Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Middle East

Old 11-24-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
Prodigy CGM/LS3

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM/LS3
Question Kuwait Dealer (Safat Al-Ghanim), SS/M6 Camaro...

I've put an order down a while back for a 2010 Camaro (CGM SS/RS M6) from Safat Al-Ghanim dealer in Kuwait, and I can't tell you how slow days are passing by now since I've ordered it, and according to what the salesman said; The car won't make it here untill mid January 2010 :(. But I'm pretty sure that this beast is worth every minute I spend waiting for it.

But here's the thing I need your help with, after talking with some of my friends, I was told that all the 2010 Camaro SS/M6 that are shipped over to Kuwait Dealership (Safat Al-Ghanim) have the L99 engine with their transmissions swapped. I mean no disrespect to the L99, they are amazing engines, but I'd really like to have the LS3 under my hood.

Could you guys please help me verify this info, I tried to gain some info from the Salesman but people work there have no idea whats going on, all they want to do is sell sell sell..., could really use your input into this and any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Prodigy CGM/LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
Anwro
Red 2SS

Drives: Camaros
dude .. here is what i think

do not i mean DO NOT take any information about cars from q8i's , i mean MOST of them they just bla bla and dunno what are they talking about ,,

o back to your order , Congrats 1st on your awaiting camaro , 2snd what you ordered is 2010 right ? so why the hell would gm swap engines in the same year model .. , all 2010 camaros are L99 for A6 , and LS3 for M6..

i don't see why do they call the Manuel L99 ??
transitions aren't swap , you can see that when you get your car and check the order sheet , it will be equipped with the LS3 , and plus what confirms that we do have an LS3 , a thread about a broken LS3 transmission is posted somewhere here in ME forum which is the very same problem LS3 engines do have worldwide ..

Safat ALGhanim can't just swap anything they wan's they all come as they are meant to be built ,

so no worrys my friend

2010 Camaro 2ss L99 Red - Kooks+Corsa+VR+Ebiach LowerKit-
2002 Camaro SS LS1 Black - Kooks+SLP+Hurst-
2009 Escalade Pearl White - Corsa -
Anwro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwro View Post
dude .. here is what i think

do not i mean DO NOT take any information about cars from q8i's , i mean MOST of them they just bla bla and dunno what are they talking about ,,

o back to your order , Congrats 1st on your awaiting camaro , 2snd what you ordered is 2010 right ? so why the hell would gm swap engines in the same year model .. , all 2010 camaros are L99 for A6 , and LS3 for M6..

i don't see why do they call the Manuel L99 ??
transitions aren't swap , you can see that when you get your car and check the order sheet , it will be equipped with the LS3 , and plus what confirms that we do have an LS3 , a thread about a broken LS3 transmission is posted somewhere here in ME forum which is the very same problem LS3 engines do have worldwide ..

Safat ALGhanim can't just swap anything they wan's they all come as they are meant to be built ,

so no worrys my friend

Hey , thats my car with a broken shaft your talking about

No disrespect meant Anwro but the broken gear has nothing to do with engine. Its the manual gear that is teh problem. Put the same gear with a faulty shaft on any car and it would break regardlesss of engine.

I just wanted to clear that up.

Secondly, I highly doubt they would swap engines as there is no point at all for putting an l99 in there with a manual gear!

All cars come through GM middle east and they have 1 GULF SPEC version for each of the SS manual and SS Auto which is almost identical to the US spec! (dont ask me what the differences are if any at all!)

But I wouldnt worry abuot the l99 being under the hood. Check out the camaroarabia webpage (which is for all GCC) and it says V8 manual 426 hp (I.e. LS3) and Auto 400hp (i.e. l99)
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:57 AM   #4
Prodigy CGM/LS3

Thank you

Thank you Anwro and AlSuwaidi for your reasuring replies, I've also went this morning to the dealer and asked to meet the showroom manager and the head tech in Safat Al-Ghanim garage and they both also told me the same thing and assured that the M6 shipped over to Kuwait has an LS3 enigine.

AlSuwaidi, I hope everything is fine with you car now and you got your new transmission installed, keep us updated.

I've also ordered a Diablo U7194 hand held tuner and a Noweeds 2.5" dual diverter .

inshallah, when I get the car I'll post some pics and show u guys the modds.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:52 AM   #5
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
yeah you do that!

I'm in a big argument with them right now about my car! The dealer ordered the part but by ship!! they expected me to wait a month!! I was like no way!

I talked to the person in charge of dealer and he seemed like no help so I pulled a few strings to find someone high up in GM ME and now they will sort the dealer out.

Im still waiting for a final reply.

