Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-05-2014, 10:51 PM   #29
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Ive got a 2011 2SS thats also garage kept. I wrote out a check for 43k. Some people think car are just cars where to me this car is special. Before I was sent to Iraq, I knew that I wanted to come home to this car and thats exactly what I did. Save up for a whole year while I was gone and bought this awesome car. Because this car is so special to me, I plan on keeping it for a lifetime, but I can't do that if I am driving it in the sand, salt, and snow where I have a higher chance of getting into a car accident, rust, or paint getting sand blasted. Everyone has their own reasons. If its your only DD and you drive it year round and you enjoy...kudos to you.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:00 PM   #30
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Mine lives in storage and stays outside a few days. Reason for buying it? Racecar . Only gets driven to race.
I have an HHR for work and a (2011) Harley F150 to travel 2011 6.2L F150 with 18,900 miles
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:01 PM   #31
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Honestly...My view on this is so skewed

I DD my 1le but I work from home.

If it snows I don't drive. If it raining I don't really like to go anywhere anyways. I also will often just borrow my wife all wheel drive Benz.

So I dd it but put maybe 500 miles on it a month.

I did get caught off guard at the gym the other day....walk out side and it had been snowing, maybe an inch tops. Car handled like shit on the way home on stock g2's
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:01 PM   #32
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I think it is 100% to each his own. Some people will still have a really nice car in 20 years to leave to a family member, others will have a few good years of hard driven memories. I'll be somewhere in between. DD now, hoping to retire it before it hits 50k on the odometer and garage it from there.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:14 PM   #33
Blue17CamaroZL1
650HP soon to come

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1
I garage/store my Camaro in the winter time for a few reasons:

1) So this doesn't happen:

2) I like to take my Camaro to car shows, and driving it in the winter time just kills that car show quality. Between the de-icing salts, the mud, the crap and everything else. I like to have my car in tip top shape for car shows.

3) I really like this car a lot so I want it to last and not reach the 100K mile mark in a few years like I have on other vehicles.

Blue17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:34 PM   #34
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
My Camaro does spend a bit of time in the garage and it never sees any bad weather either. If a bug hits it or a bird shits on it, it gets a detail - LOL !!!

So the point here is that I have 6 vehicles and can't drive more than one of them at the same time. I do jump in the Camaro once or twice a week for a spin. Gotta circulate those fluids and keep the battery up you know. Oh, and it's a thrill too.
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:35 PM   #35
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast/Furious View Post
This is my only car that I have ever owned. I saved up the money for it and I want to drive the hell out of it.
My Camaro is not my only car, I have 2 others. I also saved up the money for it and will also drive the hell out of it, but only on bright sunny days.

Quote:
I do not store my car it sits outside in the rain/sleet/snow. Two days ago I even drove it through 2-4 inches of snow with P Zeros on it. (find the other thread)
It is your car and if you want to drive it in the snow I don't care. However, please be responsible and remove the P Zeros for at least an all season tire for everyone's safety. Not that I want to see anything bad happen to you, but if you put it in the ditch driving in snow with P Zeros on it you will deserve it. And if you do kill someone I sure hope it isn't one of my loved ones.

Quote:
A couple months ago I went to a Cars & Coffee near me (Katie's in DC) and there was a Red GT-R I respected so much because he had brake dust all over his wheels dirt all on the low parts of the body. You could tell he drove the heck out of his $100k car.
I take tremendous pride in my Camaro and I would be totally embarrassed to have my car seen like this.

Quote:
Please do not think I think negatively of you if you garage keep your Camaro. I respect everyone's decision even if I do not agree with them.
If you really mean this then what is the point of this thread.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:16 AM   #36
ex-SS-ve

All mine are daily drivers. Just depends on which one im driving that particular day. Already 9k miles on my zl1. I get the usual why are you driving them and putting miles on them. I guess i prefer to enjoy what i pay for and get good use out of them while staying in pristine shape. Besides im not saving my cars for anyone else. However they all sleep in a garage .
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:48 AM   #37
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
Honestly...My view on this is so skewed

I DD my 1le but I work from home.

If it snows I don't drive. If it raining I don't really like to go anywhere anyways. I also will often just borrow my wife all wheel drive Benz.

So I dd it but put maybe 500 miles on it a month.

I did get caught off guard at the gym the other day....walk out side and it had been snowing, maybe an inch tops. Car handled like shit on the way home on stock g2's
It seems like you and the OP might have your panties in a bunch because people don't have or want to drive their Camaro everyday. So you make assumptions on why people don't drive their cars daily and you work from home? Then there's the comment about retaining the car's value which no one brought up but you did. Stop thinking that you know people's situations and tend to your matters. To each his own, think about it.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:12 AM   #38
eymang

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
Ah yes, my weekend fun machine!
eymang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:38 AM   #39
Chalk_2

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Mine is a daily driver. Just had a bad ice storm here in north Texas and thanks to a new set of nitto motivo's I didn't have much trouble. I also have a manuel trans that I think saved me.
Chalk_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:58 AM   #40
dgriddick

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Why.. the exact reason some 69 camaros are still around and others rusted out and look like crap. Its not about the cost.. its about how you want it to look.. if your standards are low.. door ding.. scratches are ok... smell of cigarette smoke... then treat it that way, its yours.. for others .. based on their income it is their exotic car and who cars if someone respects it because its beat, has up high miles and dirty.. its yours and no ones else's business.. That's why they made more than one.. enjoy yours.. appreciate others..
dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:39 AM   #41
Mannsiam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Mine is garaged and covered for the winter (only 770 miles on it). I saved up and got a daily driver before I got the Camaro just for that reason, so I wouldnt have to drive it everyday. My neighbor has a 11 vette as a daily driver (his only car) so he drives it in rain, sleet, and snow.

Yeah Im a Chevy Guy. 11 Silverado, 12 Malibu, 14 Camaro 1LE
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:54 AM   #42
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Hey all,

So I own a 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS it is my daily driver and my ONLY car.

I do not store my car it sits outside in the rain/sleet/snow. Two days ago I even drove it through 2-4 inches of snow with P Zeros on it. (find the other thread)

I have a friend of a friend who has a slighty older Camaro 2SS I believe it is a 2010-2011 and he stores his in the garage and says it he has not even touched the windshield wipers. He not only does not drive it in any thing that is not sunny, he barely drives it period.

Why?

This is my only car that I have ever owned. I saved up the money for it and I want to drive the hell out of it.

A couple months ago I went to a Cars & Coffee near me (Katie's in DC) and there was a Red GT-R I respected so much because he had brake dust all over his wheels dirt all on the low parts of the body. You could tell he drove the heck out of his $100k car.

BUT then you have $30-40k-ish Camaro's being garage kept?

I guess I just do not see the point of a Camaro less than a ZL1 being garage kept and not driven more. (I cannot be alone right? lol)

Please do not think I think negatively of you if you garage keep your Camaro. I respect everyone's decision even if I do not agree with them.
Come on now. That's a silly question. Are all people suppose to be the same?