Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #43
Camaro509

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Best looking CAI I've seen so far and add to that the fact it is insulated? Awesome

Fold for team 11108 to help find a cure!
Folding@home Stanford's Research DC Program.
Camaro509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:01 AM   #44
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Drives: 2010 camaro IOM/2SS/RS/sunroof
Send a message via AIM to eddie SS
Interesting..... ADM has been my 1st choice, but............ I guess this Sunday's comparo is looking better and BETTER.

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Mods I have but not installed yet: rear trunk black out, Diablosport Trinity

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
eddie SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #45
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I like it.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:57 AM   #46
SwiftCat
Get me my meds!

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 & solid black, baby!
I'll admit that their product looks pretty nice, but their website sure leaves something to be desired. Most of the hyperlinks are non-functional, and there seems to be listed very few supported products. For being in business for 5 years making CAIs, they sure don't offer much...at least not on their website.
Swifty

The legend continues...
SwiftCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #47
freemaSSon
Pat @ ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: CGM SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSky View Post
LOL!!!!!!

I see someone is getting nervous. I see someones prices drops and intake design changes coming. lol Im going to stop there because James told me not to get involved.
Not at all.

I tend not to post in CAI product threads generally because I do not like what they are offereing. I saw some similar things in this product and I liked what I saw. ADM has perfected the high flow air box design over time. I can assure you we will not be using anything from what we have seen. Our product is what it is and we and many other performance shops have proven it's worth time and time again.

AGAIN KUDOS to CAI!

Pat

"There are two types of racers: cheaters...and losers."
Smokey Yunick

freemaSSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:12 PM   #48
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
WOW! I love it! but will it get a CARB OE number... I need for CA.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:19 PM   #49
Eric-MPD1.com

Drives: Cool parts for cool cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftCat View Post
I'll admit that their product looks pretty nice, but their website sure leaves something to be desired. Most of the hyperlinks are non-functional, and there seems to be listed very few supported products. For being in business for 5 years making CAIs, they sure don't offer much...at least not on their website.
Swifty
Did all these positive comments make you search for something negative?

James does a killer looking and performing CAI. The GTO dyno'ed on a stock 04 was good for 24 rear wheel hp. Also has a new website in the works designed by someone other than himself unlike his current website.

Not everyone can grow their business as fast as Bill Gates did.
Eric-MPD1.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #50
2Tightwads
Banned

Drives: 2002 LS1 swapped into a 1994 Z
I'll get one in person and tell you what I think. Website callout...come on? You wanna pay more for the product so you can have a feeling your have a time share investment in their company or something? Plenty of high prices companies out there already charging a small fortune to mod these cars. You want them to have a reason to become one too? Gheez guys! They sure took some time to R&D this thing. Money well spent in the right places indeed. I'm waiting for our dealer acct. to get setup. Adding another company to our list of quality manufacturers. Come on Cold Air Inductions!
2Tightwads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #51
SwiftCat
Get me my meds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-MPD1.com View Post
Did all these positive comments make you search for something negative?

James does a killer looking and performing CAI. The GTO dyno'ed on a stock 04 was good for 24 rear wheel hp. Also has a new website in the works designed by someone other than himself unlike his current website.

Not everyone can grow their business as fast as Bill Gates did.
I'm not looking to be negative, mano. I was intrigued by the look of his CAI, and hit the link to check out his products. I made the comment that I did because I was unable to get access to anything of substance. As the ole' addage goes in business, "you're only as successful as your marketing technique."
Swifty

The legend continues...
Old 10-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #52
2Tightwads
Banned

Drives: 2002 LS1 swapped into a 1994 Z
This thread seems to be working pretty well without a need for any additional website guru funding. Sure as hell got my attention!
2Tightwads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #53
SwiftCat
Get me my meds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tightwads View Post
I'll get one in person and tell you what I think. Website callout...come on? You wanna pay more for the product so you can have a feeling your have a time share investment in their company or something? Plenty of high prices companies out there already charging a small fortune to mod these cars. You want them to have a reason to become one too? Gheez guys! They sure took some time to R&D this thing. Money well spent in the right places indeed. I'm waiting for our dealer acct. to get setup. Adding another company to our list of quality manufacturers. Come on Cold Air Inductions!
I get your point...I guess I'll just sit back, relax, and take in what info I can from the pics and info here on Camaro5.
No offense intended.
Swifty

The legend continues...
Old 10-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #54
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
I wonder if they use eagle shield insulation?

D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:57 AM   #55
AdamCzap

Drives: 18 zl1, 17 sierra denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1BADZ View Post
I wonder if they use eagle shield insulation?
I'm not sure what that is, but the stuff that's in there is about 1/4" thick or so. It's spread pretty evenly so that helps.
AdamCzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #56
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
The heck with the CAI... I want the 5D II!!!!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cai, cai shootout, cold air intake, custom, michigan