The dealer can force GM to order the part by plane if they decide not to (which they wont as the guy I talked to said he will arrange one by air.) cause its a guarantee job and charge them for being late cause they are using up dealer workshop space when its a guarantee job(ie manufacturer defect)!
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:43 AM   #6
Anwro
Red 2SS

AlSuwaidi , thanks for information add ..

BTW " Prodigy CGM/LS3 " was wondering whom seller are you directly buying your camaro ? i mean his name ..

Old 11-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #7
Prodigy CGM/LS3

Anwro, I got the deal through Salman Othman, he's pretty good, he hooked me up with a good discount I think, let me know if you need him ill PM you his cell phone number.

AlSwuaidi, I really wish the best of luck man, o Allah i3eanik 3ala shoghol I'll wikalat wil kafala, inshallah tin7al ib agrab wagt o inchoof I'll SS malik ila3li3 bil shari3
Old 11-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
Anwro
Red 2SS

thanx , i received my camaro 2 months ago by Haitham. i really don't recomend this guy very bad costumer service , i don't wanna go with the details but it was wosrt seller ever..

please don't 4get posting the very 1st pics of your camaro (A) we never get enough from these honeys

Old 11-26-2009, 01:19 AM   #9
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Unhappy

[QUOTE=Prodigy CGM/LS3;1214652]Anwro, I got the deal through Salman Othman, he's pretty good, he hooked me up with a good discount I think, let me know if you need him ill PM you his cell phone number.

Prodigy, Ive ordered my Camaro early September and I was first promised to receive it by mid October but as it did not arrive due to the salesman's ordering mistake, he re-ordered it again and promised again to come in November. So November comes and the salesman 'Kamal Elias' called me and told me your car has arrived at PORT for clearance so come in and finish the full payment. So i went with my dad and they reconfirmed it has arrived, so we organised to come the next day to pay all in full (CASH). So the next day comes and I was at work, the salesman calls me saying: I wanted to tell you your camaro in the oprtion n colour you ordered did not arrive! and there is no sign of it at Port (Jamarik)! Man i flipppppped! thats 2 times he made order mistakes!!!!!! Now im still waiting and promised that itl arrive today 26th November and will go to Jamarik 1st Dec cause of Eid, and itl take 10days for clearance. So he said ull have it by 10-15dec (mid December).

I have not one bit of trust with safat alghanim now and theyre messing about, I really dont know what to do if my camaro doesn't arrive in december as they promised.

I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!

I'd appriciate your advise and support.

Thanx
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #10
Q8Y

Drives: '12 F150
I'm conforming what Anwro and AlSuwaidi were saying that Ss M6 are Ls3s
I have M6 SS bought from alghanim sharq. but just to make sure ask for the vin number 8 digits from the left it's the engine type it should say W=for LS3\J=L99
good luck
Old 11-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #11
Anwro
Red 2SS

[QUOTE=Camaro_h;1217764]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy CGM/LS3 View Post
Anwro, I got the deal through Salman Othman, he's pretty good, he hooked me up with a good discount I think, let me know if you need him ill PM you his cell phone number.

Prodigy, Ive ordered my Camaro early September and I was first promised to receive it by mid October but as it did not arrive due to the salesman's ordering mistake, he re-ordered it again and promised again to come in November. So November comes and the salesman 'Kamal Elias' called me and told me your car has arrived at PORT for clearance so come in and finish the full payment. So i went with my dad and they reconfirmed it has arrived, so we organised to come the next day to pay all in full (CASH). So the next day comes and I was at work, the salesman calls me saying: I wanted to tell you your camaro in the oprtion n colour you ordered did not arrive! and there is no sign of it at Port (Jamarik)! Man i flipppppped! thats 2 times he made order mistakes!!!!!! Now im still waiting and promised that itl arrive today 26th November and will go to Jamarik 1st Dec cause of Eid, and itl take 10days for clearance. So he said ull have it by 10-15dec (mid December).

I have not one bit of trust with safat alghanim now and theyre messing about, I really dont know what to do if my camaro doesn't arrive in december as they promised.

I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!

I'd appriciate your advise and support.

