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:12 PM   #34
Hawkeye
I am Iron Man

Quote:
Not elitism, It's just a HUGE pet peeve of mine when people ADD badges that didn't come on the car originally...

I knew I was gonna catch flack for voicing my opinion, that's why no one ever tells anyone online that their mod doesn't look good, which is why there is no point in asking "what people think of XXXX mod that I just did?" because you're only going to get one kind of answer and honestly if you're looking for opinions is that really what you want?
Old 04-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #35
zq8colorado04

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010LS View Post
Nothing wrong with stating your opinion. I guess I AM kinda bragging about my LS, I really love the car and it is an incredible bargain as you stated. Chevy wouldn't badge it for me, so I did it, because I am proud of it. I actually had my dealer find this car for me, 2 states away, when there were others on the lot. This was exactly what I wanted. It's my daily driver, will be in the winter, my wife and I put our two kids in it and love going cruising. My street racing days are way behind me, and if I ever get to the track again I'm sure I can run pretty consistent, so that also works for me. To each his own, but I did badge it because I'm proud of it.
And you should be, my diffenence of opinion with you has absolutely nothing to do with your Camaro being an LS, it's just that it's an LS with a badge and for me personally that doesn't jive. Enjoy your car, do with it what you will, after all you just have to make yourself happy. I was just giving an opinion...1 that I have a sneaking suspicion that more people have but won't come forward with.

Just because you have a wife and kids doesn't mean you can't go tear it up! I'm sure those 312hp are more than enough to make the pavement scream!

Happy hot rodding
VIN# A9111943

15% Window Tint
CAI
Old 04-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #36
2010LS

Quote:

Not catching flack from me, as you stated it is YOUR opinion, and you have a right to that. To be honest though, I didn't post the pictures for people to drool over it and tell me how great my car is, most of us here have this great car or have one on order. The reason I posted is because other LS owners may be interested in something I think (my opinion) looks pretty cool, and isn't advertised anywhere. This thread makes them aware of a product they may like on their own car.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #37
silversurfer ls
cj

Drives: 2010 silver ls with black rally str
Send a message via Yahoo to silversurfer ls
Quote:

im with you man im putting in a order for them this weekend its my daily car that i use and i worked hard to get the money to get it lot of sweat and blood and time so im going to show it off
silversurfer ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #38
zq8colorado04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

Dude, I get it...you think I should go "suck an egg"

Get over it, I'm allowed to post what I think, I didn't insult anybody or put anybody down...just gave my opinion and constuctive criticism.

Have a nice day!
VIN# A9111943

15% Window Tint
CAI
Old 04-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #39
Hawkeye
I am Iron Man

Quote:
It's tasteful. Looks nice. If it looked like crap, I'd be the first to tell.

For example... lambo doors + camaro = EPIC Failure.

Your badge states what it is, it looks good, it looks original, its tasteful, its not claiming anything it isnt and all is fine in the world.

However, badging something its not... now that is a whole different story...

I like your grill badge, not so much the ones on the fender, but still pretty good.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #40
2010LS

Quote:

Just because you have a wife and kids doesn't mean you can't go tear it up! I'm sure those 312hp are more than enough to make the pavement scream!

Happy hot rodding
agreed, just a few years ago we were all jizzing our pants over 275hp LT1s. They are all nice cars, LS, LT, RS, SS.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #41
Hawkeye
I am Iron Man

Quote:
Dude, I get it...you think I should go "suck an egg"

Get over it, I'm allowed to post what I think, I didn't insult anybody or put anybody down...just gave my opinion and constuctive criticism.

Have a nice day!
lol, I drank my Hatorade today and I'm just a little jealous you live in PC, while I'm stuck craptown nowhere, so deal with it!
Old 04-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #42
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
Quote:
It is your car. That makes you absolutely correct!!!!
Personalizing your car is perfectly allowed.

LOOKS VERY NICE!!!

Thanks, Roger
dragonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote