Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

View Poll Results: Who Would Win In A Fight?
Floyd Mayweather Jr. 7 41.18%
Manny Pacquiao 10 58.82%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #15
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
no, not really. I'll give you that.

But if people give an opinion on something, it would be good if it was based on facts and logic instead of pulled out of the air/off the top of their head.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #16
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
I see Camaro5 members know as much about boxing as they do about Camaros. The misinformation about fights in here is comical.

Besides DarkneSS, most of you have any idea what you're talking about.
Really? who are you to judge most of us on boxing? Well why don't you feed us facts not fiction information please
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #17
Renegade
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Manny is washed up bro. Bradley beat him with a broken foot. As someone who boxes, I can't tell you how big of a disadvantage that is. Despite that he still walked right through most of Manny's punches.

In addition, Marquez gave Manny huge trouble in their last fight. Marquez is just a slower and weaker Mayweather.

Manny hits hard, but Floyd doesn't get hit. His defense is amazing and he has an amazing chin anyway.

Bradley will still pull good numbers and it doesn't matter much anyway as Floyd is the real money maker anyway.

I legitimately want to see Bradley vs Floyd WAY more than Pac vs Floyd. Pac vs Floyd will be relatively boring and an easy win for Floyd.

Floyd vs Bradley however, now that will be a fight. I'm a Mayweather fan and I want to see him get challenged. There is a serious chance that he could lose to Bradley, which will make for an amazing fight regardless of who wins.

Sorry but Marquez may have won his last fight with Pac, despite what the judges said. It could have gone either way but it seemed like he had a slight edge. I think he is going to win this upcoming fight in December and that will basically be it for Pac. He had a great career though and has nothing to be ashamed of, only proud of.
Do you honestly think Bradley beat Manny? Serious bro? "What are you smoking?" i suggest you re-watch that fight and forget what those lame referees had on the card cause i seen the entire fight on paperview and everyone was stunned even Bradley's family. He was so digust of himself he offered a re-match and didn't even had the "Balls" to say he won fair and square. His excuse? I got to re-watch the tape and then i'll make a better judgement. Honestly i felt the fight was (Set up) for the refs to screw manny for another pay day. Cause Manny smiled the entire time and took it like a champ.

Want facts? Every fighter gets hit sooner or later it's not impossible to hit by a South paw. A convict like Floyd who hit his baby mother several times and she press charges for domestic voilence and he got off easy served a few months in jail. If you ask me he has it coming.

Last ask yourself do the people want to see Bradley v.s Mayweather?
I gaurantee Majority wants to see Manny v.s Mayweather the fight of the decade and it will have 10 folds bigger pay day. Just place your bets.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #18
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Really? who are you to judge most of us on boxing? Well why don't you feed us facts not fiction information please
Have you ever stepped into a ring and engaged in a combat sport with another man? No? Cuz I have.

I have been boxing for a few years now. I put in at least 2 hours in a day at the gym at least 5 days a week.

I study the sport, I train in it, I compete in it. I'm not Joey BagofDonuts who watches a handle full of PPVs per year with a beer in his hand snacking on cheetos.

What facts would you like me to provide? I can go through fight metrics for you if that helps. But knowing the sport, styles make fights. Pac stuggles with counter-punchers. PBF is the best in that aspect, and if you watch who each has fought, and who those individuals have fought, you can come to the same conclusion. You site Pac's 'power' as a factor in the fight. In 8-10 oz gloves, speed is a more important factor. That advantage goes to PBF.

Quote:
Want facts? Every fighter gets hit sooner or later it's not impossible to hit by a South paw. A convict like Floyd who hit his baby mother several times and she press charges for domestic voilence and he got off easy served a few months in jail. If you ask me he has it coming.
How is that a 'fact'? If that's your argument, I could say, "The sky is blue because the earth is mostly water, and that's blue."

Who says it's 'fight people want to see'? Casual fans that know nothing about the sport? Who cares. I want to see legitimate fights.

1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
Old 09-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #19
Renegade
Banned

Quote:
Have you ever stepped into a ring and engaged in a combat sport with another man? No? Cuz I have.

I have been boxing for a few years now. I put in at least 2 hours in a day at the gym at least 5 days a week.

I study the sport, I train in it, I compete in it. I'm not Joey BagofDonuts who watches a handle full of PPVs per year with a beer in his hand snacking on cheetos.

What facts would you like me to provide? I can go through fight metrics for you if that helps. But knowing the sport, styles make fights. Pac stuggles with counter-punchers. PBF is the best in that aspect, and if you watch who each has fought, and who those individuals have fought, you can come to the same conclusion. You site Pac's 'power' as a factor in the fight. In 8-10 oz gloves, speed is a more important factor. That advantage goes to PBF.
I've stepped in the ring before at a gym hell one of my ex even was a fighter in Cali so before you answer your question for me ask.

I just do it to keep in shape for work. I never heard of you must be local got any videos? So we can see..

Not everyone is Joey Donuts just a fan of the sport and competitive.

Just cause your a boxer does that make you more knowledgable then the judges and referee's who scored that terrible "Set up" Bradley V.S. Manny? As boxer can you seriously say with a straight face Bradley won that fight and didn't get his butt handed to him?

So speed will win a fight just grab the opponent and hold on dear life run around the ring until 12 rounds hmm? People don't pay hard earned money to see that. They want to see someone get K.O. or bleeding that's the sport.

I still stand by my word as you stand by yours so i'm guessing your a Mayweather fan so am i. But, keep in mind every fighter is different and every fight is different. It might be Mayweather night or he just might lose focus and it might be Pac-man's night. It can go either way depends who has the "Heart & Focus" that fight night.

If a man can lower himself to hit a woman the mother of his kids..he doesn't deserve to be champ. I don't care much about his personal life and what he does beyond the ring just..the way some people portray him as c0cky boxer that talks a good one and throws money around but, he's no where in the same league as the great talker and boxer Muhammad Ali. It's bound to happen sooner or later he'll be defeated only boxer that can do it today is Manny and that's a fact. Bradley..don't make me laugh
Old 09-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #20
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Quote:
I've stepped in the ring before at a gym hell one of my ex even was a fighter in Cali so before you answer your question for me ask.
A sanctioned fight? my 5 year old nephew has 'stepped into the ring before' but I don't call him a fighter

Quote:
I just do it to keep in shape for work. I never heard of you must be local got any videos? So we can see.
I never said I was a ranked fighter, I just have said I have fought before. I'll try and get some videos next time we spar at one of the gyms. All I have right now are my weightlift PR pics if you like?

Quote:
Not everyone is Joey Donuts just a fan of the sport and competitive.

Just cause your a boxer does that make you more knowledgable then the judges and referee's who scored that terrible "Set up" Bradley V.S. Manny? As boxer can you seriously say with a straight face Bradley won that fight and didn't get his butt handed to him?
I hate to break it to you, but not every fight that is scored controversely is a "set up". Bradley had a great game plan and executed it. Fight stats don't always tell the whole story.

Quote:
So speed will win a fight just grab the opponent and hold on dear life run around the ring until 12 rounds hmm? People don't pay hard earned money to see that. They want to see someone get K.O. or bleeding that's the sport...
Talkin hand speed here. Boxing stuff. That is whats speed is in the boxing world. You are talking about footwork. Another technical boxing term. I pay to see technique and skill, hate to break it to ya. Most true boxing fans are the same.

Quote:
I still stand by my word as you stand by yours so i'm guessing your a Mayweather fan so am i. But, keep in mind every fighter is different and every fight is different. It might be Mayweather night or he just might lose focus and it might be Pac-man's night. It can go either way depends who has the "Heart & Focus" that fight night...
Honestly, I'm not a fan of either. Which allows me to look at it without bias. PBF has the tools to beat Pac. end o story.

