Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-18-2013, 06:06 AM   #15
2012InfernoSS

Drives: 93GMC sierra stepside/ ctsv3
I have 285 fronts thats not going to hurt anything
2012InfernoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #16
parkroadcamaro

Drives: white
Are any of these tires directional. If they are I hope you put the rights on the right side and the lefts on the left side.
parkroadcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #17
Chevyman11

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS M6 LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkroadcamaro View Post
Are any of these tires directional. If they are I hope you put the rights on the right side and the lefts on the left side.
The pirellies are asymetrical. They can go on any corner
Old 02-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #18
gramps_green_rs
ex-RCAF

Drives: 11 SGM1LTRS SV1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman11 View Post
sorry but they are directional, and different sizes. they only go on one way. He just has to put it back were it came off, and all will be right with thd world. ha ha

gramps
Old 02-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #19
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Not the P-Zeros........they're directional.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #20
Chevyman11

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS M6 LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
Not the P-Zeros........they're directional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps_green_rs View Post

sorry but they are directional, and different sizes. they only go on one way. He just has to put it back were it came off, and all will be right with thd world. ha ha

gramps
Go look at the sidewall, it says outside not left and right so they can go on either side. I know they are different sizes, I was referring to the tire in general.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #21
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I'll admit....I did the same thing once myself. I went at least 2 weeks before I noticed it. It was on my passenger side so I never saw it walking up to the car. I acutally didn't find out about it untill I went to sell my fronts for a pair of rears. When I dropped off my wheels after the tires were taken off you could see the 1" difference. I will say the guy at the tire shop didn't notice it either. Neither did the guy at the shop where I bought the other set of wheels. Point being is that it's not super obvious on the width unless you're specifically looking at it.

I ended up putting on the 20x9 all around and there has been no issue. I never even felt the smaller wheel/tire on the rear when driving and haven't seen any kind of damage. That was well over a year ago and this is the first time I've admitted it either. It's not something to be prowd of.

Things happen....your car should be fine.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #22
parkroadcamaro

Drives: white
Since you did not drive the car for a very long time and they are not directional, the only thing about the tires are if they are inside or outside. Now if you continued to drive with different size tires on the back and front it would eventually screw up the clutch pack in the rear end. Also the wheel speed sensor will perform ABS lock up depending on what tire is on the front or back. I think you are ok now if you put the tires and rims in the original position.
parkroadcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #23
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12camlt View Post
I feel like a dork.
Understandably so, but we all make silly mistakes. Swap 'em. QUICK... before someone notices.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #24
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Go look at the sidewall, it says outside not left and right so they can go on either side. I know they are different sizes, I was referring to the tire in general.
^ This. So long as they are mounted with the proper side out, the "direction" they turn doesn't matter. That's why you do a straight side-to-side rotation rather than a crossing front-to-rear type rotation as is common with traditional (all the same size) tires.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #25
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Out of curiosity, why were the tires off to begin with?
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #26
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
Better drive home in reverse
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #27
12camlt

Drives: 2016 2SS
I swap them for my stock 18" steelies during the winter. The p-zeros are summer only rated tires and my camaro is my dd. at times I drive some pretty cold roads in the winter, so I swap them out. Also it makes my p-zeros last longer. :-)
12camlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #28
MrGs SS

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12camlt View Post
I feel like a dork.
Whatever you do, don't go onto the internet forums and tell folks..

Performance Mods-CAI intake, APEX washer bottle relocate and scoop, Ported TB. SLP 160 degree stat, Norris Catch-can, Pfadt Tri-Y headers, BMR F/R sway bars and Arms, Corsa cat back exhaust.
Appearance Mods-Blackout kit (markers, tail lights), black tail light bezels, black chrome trunk lettering, LSR billet engine dress-up kit, sub box. Billet tensioner pulley and thermostat housing (Billetcustom), Heritage grille.

Tuned by Matt @ Florida Speed and Power
379/388 Mustang dyno
MrGs SS is offline   Reply With Quote