Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 02-09-2010, 07:23 AM   #1
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
Rear Bumper (?) Removal

How do you take the rear piece off the back? Not the bumper, but the piece below it. The black piece pictured here:

Just like that picture, I need to get a receiver on my car so I can stick a bike rack on there. But that CURT hitch will not work on my new england roads. It will scrape every time I pull out of a parking lot. So I need to take that rear bumper area piece off, so I can see if it's going to be possible to customize a receiver that is much higher. I don't mind cutting a square in that piece and having the receiver come right out of it. It would be the perfect height, and once I stick a transformers receiver cover on it, no one would even know I had a hitch. Well, unless there were a bunch of bikes back there.