Quote:
If a man can lower himself to hit a woman the mother of his kids..he doesn't deserve to be champ. I don't care much about his personal life and what he does beyond the ring just..the way some people portray him as c0cky boxer that talks a good one and throws money around but, he's no where in the same league as the great talker and boxer Muhammad Ali. It's bound to happen sooner or later he'll be defeated only boxer that can do it today is Manny and that's a fact. Bradley..don't make me laugh
Again, never said I was a PBF fan. I met him once in Vegas and he was the biggest A-Hole in the world to me. I tried to approach him very nicely and respectfully and he still treated me like dirt. Doesn't change the fact that he is probably the most talented boxer of the decade. And I will wager just about anything you want that he would beat Pac. Go ahead, name it.

1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
Old 09-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #21
Renegade
Banned

Quote:
A sanctioned fight? my 5 year old nephew has 'stepped into the ring before' but I don't call him a fighter

I never said I was a ranked fighter, I just have said I have fought before. I'll try and get some videos next time we spar at one of the gyms. All I have right now are my weightlift PR pics if you like?

I hate to break it to you, but not every fight that is scored controversely is a "set up". Bradley had a great game plan and executed it. Fight stats don't always tell the whole story.

Talkin hand speed here. Boxing stuff. That is whats speed is in the boxing world. You are talking about footwork. Another technical boxing term. I pay to see technique and skill, hate to break it to ya. Most true boxing fans are the same.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of either. Which allows me to look at it without bias. PBF has the tools to beat Pac. end o story.

Again, never said I was a PBF fan. I met him once in Vegas and he was the biggest A-Hole in the world to me. I tried to approach him very nicely and respectfully and he still treated me like dirt. Doesn't change the fact that he is probably the most talented boxer of the decade. And I will wager just about anything you want that he would beat Pac. Go ahead, name it.
Yeah but, yoit 5 year old nephew would get knocked out before the count of 3 like i said i do it for fun (no bragging rights)

Sure man post i welcome it. Like i said i got nothing against you and your beliefs.

Yes Bradley game plan was run, grab, and jab. And i almost forgot pray for a miracle

I'm not biased i'm a fan of both each has it's advantages and dis-advantages.

Until they stop acting like divas and dirty politics on twitter and just fight it's anyones game a this point. They just need to hurry up before they get too old and no one cares anymore.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #22
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Quote:
Yeah but, yoit 5 year old nephew would get knocked out before the count of 3 like i said i do it for fun (no bragging rights)

Sure man post i welcome it. Like i said i got nothing against you and your beliefs.

Yes Bradley game plan was run, grab, and jab. And i almost forgot pray for a miracle

I'm not biased i'm a fan of both each has it's advantages and dis-advantages.

Until they stop acting like divas and dirty politics on twitter and just fight it's anyones game a this point. They just need to hurry up before they get too old and no one cares anymore.
Allrighty... Here is part of my Deadlift session from yesterday, just to prove I'm not just 'keyboard warrior' status
Attached Images

1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
Old 09-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #23
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
no, he didn't give it back. lol

Overall, Pacquiao landed 253 punches to Bradley's total of 159.

Pacquiao was more accurate, especially with his power punches. He landed 190 power punches to Bradley's 108.
Don't judge based off the Compubox stats alone. I have partners I spar with that I can barely take more than 15-20 punches without taking pain. Then there are others who could hit me 50-80 times and I would barely feel it.

The fact is that Bradley ate Pac's punches like they were nothing and kept coming forward on badly injured feet the entire fight. Pac was getting hurt by Bradley no question.

You can't score boxing solely based off the number punches landed. If you throw a ton more punches and you cant hurt the guy, yet he throws fewer and hurts you, why do you deserve the win? Strength and damage of the punches is factored into the judges decision.