Thanx

1ST you should know Sfat Alghanim doesn't order your camaro by YOUR option , THEY chose what they want directly From UAE , and match bookers orders and complete the sale ..

and basically the very same thing happened to me , which was that i ordered victory Red with beige interior 2ss/RS , and booking it with the nonsense 500KD and after paying CASH , the salesman Haitham was like " Yours is 2SS with no-rs Package !! and i don't know why he was insisting that the RS was only the front HID'S ONLY !! so i just laughed and take away the embarrassment in front of the other salesman and he promised me 2 that the headlights would work 1000% perfectly , or Plug & play .. and guss what , after 2 months now , they actuary don't fit , many cutting and rewiring need wich costs about 1,250 kd and the rs pack costs in Kuwait only 500 , Chrome Zone makes it exactly @ 1,500 KD , what a rip off and a great service @ the dealer , totally sucks .. although i went to alghanim 3ashan awa5r 3n el mulla and behbehani , but this proves they are only dumbs with money starvers .

and if i were you i'd go directly to the showroom manger and start a fights , that's how i got my camaro , which was scheduled to arrive in august then 26aug , then 1stseptember .. and finely 26 September , and drove it at the 1st of October

good luck

Old 11-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #12
Prodigy CGM/LS3

Anwro:
Sorry, small correction, the salesman is called Osama Othman not Salman. Congratulations on your new Camaro , ya36eek 5airha wikafeek sharha, o allah ibariklik ibsayartik inshallah. inshallah I'll definatley post pics once I get the car.

Good luck with your car Anwro, I really hope the RS package installation works fine, I'm sure the techs over at sfat al-ghanim still lack experience with the 2010 Camaro, but inshallah everything will go on track soon.

Camaro_h:
Congrats in advance, bes allah i3eanik 3aleahom, last time I went there the salesman told me that there were some delays with shipments and they were supposed to recieve December shipments before the end of November, but apparantly no sight of the shipment yet. and even though they told me I'd recieve mine on Jan, 1st 2010, I'm not really keeping my hopes up for that date and I'm sure I'd probably recieve it a bit later (maybe February ). But if you want my advice, keep in touch with them as much as you can and try to gain the VIN of your car to make sure it's what you've ordered and if you ever feel that the salesman "ga3id iragi3lik" go right ahead to the management and request for the manager, and try to let him get the VIN for you. I tried to get my VIN but apparantly they dont have them yet but as soon as I'm able to get it I'll post it and since the salesman is being cooprative with me I'll try my best to get the VINs of the full list and post them.

Q8Y:
Congratulations on your new Camaro , Ya36eek khairha wikafeek sharha inshallah. And thank you for the info regarding the VIN and the relation with the engine, I'll make sure to check that as soon as I get a hold of the VIN. Post some pics if you can, we'd like to see that beast.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #13
Q8Y

Drives: '12 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy CGM/LS3 View Post
Anwro:
Sorry, small correction, the salesman is called Osama Othman not Salman. Congratulations on your new Camaro , ya36eek 5airha wikafeek sharha, o allah ibariklik ibsayartik inshallah. inshallah I'll definatley post pics once I get the car.

Good luck with your car Anwro, I really hope the RS package installation works fine, I'm sure the techs over at sfat al-ghanim still lack experience with the 2010 Camaro, but inshallah everything will go on track soon.

Camaro_h:
Congrats in advance, bes allah i3eanik 3aleahom, last time I went there the salesman told me that there were some delays with shipments and they were supposed to recieve December shipments before the end of November, but apparantly no sight of the shipment yet. and even though they told me I'd recieve mine on Jan, 1st 2010, I'm not really keeping my hopes up for that date and I'm sure I'd probably recieve it a bit later (maybe February ). But if you want my advice, keep in touch with them as much as you can and try to gain the VIN of your car to make sure it's what you've ordered and if you ever feel that the salesman "ga3id iragi3lik" go right ahead to the management and request for the manager, and try to let him get the VIN for you. I tried to get my VIN but apparantly they dont have them yet but as soon as I'm able to get it I'll post it and since the salesman is being cooprative with me I'll try my best to get the VINs of the full list and post them.

Q8Y:
Congratulations on your new Camaro , Ya36eek khairha wikafeek sharha inshallah. And thank you for the info regarding the VIN and the relation with the engine, I'll make sure to check that as soon as I get a hold of the VIN. Post some pics if you can, we'd like to see that beast.
First of all 3idkom mubarak
I have posted a pic before
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46261

here's another one
Name:  IMG_0057.jpg
Views: 1423
Size:  101.7 KB

Last edited by Q8Y; 12-01-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Q8Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:27 AM   #14
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Q8Y: Thanks bro... bes we can't be waiting months and months because they dont know how to do their job right. After eid if my camaro hasn't arrived and sent to Jamarik, we have to get together and go as one group to safat alghanim and complain to the top manager about the shit thats goin down! All the sales consultants aim is takin' sales and not carin' about the customers.

Anyway let me know what you think./ Safe.
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kuwait camaro, kuwait dealer, kuwait m6, safat al-ghanim