Quote:
Do you honestly think Bradley beat Manny? Serious bro? "What are you smoking?" i suggest you re-watch that fight and forget what those lame referees had on the card cause i seen the entire fight on paperview and everyone was stunned even Bradley's family. He was so digust of himself he offered a re-match and didn't even had the "Balls" to say he won fair and square. His excuse? I got to re-watch the tape and then i'll make a better judgement. Honestly i felt the fight was (Set up) for the refs to screw manny for another pay day. Cause Manny smiled the entire time and took it like a champ.

Last ask yourself do the people want to see Bradley v.s Mayweather?
I gaurantee Majority wants to see Manny v.s Mayweather the fight of the decade and it will have 10 folds bigger pay day. Just place your bets.
I'm going to rewatch that fight just for you because I have some free time. I'll type up a detailed analysis on why Bradley won if you'd like. From what I remember Bradley was backing up Pac for a majority of the rounds and causing much more damage. Bradley seemed completely unfazed by any of Pacs shots and kept coming forward. General boxing 101, if you're backing up the whole fight, you aren't winning.

Now your part about Floyd smh man. You can't bring Floyd's personal issues into discussion about his boxing skill. I hate how he conducts himself out of the ring but that doesn't for a second change my opinion of what he does in the ring.

Fact is, its highly likely he will dominate Pac, plain and simple.

And do most people want to see Mayweather vs Pac? Of course, but does that make it a good fight? NO! Just because the majority want to see it doesn't make it the better fight. People who actually understand boxing should recognize Bradley vs Mayweather will be a SIGNIFICANTLY more entertaining fight.

Why? Because Pac has extremely low chances while Bradley has a really good chance of beating Floyd. I don't get why Pac fans are in such extreme denial.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:59 PM   #24
jimmy5

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #450
I thought Victor Ortiz was going to put up a good challenge to Floyd, and he was in there until that absolutely flagrant headbutt he pulled, then Floyd pretty much caught him off guard.
The spotlight was too much for Ortiz, and he was being very dirty in that fight.

Manny vs Mayweather would be the only PPV fight I would buy. I think a few years ago when this was proposed Mayweather was dodging out on the fight because he was afraid of being beaten.
Now I think Mayweather would destroy Manny.
jimmy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #25
C5RocksC5
Banned

Quote:
Manny is washed up bro. Bradley beat him with a broken foot. As someone who boxes, I can't tell you how big of a disadvantage that is. Despite that he still walked right through most of Manny's punches.

In addition, Marquez gave Manny huge trouble in their last fight. Marquez is just a slower and weaker Mayweather.

Manny hits hard, but Floyd doesn't get hit. His defense is amazing and he has an amazing chin anyway.

Bradley will still pull good numbers and it doesn't matter much anyway as Floyd is the real money maker anyway.

I legitimately want to see Bradley vs Floyd WAY more than Pac vs Floyd. Pac vs Floyd will be relatively boring and an easy win for Floyd.

Floyd vs Bradley however, now that will be a fight. I'm a Mayweather fan and I want to see him get challenged. There is a serious chance that he could lose to Bradley, which will make for an amazing fight regardless of who wins.

Sorry but Marquez may have won his last fight with Pac, despite what the judges said. It could have gone either way but it seemed like he had a slight edge. I think he is going to win this upcoming fight in December and that will basically be it for Pac. He had a great career though and has nothing to be ashamed of, only proud of.
as someone who boxes, you really think Tim beat Manny? I agree, you can't score a fight based on compubox but when 5 licensed boxing judges reviewed the fight tape during the investigation, all 5 judges scored the fight for Manny..it wasn't even close. But that crap happens in boxing and Arum doesn't want Manny to fight Tim again because of low PPV #s from their last fight. Manny vs JMM IV is more profitable. Tim simply lacks the fanbase to sell PPV.

Flloyd vs Manny...there is only one way to find out..they must fight.
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #26
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
You can't score boxing solely based off the number punches landed. If you throw a ton more punches and you cant hurt the guy, yet he throws fewer and hurts you, why do you deserve the win? Strength and damage of the punches is factored into the judges decision.
That's just it, Bradley threw more punches, landed fewer...

I mean, bradley threw a lot of "pawing" jabs, basically feeling manny out.

i know you can't just go by number of punches landed, you also have to include the power punches. the ones that can cause the most damage. which is why i included the power punches that were landed. If neither fighter gets knocked down, then all you really have are numbers. manny threw less punches, landed more punches overall and landed more power punches. So unless Bradley was able to knock pac down in a few rounds, he really shouldn't have won.

Also, the World Boxing Organisation (WBO) instigated a review.
Five international judges evaluated a video of the fight and they unanimously scored it in favour of Pacquiao.
But the original result stands as the WBO does not have the power to overturn it.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #27
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdari View Post
as someone who boxes, you really think Tim beat Manny? I agree, you can't score a fight based on compubox but when 5 licensed boxing judges reviewed the fight tape during the investigation, all 5 judges scored the fight for Manny..it wasn't even close. But that crap happens in boxing and Arum doesn't want Manny to fight Tim again because of low PPV #s from their last fight. Manny vs JMM IV is more profitable. Tim simply lacks the fanbase to sell PPV.

Flloyd vs Manny...there is only one way to find out..they must fight.
I just rewatched the fight and I do. Manny took most of the early rounds, 4/5 rounds. After that he just seemed to stop and just didnt do anything. Pretty much every round after round 5 went to Bradley imo. He skillfully danced around the ring landing a shot here and there. Once in a while Manny would throw a wild flurry that hardly connected, despite everyone going crazy.

The announcers said nothing when Bradley landed shots but screamed like the world was ending anytime Manny landed anything.

Bradley was definitely hurting Pac while Bradley was completely unfazed despite taking some straight crosses to the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
That's just it, Bradley threw more punches, landed fewer...

I mean, bradley threw a lot of "pawing" jabs, basically feeling manny out.

i know you can't just go by number of punches landed, you also have to include the power punches. the ones that can cause the most damage. which is why i included the power punches that were landed. If neither fighter gets knocked down, then all you really have are numbers. manny threw less punches, landed more punches overall and landed more power punches. So unless Bradley was able to knock pac down in a few rounds, he really shouldn't have won.

Also, the World Boxing Organisation (WBO) instigated a review.
Five international judges evaluated a video of the fight and they unanimously scored it in favour of Pacquiao.
But the original result stands as the WBO does not have the power to overturn it.
Ive always seriously doubted Compubox. 2 people sitting the pushing buttons? It should be 3 for each fighter and then the totals should be averaged. Manny threw so many punches that the announcers said connected when upon closer examination I noticed Bradley slipped them and dodged them.

Just a bunch of wild flurries that did no damage. The bias is more than obvious and I'm glad the judges agree with me and scored it properly.

If there is ever a rematch, expect Pac to get leveled. Had Bradley's feet been okay Manny would have been knocked out in the later rounds. The boy fought with a fractured foot...

Planting yourself is SO important when it comes to boxing. That injury likely sapped all his power and he still was able to check Manny.

http://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-t...egged-punching

WHEELMAN! Do check out that site if you don't already know about it.

Keep in mind too, that the WBO was made popular by Pac among other fighters.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #28
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Preach it brother! Well said.

Pac is saying he doesn't need a rematch with Bradley cuz, "I already won that fight, I just didn't get my hand raised." wtf? That's a lot different then his thoughts right after the fight. I'd love to see a rematch. But we're getting Pacquiao vs Marquez 62534, which Pac isn't a sure thing for either.

I have been to that site actually, it's great! Have you read Boxing Mastery by Mark Hatmaker? It's pretty good.

1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold